Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than message board material, what media member has said we’ve had contact with Campbell? Serious question.

I don’t really count Josh Pate, feel like he’s just hearing it from his followers.

Late Night Thoughts on Candidate's Chances:
Just thought Id write up some thoughts on the candidates I saw today. Just bored so pay no mind if not interested.

Matt Campbell - No. I don't see us getting Matt Campbell. He is an Ohio man and honestly would only leave for a Big 10 job IMO. Making $3.7M in Iowa? He is set.
Luke Fickell - No. Same with Luke Fickell. He worked at Ohio State for quite a while and just recently had his son sign to play for him at Cincy.
Lane Kiffin - Maybe. With Plowman and White preaching integrity and character, I just don't see him pulling the trigger on Lane. I wish, but don't think so.
James Franklin - NO. Hubbs' dumbass said this on the podcast earlier today & you cannot be serious suggesting this man coming to Knoxville. Remember that whole cover up thing at Vandy?
Sean Lewis - Yes. White almost always hires someone not on anyone's list & I think given Kent State's ability to score, he could be considered. Hasnt had much success total wins wise, but is young and scores. Might like his potential.
Jason Candle - Yes. Almost word for word with Sean Lewis. Young guy, small school, scores points. Could be an option.
Tony Elliot - No. I think this is a leak for a raise from Clemson. No shot White doesn't give the UCF job to Elliot, but does the Tennessee job. I also don't see how someone with White's expertise couldn't recognize that Elliot's success by & large came from having generational QBs back to back in Watson & Lawrence.
Lance Leipold - Yes. Has a relationship with White & is clearly good at scoring points at Buffalo. Built Buffalo up and has had a nice few years.
Jamey Chadwell - Yes. The man can coach & score points. He has that bridge to Tennessee pride as well that I think White might see as a bonus. Its no Kiffin, but Id be happy with it ultimately.
Kevin McGiven - Maybe. If they were to go the coordinator route, which please God no, I could see this being a hire on not a single person's list. McGiven was at Oregon State when they were lighting up the scoreboards from 2015 - 2017 and helped San Jose State turn their offense into a highly effective one this year. Definite longshot, but could be a darkhorse here.

Im not an insider or anything, just my opinions from reading today. I really don't see White going after someone as big name as VN tends to think, but am happy to be wrong. White has a record of finding talent where no one else is looking. Fingers crossed!
Spot on.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Did you know Gus Malzahn was 3-4 against Nick Saban?
I hate Mehlzahn as a coach. I don't want him anywhere near this program. Quit just looking at certain numbers, or not...just do you. I sat and watched every gripe my in-laws had about him for years be pointed out and they were right on the money.

I mean..why the hell do you think they are paying him 20+ million to go away?...he freakin sucks.

Reactions: bullet20
We pay Butch his last payment next month. Woo hoo. Just in time to start another installment of buyouts. ☹️
It's my understanding that buyout money (all of it) is placed in trust at the time of the buyout and monthly withdrawls are made to pay the former employee. That should mean, technically, that buyout money would not be and issue 3-4 years down the road as that bill has already been paid.

I'm definitely no finacial wizard, so I'm quite possibly wrong about this.

Reactions: engineerVOL
I hate Mehlzahn as a coach. I don't want him anywhere near this program. Quit just looking at certain numbers, or not...just do you. I sat and watched every gripe my in-laws had about him for years be pointed out and they were right on the money.

I mean..why the hell do you think they are paying him 20+ million to go away?...he freakin sucks.
🤣

You are a VN treasure. Good night sweetheart

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back