Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
CLUES...

Donde:
We're trying to go big and make a big change.
About White...he's a builder. Coach...looking for a builder to build the program.
We want to win championships.
TN is not a place to learn on the job.
I want us to be a destination school.
(Too tired to remember if DW said anything different.)

AV:
Over the moon
Hire a current head coach
Happen quickly and best is yet to come
Agree 100000000% with Metal "Go get who you want make them say no. Quit screwing around with projects and coordinators."
Trust me change is coming and it will be good.
FU money coming to the table.

Stoerner:
Single candidate that's the focus. He's interested and has a relationship with White.
Top target (thinks Campbell) & 5 candidates including Herman, Frost, Lane.
Happen fast. 90% we have our guy.
Great summary.
To me that adds up to Campbell, Fleck, Frost, Kiffin or Freeze.

Reactions: TennacJed
I am admittedly am still upset about the last few hires we made and having said that it has lead me to the following conclusions:

Dooley came from a G5 school in LA so Napier doesn’t sit well with me.

Butch came from Cincy so Fickell doesn’t intrigue me.

Pruitt was a coordinator from one of the 2 “dynasty “ programs so I don’t love the idea of Elliot.

I prefer the other routes that have been mentioned.

I also realize my assessment has no basis in fact or true logic lol
Lol... All fair and I think a lot of us feel similarly, even if we won't admit it...

Fortunately DW will go thru more process than us.😉

I didn’t realize that Napier’s parting gift to Alabama WR room was the class of Jeudy, Riggs, Smith 👀 heck of a recruiter but I’d be surprised if we let The Process in the building again.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Kiffin and Freeze are the flings. Enjoy a good time knowing it will never last.

Campbell, Fickell and Napier are the ones you marry. They may not be the sexy hire. However, they win at their jobs, are loyal, give their best efforts, and will produce offspring you will love and cherish.

JMO.

Exactly. The boring hire is the correct one. Give me the 6 with a sweet side that cooks and wants kids.

Hyams just tweeted that DW has announced that he will be hiring a search firm to assist with the coach search. That doesn’t sound like he has his man to me.

He said he did it for the confidentiality part of the process. I think he has a narrowed group and a target. He just wants things quiet so he said he hire a search firm to hide the tracks and have NDAs

He said he did it for the confidentiality part of the process. I think he has a narrowed group and a target. He just wants things quiet so he said he hire a search firm to hide the tracks and have NDAs

Which the coaching fraternity loves so their current employers don't get riled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back