Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
CLUES...

Donde:
We're trying to go big and make a big change.
About White...he's a builder. Coach...looking for a builder to build the program.
We want to win championships.
TN is not a place to learn on the job.
I want us to be a destination school.
(Too tired to remember if DW said anything different.)

AV:
Over the moon
Hire a current head coach
Happen quickly and best is yet to come
Agree 100000000% with Metal "Go get who you want make them say no. Quit screwing around with projects and coordinators."
Trust me change is coming and it will be good.
FU money coming to the table.

Stoerner:
Single candidate that's the focus. He's interested and has a relationship with White.
Top target (thinks Campbell) & 5 candidates including Herman, Frost, Lane.
Happen fast. 90% we have our guy.

Last edited:
CLUES...

Donde:
We're trying to go big and make a big change.
About White...he's a builder. Coach...looking for a builder to build the program.
We want to win championships.
TN is not a place to learn on the job.
I want us to be a destination school.
(Too tired to remember if DW said anything different.)

AV:
Over the moon
Hire a current head coach
Happen quickly and best is yet to come
Agree 100000000% with Metal "Go get who you want make them say no. Quit screwing around with projects and coordinators."
Trust me change is coming and it will be good.
FU money coming to the table.

Stoerner:
Single candidate that's the focus. He's interested and has a relationship with White.
Top target (thinks Campbell) & 5 candidates including Herman, Frost, Lane.
Happen fast. 90% we have our guy.

Great summary SaS. After reading through that, I thought of one candidate and one only:

Matt Campbell

Go Vols!

We all would do well to embrace this thought:

There is more than one person who could come in and do well here. It’s not like there is ONE person, and if we don’t hire that person we have no chance. There are 20+ coaches out there who could do better than what we have done the last decade +.
I can think of one coach who wouldn’t be afraid to come here with the NCAA on our heels and evidently he wants to be here.And he can damn sure get his players up for games.

Also

Danny White: “I want a head coach who I can trust unequivocally. Having the right moral compass that will rub off on our student athletes”

Again. That's not meaningful. Of course, he's going to say that and of course he's not going to hire someone he doesn't trust. That doesn't really speak for or against LK unless we know White's relationship with him and/or anyone else. However, White isn't going to approach this from a scorned fan's perspective which is where people are reading in.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Again. That's not meaningful. Of course, he's going to say that and of course he's not going to hire someone he doesn't trust. That doesn't really speak for or against LK unless we know White's relationship with him and/or anyone else. However, White isn't going to approach this from a scorned fan's perspective which is where people are reading in.
This particular guy didn’t get a national recognition as a top 5 AD for just coach speak. I and a plethora of others still take people at their word, even in today’s wacky world. I‘m going to believe what he and Donde said about what they are looking for in a HC. I don‘t think this decision will have anything to do with “Scorned“ fans but his history suggests that he doesn’t fit the criteria they laid out today yesterday.

This particular guy didn’t get a national recognition as a top 5 AD for just coach speak. I and a plethora of others still take people at their word, even in today’s wacky world. I‘m going to believe what he and Donde said about what they are looking for in a HC. I don‘t think this decision will have anything to do with “Scorned“ fans but his history suggests that he doesn’t fit the criteria they laid out today yesterday.

No he got that reputation for bold hires and creativity. Like it or not Kiffin fits that bill. So do others. The idea that LK doesn't have integrity is one born more of scorned fandom than anything else unless we're just using the term willy nilly to describe people we dislike. He's certainly no worse than the majority of p5 coaches and better than some. And here's the thing, LK told Hamilton ahead of time he'd bolt if USC came open and when it did come open he kept his word (as ****** as that turned out to be for us that's actually pretty much the definition of integrity).

No he got that reputation for bold hires and creativity. Like it or not Kiffin fits that bill. So do others. The idea that LK doesn't have integrity is one born more of scorned fandom than anything else unless we're just using the term willy nilly to describe people we dislike. He's certainly no worse than the majority of p5 coaches and better than some. And here's the thing, LK told Hamilton ahead of time he'd bolt if USC came open and when it did come open he kept his word (as ****** as that turned out to be for us that's actually pretty much the definition of integrity).
Meh, left us after one year and IF he leave OM after one year. He’s eat up with the integrity, trust and a huge moral compass... Just so you know, I like LK as a coach as I’ve stated today, just like him way over there, but obviously you decided to key in this particular post almost in a fangirling kinda way. But its cool, well see in a couple of days if they were just corporate talking or not.

Lane dreams fading, IMO.
tenor.gif

Meh, left us after one year and IF he leave OM after one year. He’s eat up with the integrity, trust and a huge moral compass... Just so you know, I like LK as a coach as I’ve stated today, just like him way over there, but obviously you decided to key in this particular post almost in a fangirling kinda way. But its cool, well see in a couple of days if they were just corporate talking or not.

Leaving OM for State would be an issue. We're a better job than OM by MILES. Leaving us for USC was a lateral move at the time but it was one he was upfront about. Our AD is to blame for that.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back