Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Got it in my right sock. He's worth it
Didn't say he wasn't worth it, but it makes him an unrealistic choice. And that's assuming he would come here, which is far from any kind of certainty. I think he's a great coach, but UT isn't going to buy out Pruitt and his staff to turn around and pay another huge buyout to get a coach that they then have to pay a large sum.

There’s a guy on TOS that is duck hunting with Ty and the sons of UT (see TS thread) who seems to think we’re in on some bigger transfers and deep into the ‘22 class right now. Also seems to think that there will be a big turnaround next season, well, that’s the way I’m reading it anyway. Tifwiw
Sounds like someone in the administration. Of course everyone hopes for a big turnaround. Everyone also thought this was the year we broke through.

Yep. Donald Duck likely will be there, too.

IDT there's an edict to be in ATL in two years. UT thought it needed to stabilize the program and there was consensus around five years to put in a foundation and rebuild. IDT there was a number put on this year, and IDT there will be a number put on next year. Fans do that, but I think decisionmakers are looking for things to align from a bigger-picture perspective. When they do, UT will act accordingly.

And I say this knowing few will agree.
If anyone truly believes it takes five years to build a competent program then we are truly screwed.

Didn't say he wasn't worth it, but it makes him an unrealistic choice. And that's assuming he would come here, which is far from any kind of certainty. I think he's a great coach, but UT isn't going to buy out Pruitt and his staff to turn around and pay another huge buyout to get a coach that they then have to pay a large sum.
Top of my list last search. Wasn’t realistic then and now it’s lesser so.

Why were they within one score against teams they are better than at every position?

I don't see Clemson having to worry about last second field goals against Wake Forest every year.

We are grading on a curve here. Everybody knew Mullen was a good coach even though his record wasn't great. Same thing for Texas. "Okay" at Texas is straight up bad at Tennessee.

Take 10 spots off of his recruiting rankings and add 3 losses to his record. That's how Texas translates to Tennessee.
I dont think they are better at every position despite what recruiting rankings say. OU is probably more talented and they went to 3 OTs. Iowa St has a better QB and the guy that led the nation in rushing this year. Losing to IA St by a missed fg isn't a bad loss. They dominated Oregon the other day and also beat OU.
Mack Brown didn't win the Big 12 till his 8th season at Texas and only won it twice in 16 years. Him not winning it in 4 is not a complete failure.

I agree with you, Its also one reason I don't hate on Atlanta and other insiders. I do believe there was a portion of our boosters that tried to make a play for Freeze they just couldn't get enough money behind the move to make it happen.
As far as season tickets go, I don't think that matters much, I don't see stadiums being more than 50% full next year, are they really going to miss money they were going to lose anyways from COVID? Now, next year is the kicker if Pruitt pulls of 8 where are season tickets? What about 6? I agree its going to be a tough sell, but if Pruitt pulls of 8 then there will be enough new holders jump back in.
This may seem a little wild, but im actually kind of happy with how Fulmer and Co are handling it if I take emotions out of it. There isn't a consensus this year, so what if we wait 2 years then things change. Money comes on board and we end up with Kiffin and 90% booster pulling the same way? Thats better than rushing into a hire this year with boosters split 50/50 at best and its probably broken down more than that.
Stadiums will be full capacity next fall. IMO.

Easy there fellow. I didn't say you said that. I was just saying he's worth it.

Sounds like someone in the administration. Of course everyone hopes for a big turnaround. Everyone also thought this was the year we broke through.
I don’t keep up with VQ much so I don’t know all the posters over there. Only thing I know about him is that he knows some folks and hunts with them as is obvious by the pics. Others here would know about him than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back