Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why do we want a guy who gets outcoached all the time by guys with lesser talent? I mean people are in here drooling over Herman like he is some great sure thing...it is ridiculous imo.
1) he’s an instant upgrade over Pruitt and way more of a sure thing than napier or Chadwell

2) he doesn’t get out coached that often and has out coached people a lot. He’s got a great record as an underdog

3) the coaching in the SEC isn’t as good as it is in the BIG 12

Reactions: Devo182
He managed 6 wins while having the most talent in the Big 12?

Are we sure Bama won't fire Saban and hire him?
And you forgot, he's 5-0 in bowl appearances. He didn't just get there, he won. He's never had a losing season as a head coach. Like I said, Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops aren't walking through that door. Herman is a more realistic choice.

L.A. what happens in your opinion, if season starts next fall and stadium is only half of allowed capacity, no buzz around the program and the team finishes 5-7? If the admin realizes fans aren’t going to back the product, will boosters pick up the check or will they let the university foot the bill. It has been stated the admin feels fans will always show up, I’m not so sure this time.

No offense LA but this made me LOL. If we fix everything then everything will be better. Well of course. But who is going to develop our QBs? Chaney isn’t leaving so how is the offense going to get better? Culture is still bad three years in? How will that be fixed? Problem is Pruitt hasn’t fixed anything and we are getting blown out by our rivals and that will not change until we change our head coach.

His forgotten to teach Tennessee how to practice

He managed 6 wins while having the most talent in the Big 12?

Are we sure Bama won't fire Saban and hire him?
They went 7-3 with their game vs Kansas canceled. They lost by 2 to TCU because the Texas RB fumbled at the goal line going in for the game winning score at the end. They lost in 3 OTs to OU and lost by 3 to IA St with their kicker missing the game tying fg as time expired.

And you forgot, he's 5-0 in bowl appearances. He didn't just get there, he won. He's never had a losing season as a head coach. Like I said, Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops aren't walking through that door. Herman is a more realistic choice.
Never had less than 7 wins. It’s better.

Good deal. They need to pull Hayden as well. I've heard he is a guy that other players would flock too. I'd love to have his dad in a role like Baron's dad is in.
I think TS and DH are must gets in this class and need them to jump in early.

Hayden sr has been work Memphis kids for a bit, but he’s not thrilled with this season.

Then why do we want a guy who gets outcoached all the time by guys with lesser talent? I mean people are in here drooling over Herman like he is some great sure thing...it is ridiculous imo.

Where have I said he's a sure thing? He's a better option than what we currently have, and he's a realistic option. We could do a lot worse.

I think TS and DH are must gets in this class and need them to jump in early.

Hayden sr has been work Memphis kids for a bit, but he’s not thrilled with this season.

Yeah it would be nice for them to jump in early. It would also signal to early impact guys UT is sticking with CP and giving him the chance to win with their class. Really need them to be good recruiters too.

Yeah I bet he's not happy.

They went 7-3 with their game vs Kansas canceled. They lost by 2 to TCU because the Texas RB fumbled at the goal line going in for the game winning score at the end. They lost in 3 OTs to OU and lost by 3 to IA St with their kicker missing the game tying fg as time expired.
Why were they within one score against teams they are better than at every position?

I don't see Clemson having to worry about last second field goals against Wake Forest every year.

We are grading on a curve here. Everybody knew Mullen was a good coach even though his record wasn't great. Same thing for Texas. "Okay" at Texas is straight up bad at Tennessee.

Take 10 spots off of his recruiting rankings and add 3 losses to his record. That's how Texas translates to Tennessee.

Fulmer promised him 5 years. If Pruitt goes next year then Fulmer will be too
There’s absolutely no way you can fire Pruitt if this actually happened. The UT job is already a hard sell, now throw in that the admin and a mega booster promised him 5 years, then fired him after a Covid year. We would be an absolute joke in that profession.

Sure, every fan will say our program is a joke now, but there’s a difference between fans and the actually industries. It’s a lot easier to explain firing after next year, and still not appear we did him dirty. No matter our opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back