Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he’s fired you might as well pull for him. Otherwise you are just wanting to be miserable for the next 8 months waiting on the moment you can say “I told you it would be like this.” I remember when we talked recruiting. Oh the good ole days.

Ok then not a total "loser" he is a "better side of mediocre..so far"..or as I like to say....Meh.

You're right, he is not a loser...yet...but just wait till he takes over a bad rebuilding job like ours..then "loser" will apply...

Imo..
All your “meh” coaches have turned in some pretty good seasons

Texas has had far from “horrid” results or coaching under Herman. I’m just trying to be respectable here. Not win a title yet.
I didn't say he had "horrid" results, I said we did. I do not see him as a savior, I see him as another future hated ex-coach after everybody gets sick of getting beat 55-40 for 3-4 years.

If anyone truly believes it takes five years to build a competent program then we are truly screwed.

I don’t think 5 years is unreasonable to build us back to dominance. The problem is it isn’t just “keep a coach that’s terrible for 4 years and he is magically competitive in the 5th”.

Our team has regressed under Pruitt from where Butch was and from where he looked to be taking us at times in his tenure. I would accept 5 years if there was progress. But this team was truly terrible end it wasn’t merely talent. it was execution, heart, and effort. That comes from coaching and it wasn’t there.
Unfortunately He will be our coach next year. And he will lose spectacularly and we will struggle to attract a good replacement after we fire him.

I am Jacks utter lack of hope.

Reactions: Devo182
I think a lot of people either don’t realize, or are forgetting what Pruitt’s perception is amongst many in the coaching community. He’s highly, highly respected from a defensive standpoint. Unlike our previous two head coaches, who were pretty much universally thought to be terrible from a pure X’s and O’s perspective. I’ll add this as well, guys were being developed in his first two years. Yes, everyone had to deal with corona, but not having a spring, summer, or really a fall practice to develop guys is a major factor from a developmental standpoint. No question about that.
Are they going to have a full spring practice this year? I doubt they'll have a spring game

Because he's been told not to while they investigate
Thats the biggest bunch of bull crap I have ever heard. I just read the other day that he has spoken with some. Here's the facts, he can't get anyone to come coach under him after the brambaugh deal. Wait until the hires happen. They will be crazy underwhelming

All your “meh” coaches have turned in some pretty good seasons
Who..Mehlan?..I will never want that goofy weirdo meh SoB. He is at the perfect situation for him...for now.

Plus I haven't ever said him or Hermehn are necessarily bad coaches...imo they are "meh" we don't need "meh", we need someone who can be "great."

Mehlzahn is so great he is literally hated by the AU fanbase, and got shitcanned for his greatness.

Are they going to have a full spring practice this year? I doubt they'll have a spring game
They better. Tired of the corona bro’s dictating everything. I want a full spring practice, summer workouts, and a regular fall season with 100,000 people in the stands every home game. Screw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back