Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Freeze as HC bad but I don’t want to lose the recruits we have coming in if Pruitt is fried...... but at the same time seeing Hugh at SCjr or Auburn killing it would make me sick..... life as a Vol fan.
I may want Pruitt fired but I don’t want him fried. That’s a lit 🔥 tle much.

Reactions: HeadVol77
With the amount of a roster you could keep due to covid this is a unique year in that losing incoming recruits wouldn’t hurt quite as much

Also rich people car about the market not the unemployment rate so many of the people with the means to finance a move likely aren’t being negatively affected by the economy at present

I may want Pruitt fired but I don’t want him fried. That’s a lit 🔥 tle much.
dont want to fire the guy bc I do believe he has potential. however, i do think thus far team has regressed and has been mismanaged, and coaching has been bad.

If Fulmer makes the call it need be on big name. I wont lose sleep.

i don't think it's a serious consideration currently. and i definitley don't think it gets more serious becuse he tweeted out something about JP's contract.

It’s not a serious one idt. I disagree w the second part I guess, that makes it a little more legitimate to me but that’s just my take.

I want Freeze as HC bad but I don’t want to lose the recruits we have coming in if Pruitt is fried...... but at the same time seeing Hugh at SCjr or Auburn killing it would make me sick..... life as a Vol fan.
Think we have to give up the notion that any single recruiting class is more critical than a great coach.

The class is very solid, but there's no TLaw or Clowney sitting there either. And the way Pruitt is using/developing the younger kids...what is really its value?

I love recruiting as much as anyone. But Hugh would do better than we have been with the 50th ranked recruiting class. I'm okay with tanking in recruiting one year. Besides, most guys would stay on anyway because they know we're hiring a winner. Especially offensive guys. That's jmo

Currie was a great AD up until Mullen spurned him. He saved a lot of jobs from being outsourced, brought the lady vols stuff back, had a ton of booster money coming in and all kinds of other stuff. Anybody that worked in the AD will tell you that he was going a great job.

Sure but to me that means he was exposed. He didn’t have the balls to stand in the fire and make a good decision so he copped out easy w schiano. There were certainly better ways to cop out easy too imo, Pruitt being an easy one as well.

I love recruiting as much as anyone. But Hugh would do better than we have been with the 50th ranked recruiting class. I'm okay with tanking in recruiting one year. Besides, most guys would stay on anyway because they know we're hiring a winner. Especially offensive guys. That's jmo
I really want Rucker, Lewis, Brooks, Willis, and McGhee to stay on defense.... I would worry less about offensive guys.

Well, VN didn't know in any of those searches and doesn't know now who it wants. The loud few don't speak for all of VN. There's much disagreement. One fan's #1 choice is another's "no way".

I think VN enjoys coaching searches more than football itself. Maybe that's why we're always so quick to call for firing of coaches, any coach. Some wouldn't know what to do if we started winning so much that they couldn't justify calling for a coach to be fired. I admit, they are fun.

Yes they are. I couldn't get anything accomplished during the last hire. And I agree about who people want. It's fun to dream, but usually that's all there is to it, just a pipe dream. sigh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back