Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Freeze is one of like 2 active coaches to have beaten Nick Saban's Alabama more than once should be all the reason a TN AD needs to make this move. In fact, knowing how much Phil hates Alabama, that's the only thing that gives me hope. Phil wants to beat Alabama. Freeze is the guy for that job.

The fact that Freeze is one of like 2 active coaches to have beaten Nick Saban's Alabama more than once should be all the reason a TN AD needs to make this move. In fact, knowing how much Phil hates Alabama, that's the only thing that gives me hope. Phil wants to beat Alabama. Freeze is the guy for that job.
And this is his dream job!

Pruitt’s buyout is $13 mil. Wonder if everything’s unsalvageable that he would take an $8 mil lump sum? He’d command $2 mil a year as a DC and it would be preferable to load up his account then pay him to make below market value at another stop. Remember he’s under no obligation to mitigate his salary if he’s fired.
Ive thought about this as well, if Pruitt does want out I could see him making a deal with Fulmer that would lessen the buyout. Imo that is the only way we have a HC change this year.

Allegedly

Not allegedly. I read about it back when we played OM under Butch. Freeze had a serious hard on for UT and East, TN. He broke into Neyland and Honeymooned in Pigeon Forge. lol. He's also told Chris Low more than once that Tennessee was his dream job (IIRC, he even said that while coaching OM).

If a new AD is hired and is in charge of the new hire, no way do they put their rep on the line and hire Freeze.

I posted this a few years back when freeze was discussed as the Oc but it seems relevant now

True or not there are significant rumors about Freeze having inappropriate relationships with students while coaching at briarcrest. Now I certainly can’t say if they are true or false but one thing is certain an AD better be damn sure there isn’t going to an issue like that that comes up. That’s different in terms of forgiving than his ordeal at Ole Miss if true

Reactions: SpringBokVol
I think you have to get Freeze for two reasons:
1. He’s a winner, everywhere he goes.
2. You keep him away from the other SEC teams.
If he lands in the SEC East you might as well start chalking it up as a loss.
Since we can't play defense on the field, we should play defense by hiring head coaches before other SEC schools hire them?

If we didn't give Pruitt an extension, how much more likely would Freeze be right now?

Money is an excuse but it's not the reason. If we want Freeze then the money doesn't matter. You work it out as every other school has done when they wanted a specific hire. Take a page from the long list of SEC brethren who've managed to do it despite making less money than us.

Not allegedly. I read about it back when we played OM under Butch. Freeze had a serious hard on for UT and East, TN. He broke into Neyland and Honeymooned in Pigeon Forge. lol.
No I've read those things too. I definitely believe he would love to be here and this is on his list of dream jobs. I just think its a list of more than one team. Freeze/his agent knows how to keep his name out there and his stock high.

Reactions: UTProf
I posted this a few years back when freeze was discussed as the Oc but it seems relevant now

True or not there are significant rumors about Freeze having inappropriate relationships with students while coaching at briarcrest. Now I certainly can’t say if they are true or false but ole thing is certain an AD better be damn sure there isn’t going to an issue like that that comes up. That’s different in terms of forgiving than his ordeal at Ole Miss if true
Hopefully Liberty fully vetted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back