Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but he continually said he “hated it for the staff” why would you say things like this if they weren’t out the door this year or next?

It was def. a self-contradictory post. Perhaps he didn't say whatever he meant to say? Regardless, sounded pretty down on JP.

Someone on here said at the last coaching search, that we were the National Champions of coaching searches. I agree. Seems we live for them. However, think back at all the coaching searches and tell me how many of those that were hired were actually coaches VolNation wanted? Yeah, I couldn't think of one either.

Well, VN didn't know in any of those searches and doesn't know now who it wants. The loud few don't speak for all of VN. There's much disagreement. One fan's #1 choice is another's "no way".

I think VN enjoys coaching searches more than football itself. Maybe that's why we're always so quick to call for firing of coaches, any coach. Some wouldn't know what to do if we started winning so much that they couldn't justify calling for a coach to be fired. I admit, they are fun.

Reactions: beachmaster
Hard to see Phillip making it through this either. He was always going to be a stop gap due to the situation Currie put us in. I have a really bad feeling we may witness another power play for the program If that happens.

Granted I don’t think loosing JP and PF at the same time would be a bad thing for the program at this point. I would certainly be behind a coaching change this year but again if I were a betting man there is no amount I would put on us getting rid of him due to the economic environment we are in.

I hate it for JP and his staff. They have sacrificed so much in so many ways to try and turn this thing around.
Ugh, I like this to an extent but not sure how much. I don’t like the power play part at all, because I’m pretty sure that means the Haslams are the one making the play, which I really don’t think is best for the program, and I would almost be willing to guarantee they will not hire who we all want. I am concerned we will end up even worse than where we are. Ugh! Why can’t everyone just get along?!

Hard to see Phillip making it through this either. He was always going to be a stop gap due to the situation Currie put us in. I have a really bad feeling we may witness another power play for the program If that happens.

Granted I don’t think loosing JP and PF at the same time would be a bad thing for the program at this point. I would certainly be behind a coaching change this year but again if I were a betting man there
is no amount I would put on us getting rid of him due to the economic environment we are in.

I hate it for JP and his staff. They have sacrificed so much in so many ways to try and turn this thing around.

Wait ..... so now Fulmer and Pruitt are goners?

Uh, okay

Reactions: UTProf
Hubbs is just stoking the coaching search fire to keep readership up during a back half of a season filled with postponed games, nasty losses, and likely recruiting defections. I'm sure Freak could confirm this, but Tennessee websites are never busier than when there's coaching rumors.
At the risk of really pissing off his contacts within the AD if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back