The SEC is trying to form a super-conference with the ACC and Big12

I like UT's odds here.

EfBdRo8XkAIz51K
Awful

I like UT's odds here.

EfBdRo8XkAIz51K

I like the idea of making new alignments of 10 teams each out of the "Power 3," and basing the new groups geographically so travel distances are shorter. But here's another way of putting those ideas together that I really like:

1597102797429.png

So some schools have to give up football permanently, sorry fellas. You just weren't close enough to enough other programs.
I'll miss LSU. The rest, meh, it's no big loss. Haha.

There we go. 3 conferences, turn into 3 smaller conferences, and most every game is a bus trip, no cross country flights.

Go Vols!

(yes, I'm grinning like the cheshire cat in anticipation of our alligator visitors checking this one out)

Why? I thought the goal was to play a conference only schedule? What does it matter what the other conferences are doing if you play a conference only schedule? I thought that was the entire point of it
I like the idea of only because it’s going to put pressure on any conference to not fold to the pressures of cancelling their season. Think about it, Ohio State players and Head coach are being vocal that they are willing to play elsewhere, the SEC to be exact. They are actually trying to get it done to be fair. Do you think the BIG10 will just sit back and watch their biggest program walk to a rival conference? Even if it were to be just one season? And if they did, and it was majorly successful they’d have people pushing to make it permanent, causing the BIG10 to lose their largest payday.

Bottom line is the BIG10 can’t risk the thought of that even remotely being possible. Doing this will cause the BIG10 to fold and let the season play. This will cause other programs to follow in Ohio States footsteps. Ohio State has a big stick they can/and are apparently willing to use.
Now I’m not sure of all the legal issue involved and would image that being the big hang up stopping it from happening. But at the same time if the BIG10 fought it then it wouldn’t look good for them preventing such a large program, players, coaches, fans, etc from having the opportunity to compete.
You also have to think about the players who only have one more year of eligibility. Do they not get the chance to show they can compete in the NFL? Do they have to stick around one extra year after graduation to play next year? Do they have to pay for this years tuition since they aren’t playing? Or are they just getting a free year of school? And would it be even fair to charge them when they had every intention of playing. The BIG10 even if they can prevent it will look like terrible. Their options are let Ohio State walk, or open the season back up.

Plus I think it would be cool to see Ohio State play in the SEC to be honest.

Last edited:
Your presumption is wrong lol, I too was laid off (worked for a University after graduating the year before with my MPH). People are going to catch COVID yes. We do need to MINIMIZE spread though. Until a vaccine has been developed and administered.

There is a reason why other countries have done so well with this. Not everything is some big media conspiracy. Wear a damn mask, edit your routine a bit, and yes it will be inconvenient. Suck it up and deal with it for a bit and we will be better off in the long run.

Look I am clearly a sports fan as well. But sports are not that important in the grand scheme of a pandemic.
My error but that is why i used "presumably". That you are a laid off government employee makes you rarer than a flying rainbow colored unicorn.

Reactions: allvol123
I don’t care, if the players and coaches want to play them do it. Go to the peewee football field and play, I bet more than most on these boards with a hot take will go watch.

I like the idea of making new alignments of 10 teams each out of the "Power 3," and basing the new groups geographically so travel distances are shorter. But here's another way of putting those ideas together that I really like:

View attachment 298765

So some schools have to give up football permanently, sorry fellas. You just weren't close enough to enough other programs.
I'll miss LSU. The rest, meh, it's no big loss. Haha.

There we go. 3 conferences, turn into 3 smaller conferences, and most every game is a bus trip, no cross country flights.

Go Vols!

(yes, I'm grinning like the cheshire cat in anticipation of our alligator visitors checking this one out)
Just draw a complete wiener with testes and that’s your division.

A big problem with that is that this virus isn't going anywhere, and the overwhelming majority of folks polled stated they would not take the vaccine. IMO, this virus will have a huge presence for several years until the masses trust and accept a vaccine. Spring or next Fall most likely will still see massive positive cases. Of course, I also believe that the "shut down the world mentality" will change in early November.
Yep

It looks like college football is ushering the way for what could one day become a national secession.

I wouldn't even bother trying to blend the conferences together. Say the ACC, Big 12 and SEC all maintain an eight game conference schedule within their existing conference. They pick up 4 rotating OOC games, two from each of the other conferences, and have inter-conference weeks like basketball already has (ACC-Big 10, SEC-Big 12). No more glorified bye weeks, just big-boy football, every week. You're not getting rid of your traditional rivalries, and you get to start new ones.

After 12 games, play the conference championships (game 13), then the inter-conference championships (games 14 & 15, each conference champion and the strongest at-large each year). Whoever wins that is essentially the national champion anyway, but if you do want one more after that against Southern Cal or Ohio State or whatever, sure, go for it. FCS plays 16 games without much of a stink about it.

Well, many of the vaccine being developed for the prevention of Covid-19 are what Are known as RNA vaccines which are not grown in egg cells. There are no RNA vaccines currently in use or approved for use. That is why it takes months or years to develop safe and effective vaccines. Being a novel virus, vaccine trials for this virus are even more important. One does not yet know the efficacy of theses new vaccine or the duration of antibodies which may be produced by RNA vaccines. We all hope these vaccines will be safe and effective, but no one knows if they do until the new vaccines have been throughly tested.
Except Russia and China look like they will throw caution in the wind and let their populations be the guinea pigs.

I wouldn't even bother trying to blend the conferences together. Say the ACC, Big 12 and SEC all maintain an eight game conference schedule within their existing conference. They pick up 4 rotating OOC games, two from each of the other conferences, and have inter-conference weeks like basketball already has (ACC-Big 10, SEC-Big 12). No more glorified bye weeks, just big-boy football, every week. You're not getting rid of your traditional rivalries, and you get to start new ones.

After 12 games, play the conference championships (game 13), then the inter-conference championships (games 14 & 15, each conference champion and the strongest at-large each year). Whoever wins that is essentially the national champion anyway, but if you do want one more after that against Southern Cal or Ohio State or whatever, sure, go for it. FCS plays 16 games without much of a stink about it.

That's sounds fun, but they are going to play the least amount of games they can and call it a season.

Precisely.

SEC dropped its non-conference opponents to ensure the SEC could have control over its own destiny.

Now?

Pretty obvious that the SEC heads are ducking for cover. The legal liabilities here are significant.

I’m not saying that lawsuits would not be filed over COVID, but the fact is proving causation would be near impossible. There is simply no way to prove engaging in a specific activity caused or contributed to contracting the virus. And as for employees in Tennessee, workers compensation would be the sole remedy.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I’m not saying that lawsuits would not be filed over COVID, but the fact is proving causation would be near impossible. There is simply no way to prove engaging in a specific activity caused or contributed to contracting the virus. And as for employees in Tennessee, workers compensation would be the sole remedy.
This...the CDC can't even make definitive statements about how the virus spreads, if you are immune after you get it, at.what point you are no longer contagious. There is no way to prove that any action directly led to or contributed to some one getting the virus.

Reactions: 1 in 102 455

VN Store

Back