The SEC is trying to form a super-conference with the ACC and Big12

Hmm... lessee... more inflammatory stuff... The PAC may not survive the left coast student athletes' move to unionize.

So does ESPN have $800M to pay the Big 10 not to play? Are they getting that money overselling the SEC and ACC? Now we know the reason they did an about face was a threat of being sued by the Big 10.

There's no doubt about it. The Big 10 would withhold the 56 million dollar payout to Nebraska. Which they have every right to do to a team that bails on them.

In the end Nebraska was never going to actually bail. They were just posturing to show their displeasure.

There's no doubt about it. The Big 10 would withhold the 56 million dollar payout to Nebraska. Which they have every right to do to a team that bails on them.

In the end Nebraska was never going to actually bail. They were just posturing to show their displeasure.
My question is where will the Big 10 get $55M to pay Nebraska, and another $55M to pay OSU, etc.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

Really curious as to how much that payout is going to be without football.

Reactions: Remy
If (IF) the Big 10 plays in the Spring there will be money...Might not be as much but I'd say Nebraska doesn't want to miss out on it.

That's a stupid question considering it has nothing to do with my point...

It has everything to do with your point, playing football is a greater danger of getting injured, than covid19 is to them. I wonder how many football players have even been hospitalized from covid, versus how many are hospitalized from football injuries while playing football.

It has everything to do with your point, playing football is a greater danger of getting injured, than covid19 is to them. I wonder how many football players have even been hospitalized from covid, versus how many are hospitalized from football injuries while playing football.
you just made my original point... People with Chinese Virus have died and have been hospitalized. You can say the same with football.

The Big12 are liars. They only have 10 member schools. They lack equal footing with the ACC & SEC. The SEC & ACC should dictate terms. If the B12-2 don't like it, they can join the "G6" in the post-covid-19 world.
Take that to the Math Thread please

Just cancel the season geez it’s not hard and come back in September 2021 when we have a vaccine and this virus under better control.
Yeah, that flu vaccine has been doing wonders for flu deaths since the 1950s. You wait on your placebo while the rest of the world moves on

Educate me on the potential consequences of either team bucking their conferences. I’m just curious. The Big 10 doesn’t want to lose OSU, regardless of their decision.

Apparently whatever the conference told them worked. Each team did a 180 degree about face and backtracked on their tough talk. Nebraska clamored to get out of the Big12 and into the Big10. There's no way they will leave the Big10. And where is Ohio State going to go if they got kicked out? The SEC? No I don't think so. Ohio State knows how sweet a deal they have playing in the Big10. There's no way they or their fans would want to play an SEC schedule every year. These teams get a ton of revenue from the conference and an easy schedule. They wont give that up. Ohio State would never permanently give up their relationship with the Big10 over one year of football.

Big Ten commissioner says no to the idea of Nebraska playing football this fall out of conference

Nebraska ends talk of playing outside Big Ten

https://omaha.com/sports/college/hu...cle_369aa456-253a-5162-8a70-150e7fc1c85f.html

AD Gene Smith: Ohio State won’t play outside Big Ten | NBC4 WCMH-TV.

VN Store

Back