The SEC is trying to form a super-conference with the ACC and Big12

MWAVolfan

In an attempt to save the season.....

Reported by Dan Patrick

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"The SEC's attempt to save its season seemingly comes down to whether it can convince ACC or Big 12 member schools to form a one-season coalition. If that's the case, those schools will likely have to make concessions to guarantee the safety of the players, which may change the landscape of college football. "

Last edited:
In an attempt to save the season.....

Reported by Dan Patrick

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"The SEC's attempt to save its season seemingly comes down to whether it can convince ACC or Big 12 member schools to form a one-season coalition. If that's the case, those schools will likely have to make concessions to guarantee the safety of the players, which may change the landscape of college football. "

Why? I thought the goal was to play a conference only schedule? What does it matter what the other conferences are doing if you play a conference only schedule? I thought that was the entire point of it

Why? I thought the goal was to play a conference only schedule? What does it matter what the other conferences are doing if you play a conference only schedule? I thought that was the entire point of it

Perhaps the SEC smells blood in the water. The Big12 and ACC likely would be heavily damaged and not survive as conferences if the season was cancelled. This is a hostile takeover by the SEC.

Let men all join. Let’s go! Can you imagine the fans excited around the nation for this??

It’s be a precursor for the P5 breaking away from the NCAA.
Big external events have a way of speeding up things that were going to happen eventually anyway.

We've already seen that with WFH in the business/corporate world...why not just go ahead and create a superconference in the college sports world?

Reactions: dduncan4163
It would be way better to absorb these conferences now seeing as how they would be the only thing on TV and reap huge profits from TV deals. We are talking about the SEC gaining all these new teams potentially.

It might make sense to take Texas and Oklahoma along with a team from VA and one from NC. But taking on both conferences in full? Terrible idea.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.
“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”

The Sun Also Rises -- Ernest Hemingway

This applies here as well as most situations. I don't think football happens this fall, but things are moving fast, finally. Something is happening. I just doubt it leads to much football before spring.

I hope we can play in the spring because things are better.

It might make sense to take Texas and Oklahoma along with a team from VA and one from NC. But taking on both conferences in full? Terrible idea.

If the end goal is to have unmitigated control over all of college football, then you eventually have to absorb every team.

Reactions: esarmstrong

Why is it terrible? It is putting teams that want to play and letting them do just that. I think you just don't want to see Clemson in your side of the bracket.

VN Store

Back