'21 TX RB LJ Johnson

Is LSU in on this kid? He comes from an LSU family, so just curious what their interest level is.
GBO!!

Ty Chandler would have better overall numbers if our JG knew how to throw RB screens. Chaney had to basically wipe those from the playbook since it was a turnover or drive killing machine with his lack of touch in game setting. I do feel like we should have found other ways to use him vertically in pass game like Helton did at times since horizontal didn’t work. Chandler is one of those you have to get involved in pass game to truly see his full value.

Ty Chandler would have better overall numbers if our JG knew how to throw RB screens. Chaney had to basically wipe those from the playbook since it was a turnover or drive killing machine with his lack of touch in game setting. I do feel like we should have found other ways to use him vertically in pass game like Helton did at times since horizontal didn’t work. Chandler is one of those you have to get involved in pass game to truly see his full value.
you're not wrong. lol. painful.

and i agree on the helton year....ty was not used enough nor did it seem like they really tried to feature him at all. he had a pretty big game against Auburn, and i thought that might be the game where all the bells and whistles went off regarding him.

i think he's good. i think our RB situation with Gray and who we got coming in is better.....

I wonder if in 1997 any fans said “Do we really need Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, and Travis Stephens in this class?”
tumblr_inline_pfvux2uvBc1s95p1z_250.gifv

No they were all about a kid who could not stay in school named Jasper Sanks. Thought Jamal Lewis was left overs.

I followed recruiting closely back then. Everyone was extremely excited about Lewis and no one thought he was leftovers. I had a class with Lewis that year and there were people lined up outside the classroom to get his autograph before he'd ever played a down.

So no...they were no all about a kid named Jasper Sanks. We were all about Jamal Lewis.

I followed recruiting closely back then. Everyone was extremely excited about Lewis and no one thought he was leftovers. I had a class with Lewis that year and there were people lined up outside the classroom to get his autograph before he'd ever played a down.

So no...they were no all about a kid named Jasper Sanks. We were all about Jamal Lewis.

All you had to see was the FL-GA Allstar game, which was rare to see on TV back then, and you knew!

VN Store

Back