'21 TX RB LJ Johnson

Nope, we don't. But if this is for real, either Elijah Howard or Jaylen Wright might get a "you need to look around" phone call.

Not necessarily...

We lose 3 SRs.
Eric Gray is our ONLY proven back after that.

2021 looks like this:
Gray, Evans (JR)
Small, Whitehead, Hodge(SO)
LJ Johnson, Wright, Brown, (FR)

Howard is being recruited at DB
Johnson, Evans, Small, and Wright are IMO the next after Gray.
Brown, Whitehead, and Hodge are all mostly power backs.

Wright has a lot of ability. Reminds of Chris Jones at LSU. Behind Evans, he is our 2nd most talented RB commit IMO right now.
Watch him blow up this season.

We played 4 RBs this season. So did UGA, and UF. So really we need about 6 dependable Rbs on the roster...

Not necessarily...

We lose 3 SRs.
Eric Gray is our ONLY proven back after that.

2021 looks like this:
Gray, Evans (JR)
Small, Whitehead, Hodge(SO)
LJ Johnson, Wright, Brown, (FR)

Howard is being recruited at DB
Johnson, Evans, Small, and Wright are IMO the next after Gray.
Brown, Whitehead, and Hodge are all mostly power backs.

Wright has a lot of ability. Reminds of Chris Jones at LSU. Behind Evans, he is our 2nd most talented RB commit IMO right now.
Watch him blow up this season.

We played 4 RBs this season. So did UGA, and UF. So really we need about 6 dependable Rbs on the roster...
I still think Whitehead winds up in the front 7... Ultimately... And wouldn't be surprised if Hodge did as well.

There's room if this turns out to be a thing...

How soon we forget what High School film looks like.
I’m assuming you’re implying Ty Chandler isn’t good. The first time he touched a ball in a UT jersey he scored. He’s been plagued with injuries/concussions, and at 5’11 maybe 190 he’s not built like a durable SEC back. But he’s done a good job so far, leading UT running backs with almost 700 yards rushing his sophomore and junior year, while splitting reps with Tim Jordan, and Gray and Jordan this past year

If this kid wants in, I'd go with him and Brown. Given our other needs, I'm not sure we need more than two RBs in this class if we can fill other needs with quality guys. But that's JMO.
Take juco back also on short downs. Take Cobb & Webb. Each back would drag ball down to 1 yard line with 3 lbs on their back. They would take themselves out to let their teammate score. That’s when you know you have a team.

Reactions: Beagle Bill

VN Store

Back