'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Since we're trending here, I took about 20 minutes to watch his HUDL (and some YT highlights) and I am shocked that he's isn't one of the top recruits in the country. Not only is he outside the top 100, but he only has 15 offers?! The only explanation I can think of is that schools and analysts have been apprehensive to go all in on his football potential because basketball is such a high priority for him.

His athletic ability and body control are unreal. The only other recruits I can remember watching that had that same ability were very highly rated (AJ Green, Justin Hunter, Preston Williams etc). Wideman will be an incredible talent to watch wherever he lands.
Do you have a link to a specific video that showed off his abilities? Tried to watch a couple, but they were so poorly edited, they were painful to watch. 20 seconds pre-snap, 20 seconds after the tackle, 1st play was just him pass blocking...turrible. Need to get @bignewt on his HUDLs.

Reactions: bignewt
Do you have a link to a specific video that showed off his abilities? Tried to watch a couple, but they were so poorly edited, they were painful to watch. 20 seconds pre-snap, 20 seconds after the tackle, 1st play was just him pass blocking...turrible. Need to get @bignewt on his HUDLs.

They're pretty poor, overall. This video was my favorite as far as showing his ability. The one-handed TD grab in the second clip is wildly impressive:

I could definitely put something together if there is a way to rip the Hudl videos.

Quit buying Forrest's mag the year after Peyton..... Imagine how timely to relive his most famous quote..... Discussing Peyton he said he was a good QB but he was no Freddy Kitchens....... that one just sticks with you....
I remember that. He had a TV show with Jamie Newberg called "Countdown to signing day."

I could definitely put something together if there is a way to rip the Hudl videos.
Real easy, actually.

From Chrome, right-click and choose "View Page Source". Once on the code page, search ".mp4". Copy the video link. Enter link into browser. Right-click on the video itself and choose "Save As...".

It opened for me in VLC and crappy old Filmora. Should be good for any editor.

Reactions: WarMachine
I remember that. He had a TV show with Jamie Newberg called "Countdown to signing day."

YEP.... could not miss that show.... that was during the time I actually lived in Guntersville, AL..... Who was the yankee with the other magazine? Bill something maybe.... I have reached the age where memory is an issue...

Used to strain my ears trying to hear the Bob Bell and Bill King radio show out of Nashville..... those were the days...

Hate that with Beckwith. Really like him. Hope you are right about the other two.

Would that leave room for the WR from GA?
Barnes screwed us with Beckwith imo...but...I hate to say it...he was just bring honest. UFs BB program is garbage and he will probably able to find a spot on that crap roster...With what have already here and coming in...not so much a chance to make the squad..well played Florida..well played.

I hate missing on Beckwith...it will be seen as our worst miss in this class in a couple of years IMO....really hate it..

Reactions: sjt18
They're pretty poor, overall. This video was my favorite as far as showing his ability. The one-handed TD grab in the second clip is wildly impressive:

Thanks, that one was much more palatable. All said and just being honest, I'm not sure if he jumps off the screen like some have said. Nice end zone receiver, but haven't seen a lot away from the end zone that stood out. But those were all before this year, so he also needs a Senior highlight reel, too...

Barnes screwed us with Beckwith imo...but...I hate to say it...he was just bring honest. UFs BB program is garbage and he will probably able to find a spot on that crap roster...With what have already here and coming in...not so much a chance to make the squad..well played Florida..well played.

I hate missing on Beckwith...it will be seen as our worst miss in this class in a couple of years IMO....really hate it..
What happened with Beckwith? Or are you just talking general feeling?

Reactions: walkenvol
That's the most unrealistic outcome.
If "realistic" is over/under 50%, I would agree.

Even if we are pretty pessimistic on everyone and say the chances of picking the goody guys are:
Evans only 25%
Wideman only 25%
Beckwith only 25%,

Then odds are still 58% we get at least one.

And that is being pretty dang pessimistic. Even @Catbone wouldn't go this low (prolly).

You’re booming that Wienke will get credit IF we land him. Ok
I'm booming at AV poking at @Bassmaster_Vol .

Is that ok? Don't want to break any rules. Nor do I want to upset anyone. Should I edit the post. Gosh, I'm at a loss for words. This is very perplexing. You've really thrown me for a loop. Not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight without some chemical assistance.

If "realistic" is over/under 50%, I would agree.

Even if we are pretty pessimistic on everyone and say the chances of picking the goody guys are:
Evans only 25%
Wideman only 25%
Beckwith only 25%,

Then odds are still 58% we get at least one.

And that is being pretty dang pessimistic. Even @Catbone wouldn't go this low (prolly).
Too bad real life doesn't work that way...

If you flip a coin you have a 50% chance every time, but how many times have you flipped a coin and lost five or more flips in a row?

VN Store

Back