'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

So if we land Wideman, who do you think will crack the rotation and who do they try and RS?

Personally, I think Calloway will be the only one that doesn't RS. I think Hyatt and Wideman will get some exposure in up to 4 games, but I see them trying to give them each a RS year, Hyatt for sure.

It'll be awfully hard for the coaches to keep 4.3 speed off the field. His receiver skills are a lot crisper than I feel like we give him credit for. Regardless we still need WIDEMAN!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
It'll be awfully hard for the coaches to keep 4.3 speed off the field. His receiver skills are a lot crisper than I feel like we give him credit for. Regardless we still need WIDEMAN!

I don't disagree, if he (Hyatt) comes in and just lights it up I could see them getting him more snaps then I am anticipating. I would love to see him as a deep threat, just don't think it will be full time this season. Maybe he will be used similar to the way bama used Waddle. At the end of the day you do need that speed on the field.

Wideman reminds me of Justin Hunter. Maybe a Hunter / Bret Smith hybrid.
Bret Smith ? Haven't heard that name in a minute, underappreciated and under used at UT, imo. Loved him, very productive. Didn't Smith grap an onside kick on a big bounce and return it for a TD against somebody ?

Reactions: LoudOrange
Bret Smith ? Haven't heard that name in a minute, underappreciated and under used at UT, imo. Loved him, very productive. Didn't Smith grap an onside kick on a big bounce and return it for a TD against somebody ?

Ole Miss in 2004 iirc.

This guy is most important, Beckwith is a great athlete but there is no telling how well he would do as a WR or a TE. Plus, if he is more enamored with BBall that does not translate very well insofar as his concentration on football. But I would sure love to have Beckwith and see how he develops...
Who is higher rated in Baskeball, Beckwith or Wideman ?

Against UGA, yes. We throttled them that year.

Since we're trending here, I took about 20 minutes to watch his HUDL (and some YT highlights) and I am shocked that he's isn't one of the top recruits in the country. Not only is he outside the top 100, but he only has 15 offers?! The only explanation I can think of is that schools and analysts have been apprehensive to go all in on his football potential because basketball is such a high priority for him.

His athletic ability and body control are unreal. The only other recruits I can remember watching that had that same ability were very highly rated (AJ Green, Justin Hunter, Preston Williams etc). Wideman will be an incredible talent to watch wherever he lands.

VN Store

Back