'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Kiffin guts our team before Spring practice even started, but I guess he gets a pass.

Nope. He scores low for SEVERAL reasons and doubled down with having Coach O on his staff.

edited to add and puncuated with the DON"T GO TO CLASS message to our early enrollees as he walked out the door carrying all of his USC memorabilia under his arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
You’re overrating knowledge of coaching for a head coach. The amount of actual coaching a head coach does is very low on their list of responsibilities
How many College practices have you been too? So your saying Hype even though he brought his Offence with him let's someone else coach it?

Reactions: butchna
How many College practices have you been too? So your saying Hype even though he brought his Offence with him let's someone else coach it?

I’ve been to a lot of college practices actually. And the question isn’t about Hype. It’s about head coaches in general.

In terms of on the field coaching or running and offense/defense, that’s not why you hire a head coach. There are exceptions. I imagine Mike Leach called his own offense, but that’s an exception, not a rule

Yes and no.

1st Sergeants run companies. A Sergeants First Class run platoons. One of the primary jobs of the 1SG is to teach the SFC how to run a platoon... and occasionally step in to make course corrections.

There seems to be a similar relationship between Heupel and his OC's.

Yes and no.

1st Sergeants run companies. A Sergeants First Class run platoons. One of the primary jobs of the 1SG is to teach the SFC how to run a platoon... and occasionally step in to make course corrections.

Hum....Is Saben a E 9 (
Yes and no.

Would Garner be a Master Sgt or Sgt Major?

Last edited:
Reactions: sjt18
Sanders is just your ordinary celebrity using his fame and status to get what he wants.

We all know there’s many football coaches out there that has more knowledge coaching the game of football than he does.
Do we know that? I see all kinds of bad coaches every Saturday and Sunday.

He wears a cowboy hat and drives a big truck to attempt to create an image in front of the camera. Tells the team no hoodies but he and his son can wear them.

He’s trying way to hard and it comes off fake. When the next opportunity comes along he’ll leave them high and dry too.
So just like any other coach would do, right?

Some of you people... I swear.

So just like any other coach would do, right?

Some of you people... I swear.
How dare a coach leverage his success for a better opportunity?! lol

I have no clue if Sanders will be successful, but neither does anyone else so idk why there’s so many stagnant conversations about it, even if it is the offseason.

I do know he has an uphill battle since it will take a miracle to get Colorado remotely close to a bowl game this year. Will at least be interesting to watch play out

I’ve been to a lot of college practices actually. And the question isn’t about Hype. It’s about head coaches in general.

In terms of on the field coaching or running and offense/defense, that’s not why you hire a head coach. There are exceptions. I imagine Mike Leach called his own offense, but that’s an exception, not a rule

Heupel is one of the exceptions you just mentioned. Just like Lincoln Riley and Jeff Brohm.

Reactions: Vol8188
Nope. He scores low for SEVERAL reasons and doubled down with having Coach O on his staff.

edited to add and puncuated with the DON"T GO TO CLASS message to our early enrollees as he walked out the door carrying all of his USC memorabilia under his arm.
Butch, Dooley, Pruitt, etc don’t care all are inept. That said if I get a free pass on throat punching anyone it would be Kiffin. Probably the best coach of the group but also the biggest POS by a mile.

Sounds like you’re accusing him of the crime of being a head coach. His job isn’t to know the best passing concepts against press coverage. His job is to hire the guy who does and be the face of the program.

He seems to be excelling at that.
So based on your analysis, Heupel doesn’t need to know passing concepts against press coverage. Interesting take.

So based on your analysis, Heupel doesn’t need to know passing concepts against press coverage. Interesting take.

Depends on the coach. Some are very hands on. Some are not.

But no, a head football coach doesn’t have to be an x and o guru to be successful.

VN Store

Back