Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of, got some good pics of the Elk they released in the Smokies recently. I’ve only seen them on the N.C. side outside of Cherokee, did they release some in Cades Cove?

Cannot wait until they start selling tags. A elk hunt has been a dream for me for a long time, but going out West is just not an option right now. Looking forward to the opportunity.

Reactions: NashVolDavis
Cannot wait until they start selling tags. A elk hunt has been a dream for me for a long time, but going out West is just not an option right now. Looking forward to the opportunity.
Ever tried Elk meat? I haven’t but they say it’s very good for you and tastes good. I’d give it a try.

You're gonna have to wait a long time then. Still not enough elk to permit hunting

Come to Kentucky. We have a ton of them. Most people find them to be a nuisance.

Speaking of, got some good pics of the Elk they released in the Smokies recently. I’ve only seen them on the N.C. side outside of Cherokee, did they release some in Cades Cove?

I think so . Last Monday I went from Atlanta to Gatlinburg via the Parkway. I saw a set of 3-4 outside of Cherokee (they had traffic stopped for a 1/2 mile in both directions.)Saw another group about 45 minutes later and I think we were in TN by that point.

Ever tried Elk meat? I haven’t but they say it’s very good for you and tastes good. I’d give it a try.
Just did out west. Kinda sweet and earthy compared to beef. A bit stringy, but plenty of flavor. Piece I had didnt have much fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back