Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, I've got an opportunity to buy a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. Problem is, it has 260,000 miles on it. However, it belongs to my wife's uncle, a good man, who did the regular maintenance and took care of it. Also, he had a new transmission put in at 200k miles. What do y'all think, should I be concerned about the mileage?

Alright guys, I've got an opportunity to buy a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. Problem is, it has 260,000 miles on it. However, it belongs to my wife's uncle, a good man, who did the regular maintenance and took care of it. Also, he had a new transmission put in at 200k miles. What do y'all think, should I be concerned about the mileage?
How much for it?

YESSSS unless it is a hand-me-down

Im thinking of giving away my 2001 avalon 130k miles. At some point id rather give away and do a good deed than sell for a measly 3-4k. Ask him if he will donate for a write-off!

Also, what are you going to be using it primarily for? Traveling a lot, or just as a 2nd vehicle and to carry loads?
He wants 6k for it. It’ll be the vehicle I pull my boat with 2-3 times a month. Other than that, it’ll be the daily driver to work and back

Reactions: volatil
YESSSS unless it is a hand-me-down

Im thinking of giving away my 2001 avalon 130k miles. At some point id rather give away and do a good deed than sell for a measly 3-4k. Ask him if he will donate for a write-off!
I’ve heard Tacoma’s last a long time. So idk

He wants 6k for it. It’ll be the vehicle I pull my boat with 2-3 times a month. Other than that, it’ll be the daily driver to work and back
I don’t know, man. $6k is a lot for a Tacoma with 260k. Plus, sounds like you will be putting some decent miles on it, using it as your primary vehicle as well as pulling your boat. Personally, I would want something with lower miles. I would try to find a Tacoma or Tundra with @ 100-125k miles, if the price bracket those would fall in is affordable for you.

I don’t know, man. $6k is a lot for a Tacoma with 260k. Plus, sounds like you will be putting some decent miles on it, using it as your primary vehicle as well as pulling your boat. Personally, I would want something with lower miles. I would try to find a Tacoma or Tundra with @ 100-125k miles, if the price bracket those would fall in is affordable for you.
I would prefer to. But man, trucks are expensive

We have 100 acre lake in my neighborhood with HOA restrictions for no gas motors. Lake is full of huge bass. Jr and I caught several 5 lb + bass last fall. I was already leaning towards the decking. We had a tiny Jon boat last year with no decking. I tend to set the hell out of a hook 😂. Almost tipped us over a few times.

Appreciate confirming
I say get you a Mercury 225 and tell the HOA to kiss your ass.

Reactions: Rishvol and volatil
The mayor of Johnson City trying to re name the Tri-Cities area is really pissing me off

Johnson City press has a story on it. Something like $48,000 will.be spent on trying to get a name
Just read the story. That’s ridiculous, I meet people from all over the world and when I’m ask where I’m from I say the Tri Cities. Those people know where I am talking about.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back