Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The organization I work for is deciding what is best for me. If it were up to me I would decide that we made a whole lot more.
You don’t have the freedom to go to another company and make more money? Your company is paying everyone equally? You can’t even make money else where?(except for extremely rare cases)

Reactions: appyvol
You don’t have the freedom to go to another company and make more money? Your company is paying everyone equally? You can’t even make money else where?(except for extremely rare cases)
No. If I went to another company I would have to go to another county which would cancel out the pay increase. Yes, everyone doing the same job as me is paid equally. No, not everyone in the company makes the same. Yes, I could make money elsewhere but would have to do something else. So my individual rights to choose are limited by what other organizations offer to me. Just like a football player that wants to play football is limited by whether he wants to take what the organization (NCAA and college) offer him....because the government of those two institutions without the absolute freedom of the individual player keeps anarchy, chaos, disorder, mayhem, etc. from happening.

Reactions: butchna
No. If I went to another company I would have to go to another county which would cancel out the pay increase. Yes, everyone doing the same job as me is paid equally. No, not everyone in the company makes the same. Yes, I could make money elsewhere but would have to do something else. So my individual rights to choose are limited by what other organizations offer to me. Just like a football player that wants to play football is limited by whether he wants to take what the organization (NCAA and college) offer him....because the government of those two institutions without the absolute freedom of the individual player keeps anarchy, chaos, disorder, mayhem, etc. from happening.
so you can go to another company? So everyone isn’t paid equally?

someone is not controlling and deciding what’s best for you. Obviously there’s rules, I’ve never said there shouldn’t be in CFB. There’s a difference between more freedom and complete anarchy

so you can go to another company? So everyone isn’t paid equally?

someone is not controlling and deciding what’s best for you. Obviously there’s rules, I’ve never said there shouldn’t be in CFB. There’s a difference between more freedom and complete anarchy
Everyone that does the same job as me is paid the same. Just like the football players are paid the same scholarship. Someone is deciding what is best for the company just like someone is deciding what is best for college football. I can decide to join the company just like football players can decide to join a college team. You did say that organizations and society should not make decisions for an individual. That is what started this whole anarchy discussion.

Everyone that does the same job as me is paid the same. Just like the football players are paid the same scholarship. Someone is deciding what is best for the company just like someone is deciding what is best for college football. I can decide to join the company just like football players can decide to join a college team. You did say that organizations and society should not make decisions for an individual. That is what started this whole anarchy discussion.
Not every CFB player does the same job... yet they’re all compensated the same lol
Correct deciding what’s best for the company not the individual
I didn’t say players are forced into joining a team, I said they should have more freedoms when they’re there.

I didn’t. There’s always outliers. I’m not against it myself fwiw.

I am pretty sure Mary Jane can cure asthma too... Come on people, we are smarter than this, and we have been here before...
cigarette-adscamelsstanford.jpg
49e5d9122d93e3e848f345586f357b8c--asthma-symptoms-lungs.jpg

Cigarette smoking causes about one of every five deaths in the United States each year.1,6 Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:1

• More than 480,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
  • 278,544 deaths annually among men (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
  • 201,773 deaths annually among women (including deaths from secondhand smoke)

Last edited:
Reactions: T Dog and Rishvol
I am pretty sure Mary Jane can cure asthma too... Come on people, we are smarter than this, and we have been here before...
Cigarette smoking causes about one of every five deaths in the United States each year.1,6 Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:1

RTFA... "Overall, the proposal would give Tennesseans with one of more than a dozen conditions — ranging from cancer and opioid addiction to epilepsy — the ability to consume marijuana. "

They're using marijuana instead of opiates for pain management and to relieve conditions that haven't responded to other medication. Would you just prefer that those folks suffer or that they become addicted to pills? If so, continue pitching this false equivalency.

It is free market. The player has the choice NOT to go to college. No one is forcing him to play football at a college. The only thing that is not free market is the rule that you have to be three years removed from high school to go to the NFL but you can thank the NFL for that.

Also you mention coaches can leave anytime they want, well they're penalized most of the times when they do, via a buyout.

Choices - they are all based on the existing limits and opportunities of the options we are choosing between. Those players have free choice - they make their choices based on the limits and opportunities of the choices.

I wish I could play football and had the skills and experience that would give me the opportunity to play football and make those choices. Instead, my choices are determined by the skills and experiences I have and the existing limits of the options and opportunities I get to chose between.

Hmmm - let me know if that made sense to anyone, anyone at all...

Modern medical uses does not mean you smoke marijuana. There are legitimate medical benefits from marijuana, seizures and Parkinson's are two of the things I've seen that are amazing. Smoking is definitely not good for you or others around you.

RTFA... "Overall, the proposal would give Tennesseans with one of more than a dozen conditions — ranging from cancer and opioid addiction to epilepsy — the ability to consume marijuana. "

They're using marijuana instead of opiates for pain management and to relieve conditions that haven't responded to other medication. Would you just prefer that those folks suffer or that they become addicted to pills? If so, continue pitching this false equivalency.

Most people who are addicted to pills are also marijuana users. It is not an either/or situation. They go together.

You can believe the hype or not, but it follows the same pattern as cigarettes, opioids of the '90's (non-addictive), alcohol (wine for your heart), etc. Follow the money, and you will see why marijuana supposedly is good for anything that ails you. It's just proper marketing strategy.

If marijuana helps children with seizures, other people with pain, I am all for it in their case, but the FDA is approving medications that will eventually take care of this issue, without "legalization" being necessary. That is, assuming that the science really stands up to scrutiny, which I doubt that most of it will.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

And smoking MJ does not give you lung cancer. It truly is the miracle plant. I use it for pain relief, depression, anxiety, bowel movements, sleep. And I can cut out lots of pills that have harmful side effects like hydrocodone, prozac, xanax, sleep pills, ect. Makes me a lil Hangry, but that's it. I w ok jld know after almost 30 years of use of it had some other side effect.

Most people who are addicted to pills are also marijuana users. It is not an either/or situation. They go together.

You can believe the hype or not, but it follows the same pattern as cigarettes, opioids of the '90's (non-addictive), alcohol (wine for your heart), etc. Follow the money, and you will see why marijuana supposedly is good for anything that ails you. It's just proper marketing strategy.

If marijuana helps children with seizures, other people with pain, I am all for it in their case, but the FDA is approving medications that will eventually take care yof this issue, without "legalization" being necessary. That is, assuming that the science really stands up to scrutiny, which I doubt that most of it will.
Omg gramps seriously?

And smoking MJ does not give you lung cancer. It truly is the miracle plant. I use it for pain relief, depression, anxiety, bowel movements, sleep. And I can cut out lots of pills that have harmful side effects like hydrocodone, prozac, xanax, sleep pills, ect. Makes me a lil Hangry, but that's it. I w ok jld know after almost 30 years of use of it had some other side effect.

See how stoned you are? 😜 there’s your side effect.

If marijuana helps children with seizures, other people with pain, I am all for it in their case, but the FDA is approving medications that will eventually take care of this issue, without "legalization" being necessary. That is, assuming that the science really stands up to scrutiny, which I doubt that most of it will.
Most things the FDA has approved will kill you or horrible side effects. Dont really trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back