Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am actually shocked how many anti freedom anti-free market posters are on here. Isn’t Tennessee a red state?
It is free market. The player has the choice NOT to go to college. No one is forcing him to play football at a college. The only thing that is not free market is the rule that you have to be three years removed from high school to go to the NFL but you can thank the NFL for that.

Also you mention coaches can leave anytime they want, well they're penalized most of the times when they do, via a buyout.

Last edited:
Thanks to AV for the visit this AM as the bearer of potentially great news. If CJG is coming home, and I pray he is, he reunites with Jim Chaney (2012) as well as Phil. What else can be said except to remind Botch that this is what the "best staff in America" really looks like.

No... the individual is deciding what’s best for the individual.... society or an org should not be the one deciding

Really? The individual can decide if he wants to follow the rules, and the individual can do something else. I guess an organization shouldn’t tell someone how much education and/or the license they need to work a certain job.

Top of the morning to y’all. Looking for a great day of UT basketball. May have some gator gumbo to celebrate tonight.

JG coming been in the works a while. That is who swain had been mentioning a while back. You are seeing the future of this program change in front of your eyes. Take it all in and enjoy it...its a nice change from what has been the norm.

Lol @ Cam Akers

No... the individual is deciding what’s best for the individual.... society or an org should not be the one deciding
So if the individual decided he wants nookie to enhance his athletic prowess then he should be allowed to get said nookie no matter what because he believes it will enhance his chances of playing better?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I count 90 guys right now on our roster to-be for this year including the transfers, blue shirts, and a spot for the time being for Trey. The green markers on the left are Pruitt's guys. The orange shades are the EE's and the yellow shades are I guess the blue shirts. On the right the green highlights are high school 5 stars and the blue shades are 4 stars. Right now we're slated to have 39 blue chippers this fall but obviously at some point we're going to have to trim another 4 or 5 guys to get down to the 85 limit, assuming my numbers are correct.

ScreenHunter 12.png
ScreenHunter 13.png

Last edited:
That's going to be tested soon, as it appears the XFL is going to have open eligibility.

If players feel like the value of the scholarship, exposure, and training in college is less than what they're worth, they'll have the opportunity to go elsewhere and see what they can get.

It's going to be interesting for recruiting, at the very least.

Yes.

Revenue is a major part is how much money they’re worth....

No. First of all, this isn’t about “how much they’re worth” — it isn’t a labor market. Second, even if it was a labor market, labor is labor — revenue of the enterprise doesn’t dictate how much the rank and file labor is worth.

I think a minor league for football will shut this stupidity up. Some kids will do that and make some money, and almost nobody will watch it.

I don't follow UT because of any player, I follow them because I am a Tennessean.

Yes. Bottom line is all of the money in college football is tied to the schools’ brands. It’s tribal identification on steroids. You need somebody to strap the pads on on Saturdays, but it doesn’t much matter who. If all the best high school players went to XFL, college football would still be a billion times bigger than XFL... and that’s how you know these players aren’t really worth that much.

I count 90 guys right now on our roster to-be for this year including the transfers, blue chips, an a spot for the time being for Trey. The green markers on the left are Pruitt's guys. The orange shades are the EE's and the yellow shades are I guess the blue shirts. On the right the green highlights are high school 5 stars and the blue shades are 4 stars. Right now we're slated to have 39 blue chippers this fall but obviously at some point we're going to have to trim another 4 or 5 guys to get down to the 85 limit, assuming my numbers are correct.

View attachment 193597
View attachment 193598

It's spreadsheet season, boys and girls.

giphy.gif

What do you all think about Eli wolf transferring to Georgia 👀

I hope he has a great year there.

Drops the game winning touchdown pass against Tennessee as time expires. Camera catches what looks like him flashing the VOLS hand gesture. Post- game interview he denies it with a smirk-smile...

Jay Graham is at TX AM right now. Jimbo took him with him from FSU. Still would be nice to get Cam Akers

What quickly jumps out to me is Juann Jennings. Just shows what an attitude can do with skill. He has outperformed many that are ranked higher than him.

I count 90 guys right now on our roster to-be for this year including the transfers, blue shirts, and a spot for the time being for Trey. The green markers on the left are Pruitt's guys. The orange shades are the EE's and the yellow shades are I guess the blue shirts. On the right the green highlights are high school 5 stars and the blue shades are 4 stars. Right now we're slated to have 39 blue chippers this fall but obviously at some point we're going to have to trim another 4 or 5 guys to get down to the 85 limit, assuming my numbers are correct.

View attachment 193597
View attachment 193598

Top of the morning to y’all. Looking for a great day of UT basketball. May have some gator gumbo to celebrate tonight.

JG coming been in the works a while. That is who swain had been mentioning a while back. You are seeing the future of this program change in front of your eyes. Take it all in and enjoy it...its a nice change from what has been the norm.
Great news AV, you make the future look Brighter for a Vol Fan living in Athens, Ga,!!!

What quickly jumps out to me is Juann Jennings. Just shows what an attitude can do with skill. He has outperformed many that are ranked higher than him.

Technically speaking his rating was as a dual threat quarterback in the composite. I agree if all the guys played with his fight we'd be measurably better as a team from a W-L perspective.

Guys, sorry for the long post but also, not sorry.

So I was sitting in a chair facing my wife, catching up on the RF. Started explaining to her about Ansley. I recanted vfinpa's post about what has transpired since the off-season began.
I explained in detail that despite the ranking, what our star avg. per player actually meant.
I went over what landing To'oto'o and Wright etc:; really meant after 4-8 and 5-7.
I moved on to BasketVols, then to @matts42012 posts. On still to what @Atlanta VOL has said and about Jay Graham.. Then to Hubbs and the "All In" article.

As I was explaining that Fulmer's "time to go" wasn't the issue for me but how it was done and the disrespectful way that people like asst AD Curry had conspired.
BUT now it just felt as if everything was full circle, a curse broken. That regardless of Fulmer's coaching end, almost no one questioned his love for TN, his desire to have fb at a place of glory and understanding of what it takes.
Then as I was full blown into my explanation of how Pruitt seemed to be showing his intolerance for anything short of greatness, my wife interrupts me.

"Are you okay?" I hear. I understood instantly.
Apparently somewhere in my *discussion, l was no longer comfortably seated in my favorite chair.
Not now. Instead, I'm in a full on pace about the room
The calm voice that I had started with, replaced with a higher, louder version of.
My hand slightly vibrating and a crack in my voice directly related to the small lump in my throat. The lump that had developed somewhere between the power moves, the unbelievable talent grabs and the statement hires being made.

I was determined to be in wait and see mode but the excitement just keeps building and I can't seem to fight it.
I no longer even want to. It just feels different.

Guys, sorry for the long post but also, not sorry.

So I was sitting in a chair facing my wife, catching up on the RF. Started explaining to her about Ansley. I recanted vfinpa's post about what has transpired since the off-season began.
I explained in detail that despite the ranking, what our star avg. per player actually meant.
I went over what landing To'oto'o and Wright etc:; really meant after 4-8 and 5-7.
I moved on to BasketVols, then to @matts42012 posts. On still to what @Atlanta VOL has said and about Jay Graham.. Then to Hubbs and the "All In" article.

As I was explaining that Fulmer's "time to go" wasn't the issue for me but how it was done and the disrespectful way that people like asst AD Curry had conspired.
BUT now it just felt as if everything was full circle, a curse broken. That regardless of Fulmer's coaching end, almost no one questioned his love for TN, his desire to have fb at a place of glory and understanding of what it takes.
Then as I was full blown into my explanation of how Pruitt seemed to be showing his intolerance for anything short of greatness, my wife interrupts me.

"Are you okay?" I hear. I understood instantly.
Apparently somewhere in my *discussion, l was no longer comfortably seated in my favorite chair.
Not now. Instead, I'm in a full on pace about the room
The calm voice that I had started with, replaced with a higher, louder version of.
My hand slightly vibrating and a crack in my voice directly related to the small lump in my throat. The lump that had developed somewhere between the power moves, the unbelievable talent grabs and the statement hires being made.

I was determined to be in wait and see mode but the excitement just keeps building and I can't seem to fight it.
I no longer even want to. It just feels different.

Your wife is a saint. Get her something really nice for Valentines Day - she deserves it. I would have lost every girl I have ever known at Ansley.

Your wife is a saint. Get her something really nice for Valentines Day - she deserves it. I would have lost every girl I have ever known at Ansley.
Haha, true.
She's a full blown fan at this point and knew from the beginning, there was no other way, it was always a package deal.
Refusing to leave the car dealership parking lot on a cold, rainy February day until the Power T plate was properly installed? During the 1st year of the relationship? Yeah, I'm that guy 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back