Knoxville Restaurants

I'd actually pay to people watch Shoney's on Mother's Day. Front row seats to the inevitable, morbidly obese end of Western civilization (and their children) as we know it.

Reactions: 2 people
Chicken Salad Chick has been open for a couple of weeks now. It's fantastic. The one issue I have with the Knoxville location is the location itself. The parking lot is small and it's only entrance/exit possibilities are on Kingston Pike about 200 yards from a busy intersection. It really needs access to Ray Mears Blvd.

Reactions: 1 person
Might be the first year I skip the wing festival. Way too hot last couple of years, down to just 25 free wings, most were garbage last year. Probably wouldn't eat 25 but it's the principality of the situation. But, Sam Bush is playing...

I do recommend their restaurant out west. They do sauce flights for their wings.

Last edited:
I realize this is a Knox thread, but just in case someone is willing to drive to Nashville for a weekday all you can eat breakfast Monells in Germantown will do you right.

Chicken Salad Chick has been open for a couple of weeks now. It's fantastic. The one issue I have with the Knoxville location is the location itself. The parking lot is small and it's only entrance/exit possibilities are on Kingston Pike about 200 yards from a busy intersection. It really needs access to Ray Mears Blvd.

So is it all just chicken salad varieties or what?

Might be the first year I skip the wing festival. Way too hot last couple of years, down to just 25 free wings, most were garbage last year. Probably wouldn't eat 25 but it's the principality of the situation. But, Sam Bush is playing...

I do recommend their restaurant out west. They do sauce flights for their wings.

Humm, maybe we could meet up there sometime

I quit going after the first two, for a lot of the reasons you mention. I’d rather go to BrewFest.

Where do you guys like to eat on Father's day? Asking for a friend.

My father's backyard. We smoke a Boston Butt for two days before and skewer veggies in the grill. We wash it down with a bottle of Lagavulin and have done so for 4 years running.

Lonesome Dove is great, too. Father's day can be nice and slow at restaurants since dudes are typically low maintenance about those sorts of affairs.

Primarily chicken salad. They do have sliced turkey, but I think that's it. Their grape salad and broccoli salad side dishes are excellent and the cookies are slap-yo-momma good.

Primarily chicken salad. They do have sliced turkey, but I think that's it. Their grape salad and broccoli salad side dishes are excellent and the cookies are slap-yo-momma good.

If I can navigate the traffic I’ll stop by sometime

Laughed.

Hey, Crusse10. You tend bar in Old City?

Nope, out near Cedar Bluff. But I'm down to about 1 shift a week. Manage the rest of my shifts, generally.

Got it for the first time today. They have a plethora of chicken salad varieties as well as (apparently) great pimento cheese. for $8 you can get a chicken salad sandwich or pimento cheese sandwich of your choosing, plus a scoop of another (or a side or cup of soup). For $2 extra you can add another scoop/side/soup as well as $2 more for a drink. My buddy and I both went for the whole shebang and it was a great value for a very filling order. That combo also comes with crackers, a good pickle spear, and a tiny buttercream frosting cookie that was delicious.

VN Store

Back