Knoxville Restaurants

Worth the trip. Very eclectic menu and cool little space by the river just below the dam.

Yes, I should clarify. I went out there, to eat, but didn’t check their hours and they were closed. I should have said I haven’t eaten there yet.

The guy downstairs was pouring beers though, so all was not lost.

Drove through Knoxville yesterday morning, and had me some Chandler's.

I firmly believe it is still the best food in Knoxville (when the man himself is there) and would argue for it to be top 10 in TN.

Last two times I ate there it was awful (2015). Swore I will never go back. Overpriced and no flavor.

After 45 years in business, the Shoney's on Walker Springs will close it's doors for the final time Monday.

I didn't go there often but when I did it was for the all you can eat breakfast buffet for under $10. A breakfast buffet is an endangered species.

For the record, not everyone loves Jackie's Dream. I don't like waiting an hour after I order for mediocre food. And I think their menu needs work, too.

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody know if the Clinch River Brewing restaurant/pub is open yet off Market Square? The one in Norris is outstanding.

Wow! In the old Aquatics Lab. I often wondered what would become of that place.

Thanks to your post, the wife and I will be making a visit.

Anyone that's been to Lonesome Dove what are the best drinks and dishes to get there? Desserts?

Anyone that's been to Lonesome Dove what are the best drinks and dishes to get there? Desserts?

I had a Mezcal Negroni and it was great. It used to be one of their features drinks. You have to try the elk sliders and lobster hush puppies. Those are unreal. Those stood out more than anything else.

For the record, not everyone loves Jackie's Dream. I don't like waiting an hour after I order for mediocre food. And I think their menu needs work, too.

I can’t agree that it’s mediocre, especially the hot chicken, but I can certainly agree that they are slow as hell.

What's wrong with that? You can't spend $50-100 per person every time you go out to eat.

I'd rather eat out of the lonesome dove dumpster than shoney's but just pointing out the discrepancy of DEFENDING a shoney buffet then asking about what's good at the dove.

Sullivan Smoker
Rabbit-Rattlesnake Sausage
Elk or Tenderloin Entree (both are incredible), Buffalo Ribeye
Ancho Chile Chocolate Cake

VN Store

Back