Knoxville Restaurants

I have a awesome Shoney’s memory. I once watched a friend eat 12 biscuits and gravy from the breakfast bar and he washed them down with two large milks. It was an incredible sight.

I also once saw a teenage boy eat a whole box of Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and wash them down with a half gallon of Mayfield chocolate milk. He did it in about 7 to 8 minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a awesome Shoney’s memory. I once watched a friend eat 12 biscuits and gravy from the breakfast bar and he washed them down with two large milks. It was an incredible sight.

I also once saw a teenage boy eat a whole box of Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and wash them down with a half gallon of Mayfield chocolate milk. He did it in about 7 to 8 minutes.

Ha! Stuff like that is about the only thing I miss about high school.

It’s posts like this that keep this thread from going down into the crap hole like the Automobilia thread has.

You go from hypin' up Shoneys breakfast buffet to lonesome dove?

LOLOLOLOLOL

I never "hyped" the Shoney's breakfast buffet I simply said I went there and ate that, I never said it was gourmet. There are not a lot of restaurants out there offering a breakfast buffet when you're in the mood so I'm not so proud that I won't go in.

As far as comfort food goes, you just can’t beat the lunch house. Can’t turn down the steak and gravy. Not a better deal for 8 bucks with two sides

I never "hyped" the Shoney's breakfast buffet I simply said I went there and ate that, I never said it was gourmet. There are not a lot of restaurants out there offering a breakfast buffet when you're in the mood so I'm not so proud that I won't go in.

What mood would that be?

I don't understand hating on someone for enjoying a breakfast buffet. When I stay at a hotel that has a buffet instead of just a Continental breakfast, I look at it as where I make my money back

Man, my family and I used to frequent Shoneys all of the time as a kid. Seems like every other Sunday after church. However, I wouldn’t eat there now if you paid me. The food quality is crap

Some of you will need to avert your eyes, but Chubby's Deli on Newport Hwy outside of Sevierville has insanely good food for a gas station deli.

Look them up.

I don't understand hating on someone for enjoying a breakfast buffet. When I stay at a hotel that has a buffet instead of just a Continental breakfast, I look at it as where I make my money back

That's more of a captive audience. Would you pay to go to a Holiday Inn Express breakfast buffet?

The Omni in ATL had a great breakfast buffet when we went to the opening game last fall. I don't know the usual cost, but I got our party comped when they had our rooms delayed and check in so screwed up.

You guys are talking about hotel breakfast buffets. You only get those if you stay there. Recommend a breakfast buffet place to go in Knoxville where you don't need to rent a room.

I've heard Lakeside Tavern is good but it's only on Sundays I believe.

Gold Club in ATL used to roll out a wamlet station for the people who closed it down. And yeah, the ladies did an encore after breakfast was served. There's something special about sharing omelets and waffles with your mates at 3-something in the morning while a beautiful lady is doing her thing on your tabletop.

You guys are talking about hotel breakfast buffets. You only get those if you stay there. Recommend a breakfast buffet place to go in Knoxville where you don't need to rent a room.

I've heard Lakeside Tavern is good but it's only on Sundays I believe.

Most are Sunday’s around here but I think Crown Plaza might have a sat/sun and Copper Cellar West for Sunday.

VN Store

Back