Statement from Butch Jones

The sad part is that he is having to do that and publish statements like this.

I agree. It seems like Butch has been fighting dumb rumors & alligations ever since hes been in Knoxville. Im just hoping like everyone else, that this stuff gets put to bed, so we can roll into the season with the most talent and depth weve had in years. This is the first time in a long time, that Im really stoked and confident going into the season. I cant wait to see how our D looks like under coach Shoupe. This group of Vols has the chance to get our program back to where it use to be. This is our season! Go Vols!

I knew that didn't sound like CBJ. At most he said the team feels you betrayed them. Explaining why they were mad at him.

I would sue for defamation/slander.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not paying any attention to any of this BS! It does suck being under the negative spotlight but that's what you'll have as we rise back to the top. I think people are jealous that we've rebuilt this thing the Right way. Just ready for September to get here. Go Butch, Go VOLS!!!! VFL baby no matter what...

GBO!!!

butch is tired of all this media criticism! he may cut off access for these news organizations if they don't lay off!

There's no way ESPN can stand against the alleged tape victims. If they did they would become part of the law suit due to cultivating a culture of indifference towards alleged victims, but the law suit would only say victims. I prefer accuser vs accused.

Just another ploy by the legal team wanting to pressure UT into settling rather than going to court and getting their feelings hurt by a no guilty or even a "get out of hear" by a judge

They don't have to stand against the alleged victims, they could just stick to an unbiased statement of facts of the case. The fact that they and other media outlets do not shows the depth of tabloid journalism our news sources have sunk to in order to draw viewers/readers. It's sad. The media has painted UT guilty without the benefit of a trial.

Hasn't VN established in the lawsuit thread that publicly denying a accusation means you are guilty of said accusation?

Did you not read the first sentence?

Won't matter to some. The push is on to fire, hang, imprison,etc based on accusations and he said/she said. Not a single charge has been proven in a court of law by EVIDENCE. People can say anything, people can lie under oath, but I hope we've not completely gone over this PC/title IX ledge and lost sight of an individual's right to have his or her day in court and to be judged based on factual evidence. Heaven help us if we can now be tried and convicted based on someone's word without witnesses and corroboration. The idea that these plaintiffs may have some sort of agenda against UT and its leadership can't even be considered. Must be UTs war on women. They don't empower and protect enough. They don't have enough group meetings with men athletes and students telling them not to beat or rape women. Please. Title IX is an abomination. It's turned into a damned weapon and should be eliminated. Just ridiculous what it's doing in the name of gender equality. If crimes were committed, let the law handle it. Title IX is just a way for disgruntled folks and lawyers to line their respective pockets.

Reactions: 13 people
Well Chris Low just posted this on Twitter.

So Bowles has given at least two signed statements stating that Jones did nothing improper, but now conveniently he claims he was mistreated. Bowles needs to grow a pair if he is allowing this she-devil to lead him around by the nose.

How did VP accuser get added to the lawsuit? Pearson was suspended from EVERYTHING! The DA chose not to charge him, and HE was still suspended even longer while the school did their due diligence. And Alexis Johnson accuser? He is suspended. What do these women want? A public execution based on an accusation? Someone needs to tell the original complainants that when you have to lie to bolster your case, you have no case.

Reactions: 5 people
So Bowles has given at least two signed statements stating that Jones did nothing improper, but now conveniently he claims he was mistreated. Bowles needs to grow a pair if he is allowing this she-devil to lead him around by the nose.

How did VP accuser get added to the lawsuit? Pearson was suspended from EVERYTHING! The DA chose not to charge him, and HE was still suspended even longer while the school did their due diligence. And Alexis Johnson accuser? He is suspended. What do these women want? A public execution based on an accusation? Someone needs to tell the original complainants that when you have to lie to bolster your case, you have no case.

Well, it sounds like Alexis was set up. This lawsuit was clearly planned to be released during the off season when it would get the most traction in the media. It wouldn't surprise me if this Jane Doe involved with Alexis wasn't a plant. These people obviously have no moral standards and would probably do anything to jump at a payday. If Alexis had harmed her the way it was initially described, then she wouldn't refuse to cooperate with the police and then drag his name through the mud to try and get rich.

Reactions: 3 people

I think it's obvious what they want. Dollars.

And thats why he will never be called to the stand. Their putting all this out there now trying to force UT to settle out of court. If Bowles takes the stand he leaves in handcuffs.

*THIS*

They are betting UT settles. They will maximize the pressure, whether it's true or not, until they have UT in uncle.

One thing nobody has brought up is what if Johnson and Williams are not found guilty and their friends knew (or at least strongly believed) that? How does that change the case?

I hope Butch is telling the truth also, but honestly what else is he supposed to say?
<blue font> Luv this impartial position. If CBJ remains silent or has an attorney isue a statement for him, he is hiding something. If he goes on the record in public, "what else is he supposed to say?" basically calling him a liar. Way to be impartial and open minded ...NOT!!!!

To believe this about Butch, you have to believe that he truly feels that:

"This team has a right to sexually assault anyone at anytime, and you have betrayed the team by telling on them!"

I'm sorry, but if you believe that, you are an Azz Hat! :neener2:

Reactions: 9 people
Bravo Butch for the professional response. VolNation will show their character by standing up behind Butch in his support. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around, the media SUCKS!

I love this statement by Butch Jones. It is unambiguous with zero dissembling. Says Bowles own words under oath will vindicate him.

Strong.

Dave "sit on my hands" Hart better start leading from the front. If this is truly a push to settle, he needs to be the first voice looking for facts and preparing for a fight. The University is taking a beating! Time to either clean house (if needed) or take off the glasses and come out swinging against these allegations!

Did Butch just copy and paste this denial from his previous Crowder denial? Reads like it.

The guy seems to have some issues. If he doesn't start winning ships, quick, he needs to be gone!

More from Chris Low on UT internal investigation into claims Drae Bowles was assaulted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

VN Store

Back