Statement from Butch Jones

One statement was made under oath. When Butch is ready to do that, I will be onboard.

Actually two statements were made under oath. Drae Bowles testified under oath to the Grand Jury and also to the statement being used for the amended lawsuit. Each sworn statement is a direct contradiction of the other. So the only fact we know is that Drae Bowles is a liar.

Reactions: 37 people
Regardless of the outcome this is a huge setback. Depending on the length of time that this thing drags out it could obliterate our next recruiting class. Not to mention the distraction it causes for coaches and players. Hoping for a speedy resolution but I doubt it.

This is gonna motivate the team this year. Believe that. They will have many chips on their shoulders and are gonna want to do all they can for coach.

Reactions: 21 people
Bowles said Butch called him a traitor. Nothing in Butch's statement addresses this accusation.

Man this all just sucks, I so hate this for my/our university /team has to deal with this continuing....just waiting for it to pass by and it keeps going...man oh man....can we get to football already

Btw hope and believe in coach jones....gbo

One statement was made under oath. When Butch is ready to do that, I will be onboard.

Did you read what Butch Jones even said? He said that Drae Bowles OWN WORDS will vindicate him. He was referring to Drae Bowles grand jury testimony (under oath) where he stated that he was not aware of a sexual assault and made no mention of these 'traitor' comments.

Either Drae Bowles was lying under oath then or he is lying under oath now. His testimony would never fly on this matter in court.

Reactions: 10 people
Regardless of the outcome this is a huge setback. Depending on the length of time that this thing drags out it could obliterate our next recruiting class. Not to mention the distraction it causes for coaches and players. Hoping for a speedy resolution but I doubt it.

September is a long way off. SECE championship or perhaps a win in Atlanta will go a long way towards recruiting. It's been mentioned before - FSU did OK after weathering the storm.

Did you read what Butch Jones even said? He said that Drae Bowles OWN WORDS will vindicate him. He was referring to Drae Bowles grand jury testimony (under oath) where he stated that he was not aware of a sexual assault and made no mention of these 'traitor' comments.

Either Drae Bowles was lying under oath then or he is lying under oath now. His testimony would never fly on this matter in court.

And thats why he will never be called to the stand. Their putting all this out there now trying to force UT to settle out of court. If Bowles takes the stand he leaves in handcuffs.

Reactions: 6 people

What did Bowles say during the grand jury testimony?

Man this whole thing is a bunch of ****ing bull****. how can ESPN not see its a money ploy? no one. not one person has ever been convicted of any crime. NOT ONE!

I'm going to hedge my bets on our coach that has recruited great talent, improved the record year to year, advanced the academic standing, and emphasized community service. I have no reason to doubt the integrity of CBJ, and this story is sounding more and more suspect.

Reactions: 14 people
What did Bowles say during the grand jury testimony?

Per several reports, he simply says that he gave Jane Doe IV a ride home in his car on the night in question and that she never mentioned having been sexually assaulted on the way and he says that he was never assaulted. He also makes no mention of having been called a traitor by Butch Jones (although that wouldn't have been relevant to his testimony in the Johnson and Williams case).

Just Google 'Drae Bowles 2015 grand jury testimony'. Sorry, I can't post a link from this phone but there are several articles from Feb 2015 which address it including one from the Times Free Press in Chattanooga.

Reactions: 1 person
Man this whole thing is a bunch of ****ing bull****. how can ESPN not see its a money ploy? no one. not one person has ever been convicted of any crime. NOT ONE!

There's no way ESPN can stand against the alleged tape victims. If they did they would become part of the law suit due to cultivating a culture of indifference towards alleged victims, but the law suit would only say victims. I prefer accuser vs accused.

Just another ploy by the legal team wanting to pressure UT into settling rather than going to court and getting their feelings hurt by a no guilty or even a "get out of hear" by a judge

VN Store

Back