Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python
Rawhide - The Blues Brothers
Baba O'Riley (aka Teenage Wasteland) - The Who
Honky Tonk Women - The Stones
Don't Stand so Close to Me - The Police
Peter Gunn theme song - Henry Mancini
Volunteers of America - Jefferson Airplane
Cotton Eye Joe - Various Artists
Volunteers by Jefferson Airplane is an interesting suggestion imo.

If you recall or watch the videos of the games in the 80s and even 90s (and of course before) I think Down The Field was played more than Rocky Top, which overtook it in the 90s iirc.

Rocky Top is so in the heads of the teams we play and their fans and so iconic that I would never want it supplanted. But Down The Field should always be played, too. But DTF is more a big play song, not a 3rd Quarter song.

I can remember as a kid "playing" down the field with our voices when we were talking about an upcoming game. Da da da da da da... 🎶

DTF forever!

I wouldn’t mind hearing Zeppelin’s Heartbreaker or another bass laden rocker like Deep Purple’s Smoke on the Water. Otherwise The Hey Song by jock jams still get folks fired up.

Hell's Bells - ACDC
Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python
Rawhide - The Blues Brothers
Baba O'Riley (aka Teenage Wasteland) - The Who
Honky Tonk Women - The Stones
Don't Stand so Close to Me - The Police
Peter Gunn theme song - Henry Mancini
Volunteers of America - Jefferson Airplane
Cotton Eye Joe - Various Artists
I’m all for baba o’riley or volunteers! It would have to be something upbeat. As much as I love Chris Stapleton, etc, you’ve gotta get people going

They would want it to be something that is somewhat nationally relevant so it gets a lot of attention for recruiting purposes

If we'd like to use the song for a good 3rd Q impression on recruits, we're going to want to stretch a little. Morgan Wallen has done that.

Recently it’s been “friends in low places”. Gosh, I have no idea why that was chosen but I’m tired of low places. I was there for 15 yrs. We’re not there now. Time for a new song.

I’ll nominate one of 2:

1). The way I talk- Morgan Wallen
2). Back where I come from-Chesney.

I know some here don’t like KC, ok but he’s a Vol fan and better than GB on his worst day. Way I talk has the amazing line “louder when I’m cheering on the Volunteers”. Can we agree on that one?

Too many artists are Vol fans to play a song from a guy from Ok State

7 Nation Army- The White Stripes
Howling for You- The Black Keys
Bullet with Butterfly Wings- The Smashing Pumpkins

None have a sports or UT connection...but all have a solid bottom end sound for stadium play.

VN Store

Back