Replace 3rd Qtr Song?

Dolly's Tennessee Mountain Home is a Classic true story that many of us Older Vols lived too. It's probably too good for a fight song.

It's not over by Starship

As the game is not over at the start of the 3rd Quarter and there is still a fight to be had no matter if your ahead or behind.

I however would never argue against any song by Dolly as she is the Queen of Tennessee.

Last edited:
I agree with Copperhead Road.
2nd choice if we're keeping it somewhat Country is Fast as You.
Some of Special Ed's choices are real good. I'd add Time Has Come Today, Sin City, and Back in Black.

Volnation all about the country of the 70's and 80's.

I vote generational rock, hip hop, or pop. As much as I love "Dixieland Delight," it's pretty exclusive. To be a hype song, it needs to resonate energy, which excludes much of country music. Songs that start slow and build like "Sweet Emotion" or "Enter the Sandman" are good as well as songs that are instantly recognizable like "Jump Around" or "Back in Black." I love MW and "The Way I Talk," but "Up Down, Up Down" might be more appropriate.

My suggestion: "Sad But True." \m/

Reactions: Captainzach1
I was wondering last year why are using "Friends in Low Places" when we've got a proud Tennessean in Morgan Wallen that fits this moment perfectly with his song, The way I talk!

Reactions: wmcovol
Tennessee Jed
Tennessee, Tennessee, There ain't no place I'd rather be
Everyone says it’s too slow, but you only have to play that little riff that tees up the chorus, then the chorus. I had a group of people singing it in Tempe in ‘98 (actually it ‘99 by then) but the rank and file Vol fans at the time seemed confused.

Blanco Brown. The last part of Country Time. “Son of a gun stealin all the fun, In a barn full of corn where the steel mill turn, Limousine full of smoke with the windows down, every days a new day, get your moonshine on, Hillbillies get to rockin and the rockin turned to dancin, at a bonfire full of all paraphernalia, uh huh, dam^ right, uh huh”

VN Store

Back