Replace 3rd Qtr Song?

Family Traditions - Hank Jr.

it's a song most normal people know, and would get the crowd united and ready for the fourth quarter.
it's country but not really, and he has TN ties.

or Walk by Pantera if you just want the juice and no connections.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Maybe too slow and off topic, but Deana Carter's Strawberry Wine is awesome. She's also smoking hot and used to tend bar at Toddy's

Alright We gotta find a new song to sing at the end of the fourth quarter instead of friends in low places. Alabama plays it too and so does Georgia.

The students love singing and swaying to Friends in Low Places. It's now become a standard and why change it?

Reactions: cgrish
Recently it’s been “friends in low places”. Gosh, I have no idea why that was chosen but I’m tired of low places. I was there for 15 yrs. We’re not there now. Time for a new song.

It actually happened organically. 2019 was my daughter's freshman year, and Garth Brooks was coming to Knoxville to play a concert in Neyland Stadium. They played an advertisement for the concert that was 'Friends in Low Places' at the 3rd quarter break during the games that season, and the crowd would sing along and it just stuck. They've played it ever since.

I am not a country music fan, and there might be a more 'Tennessee' choice, but I don't hate it. The crowd seems to have fun with it.

Reactions: CPA
I suggest “Hit em up” by Tupac. Replace any Bad Boy group w/ Bama, Florida , UGA and the team we’re playing that day. That’ll get people going

yea that song has to go, anyone ith "freinds" in those places to get this changed.,,,,really do it before Georgia game. totally depressing

Hard to beat the crowd participation songs like We will Rock you or Thunderstruck, Enter Sandman, Jump around, I know they are done everywhere but man they get the crowd pumped up.

Hard to beat the crowd participation songs like We will Rock you or Thunderstruck, Enter Sandman, Jump around, I know they are done everywhere but man they get the crowd pumped up.
We need something that will pump up our crowd like “I won’t back down” does for Florida fans. I swear Tom Petty deserves 10% of the credit for their win over us this year.

VN Store

Back