• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston is not VY. People fell in love with VY running ability but he couldn't pass with consistent accuracy. He also didn't work hard and study. Winston is a true prostyle pocket passer.

Winston is going to be really good NFL QB as long as he stays out of trouble.

I hate his guts but he is a stud.

If I'm an NFL GM I'd probably choose another position if possible but if I'm desparate for a QB then I'm taking Winston all day over Mariota and dealing with the devil

Reactions: 3 people
Better D-line class: UF 2010 or UT 2015?

In 2010, UF signed:
5* Dominique Easley - DT
5* Sharif Floyd - DT
5* Ronald Powell - DE
4* Leon Orr - DT
4* Neiron Ball - DE
4* Lynden Trail - DE

In 2015, UT will sign:
5* Kahlil McKenzie - DT
5* Kyle Phillips - DE
4* Shy Tuttle - DT (was just demoted from 5* by 247)
4* Andrew Butcher - DE
4* Darrell Taylor - DE
3* Marques Ford - DE

Ford is supposedly in line for a bump from 247 and Rivals to 4*.

What do you guys think? I think UF's haul in 2010 may be the best of all time, but this year's D-line class for UT isn't far behind.

That DL class is also a huge reason why they had such a monstrous defense from 2010-2013 and why we could never score on them when it mattered.

Powell and Ball both played linebacker at Florida. Time will tell who's is better. I feel we will end up superior to their line at DE.

Mcshay has Jameis to the Titans. Surely not I hope. I can't pull for that POS.

I will probably completely stop watching NFL football if the Titans take him. I will not cheer for that piece of crap but I ain't gonna switch to a new team either.

Don't force my hand Titans!

Reactions: 2 people
Yet no one can list all of these red flag issues. Just continue to sum it up as lack of character. This tells me you don't no the facts and probably only read the headlines.

The FSU board is that way >>>>>>>>>

Have a nice life.

Reactions: 9 people
I get that posters see the talent Winston possesses. However, all that talent with a 10 cent brain produces nothing in the NFL. Never has and never will. Despite physical limitations Wilson wins because he is intelligent and beyond reproach as a person and team player. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. - same way. Winners that elevate their teams. They do a lot of it in the off season and in S&C with their teammates. Immature guys in college can pull off winning with just talent. In the NFL - it's a business - different deal. As in Johnny Who?

Powell and Ball both played linebacker at Florida. Time will tell who's is better. I feel we will end up superior to their line at DE.

Both played Buck end. Powell only moved to SLB his Jr yr bc of Fowler.

Ball split time at DE and LB.

Ease and SF both spent a year playing DE fulltime.

I don't think Winston is a good pick in the first round regardless of the other issues. He is not a guy I want to base my franchise around. I think he'll end up partying hard and bouncing around like Kerry Collins did. I remember because he was a panthers 1st rd pick and played for titans. He may work out and few NFL players are saints. Big Ben is another example of troubled QB's of the caucasion variety in case some believe this is a race motivated discussion.

OMG he was involved in a b.b. Gun fight and drink soda at the fountain at Burger King from a water cup.

I bet if you have kids, you blame the teacher and try to get them fired if your kid does bad on tests and disrupts class continually.

Seriously, you sound like my sister who did just that. And yes, her adult kids are still losers.

It's called accepting responsibility for your actions and not blaming society or whomever else to divert the attention off the real problem.

Reactions: 6 people
Winston is not VY. People fell in love with VY running ability but he couldn't pass with consistent accuracy. He also didn't work hard and study. Winston is a true prostyle pocket passer.

Winston is going to be really good NFL QB as long as he stays out of trouble.

I hate his guts but he is a stud.

If I'm an NFL GM I'd probably choose another position if possible but if I'm desparate for a QB then I'm taking Winston all day over Mariota and dealing with the devil

Nashvegas'd

Societal problem

No the societal problem I was referring to is how people nowadays think they have a right to know the details about everyone's personal affairs. We only get a small amount of information so how can you make a decision about someone's character when you don't know all the details. hope your son does not make a poor decision in college because he would have no character, in your opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
Kerry Collins became a pretty decent NFL QB, who passed for almost 41,000 yards.

Became. Had a lot of drinking and partying before those days. Winston would be a great pickup if he is still healthy and playing in a few years. He was a terrible first pick for the panthers however. Expecially when he basically quit because they were not winning.

No the societal problem I was referring to is how people nowadays think they have a right to know the details about everyone's personal affairs. We only get a small amount of information so how can you make a decision about someone's character when you don't know all the details. hope your son does not make a poor decision in college because he would have no character, in your opinion.

So we don't have the right to personal details but shouldn't make decisions without them? :huh:

I bet if you have kids, you blame the teacher and try to get them fired if your kid does bad on tests and disrupts class continually.

Seriously, you sound like my sister who did just that. And yes, her adult kids are still losers.

It's called accepting responsibility for your actions and not blaming society or whomever else to divert the attention off the real problem.

Wow you got that from what. I raise my kids to be the best they can be. One is National Honors and headed to college and the other two are honoroll and solid football players. I don't judge people especially when I don't know all the details. I blame society for how people are quick to judge others as if their shot doesn't stink. We can think the Internet for some of it. Sites like volatile where you can hide behind a keyboard and type random remarks without anyone knowing who you are. Yes that is a societal problem.

:birgits_giggle:
So we don't have the right to personal details but shouldn't make decisions without them? :huh:

Right, what gives you the right to know everything about a college student that is not your child. So if you don't know the details how can you come to a conclusion.

When you become a dad with a young son who does watch his teams QB closely you hope for a little more than just skill from a team you want to support. Especially in a role like QB. I will admit I had doubts about Cam and early on he was a little squirrely but he represents the panthers pretty well overall on and off.

When you become a dad with a young son who does watch his teams QB closely you hope for a little more than just skill from a team you want to support. Especially in a role like QB. I will admit I had doubts about Cam and early on he was a little squirrely but he represents the panthers pretty well overall on and off.

Wrecked his truck. Don't want.

Right, what gives you the right to know everything about a college student that is not your child. So if you don't know the details how can you come to a conclusion.

So?...don't?...do anything?...ever? :unsure:

Yes Jameis is immature, but do we hate AJ for being accused of rape?

Just curious

AJ got suspended immediately with minimal prior record. Had the party thing back in the summer. AJ was held accountable, he paid for it and Jameis lies and gets away with it all and it bothers me. Don't want the POS on my team.

I Dom aver a son that does that. I make sure I keep him informed about life. It is good to watch guys such as Cam play and emulate their game but I want his character to be influenced by our family values. It is not easy but that is my goal.

AJ got suspended immediately with minimal prior record. Had the party thing back in the summer. AJ was held accountable, he paid for it and Jameis lies and gets away with it all and it bothers me. Don't want the POS on my team.

What did he lie about.

Only God will judge Winston but fans have a right to not want him on their team. Trusting and judging get twisted a lot good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back