Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is a problem with the coach as you appropriately pointed out.

No it's a problem with our society that the coach recognized if he didn't do something the media would have a field day. The guy who says it on the news has never faced any protest or outcry, have you every wondered why?

No it's a problem with our society that the coach recognized if he didn't do something the media would have a field day. The guy who says it on the news has never faced any protest or outcry, have you every wondered why?

Trying to make this a societal issue when it's a character issue. There is one person at fault that we are having this discussion and it's Winston.

He is a huge risk to take with the second pick. He lacks good judgement.

Reactions: 4 people
Trying to make this a societal issue when it's a character issue. There is one person at fault that we are having this discussion and it's Winston.

He is a huge risk to take with the second pick. He lacks good judgement.

Yet no one can list all of these red flag issues. Just continue to sum it up as lack of character. This tells me you don't no the facts and probably only read the headlines.

Yet no one can list all of these red flag issues. Just continue to sum it up as lack of character. This tells me you don't no the facts and probably only read the headlines.

They've already been posted several times. He may be just a college kid, but as the QB and leader of a major college program, he should know he's held to a higher standard, yet still continues to have missteps. Speaks volumes to everyone but apparently you.

Reactions: 3 people
What repeated behavior. Take away the rape acquisition and all you have is a college kid who would have never made the news for a single incident because they were petty.

You wanted to know what repeated behavior. All of it !!!

He's a great QB but he's a thug. I wouldn't use a top pick on someone who might wash out quick with NFL conduct rules.

I want the face of my franchise to be Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson. Never a problem at all. Always working hard for their teams and community.

Reactions: 1 person
Yet no one can list all of these red flag issues.

Nov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.

Nov. 25, 2012: A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

Dec. 7, 2012: Winston is accused of raping a woman at his off-campus apartment. The woman reports the assault to police that day and five weeks later calls a detective and identifies Winston as her attacker after seeing him in a class. Tallahassee police drop the investigation, contending the woman has refused to cooperate, then revive it nine months later and sent it to State Attorney Willie Meggs. Meggs conducts a new investigation but concludes that there is not enough evidence to file criminal charges. Winston’s lawyer contends the sexual encounter was consensual. The U.S. Department of Education later launches a federal investigation of the school’s handling of the incident after questions arise about whether Florida State followed the provisions of Title IX, and in August 2014 the school launches an investigation of Winston under the student code of conduct.

July 21, 2013: Winston is accused of entering a Burger King in Tallahassee and helping himself to soda from the fountain machine without paying for it. A restaurant employee later tells police she gave Winston a cup of water but that he poured the water out and helped himself to several cups of soda despite her objections. No charges are filed.

April 29, 2014: Winston is accused of stealing $32.72 worth of crab legs from a Tallahassee supermarket. He is given a civil citation that allows him to perform community service and is suspended from the FSU baseball team until he completes that work. Winston tells police he “forgot” to pay for the crab legs and publicly apologizes.

May 20, 2014: Winston is expected at a code-of-conduct hearing for Chris Casher and Ronald Darby, two FSU teammates who alleged the witnessed a portion of the sexual encounter involving the quarterback and the woman who accused him of rape. They are both accused of violating school rules. Winston does not show up for the hearing, and his lawyer contends that no one from the school ever asked him to be there – something that is disputed by attorneys involved in the process. However, FSU officials later acknowledge that they have no way to force a witness to attend a code-of-conduct hearing.

Sept. 16, 2014: Winston is seen by several students jumping up on a table on campus and screaming a sexually charged expletive-laced phrase that was made popular on the internet. FSU head football coach Jimbo Fisher suspends Winston for the first half of the team’s upcoming game with Clemson, and school officials vow that he will be subject to “internal discipline” – most likely under the school’s code of conduct. Winston apologizes.

UPDATE FROM FOX SPORTS:

Oct. 13, 2014: ESPN reports that FSU's compliance department is investigating whether Winston accepted money in exchange for autographs. The university's athletic director issues a statement on Oct. 17, explaining that the compliance staff looking into whether Jameis Winston accepted unauthorized benefits for his autograph has "no information indicating that he accepted payment for items reported to bear his signature, thereby compromising his athletics eligibility."

Well, there's that...

Reactions: 24 people
I see where Alabama just enrolled the guy that got dismissed from UGA after his second domestic assault charge. The 340 pound man beat and attempted to strangle his girlfriend.

Saban getting desperate.

People are also not mentioning the WAY in which the rape accusation was handled, both by the police and by the school.

You wanna tell me in a completely unbiased scenario that case doesn't at MINIMUM see a court room? No chance it doesn't. Men have been imprisoned for less.

Reactions: 3 people
People are also not mentioning the WAY in which the rape accusation was handled, both by the police and by the school.

You wanna tell me in a completely unbiased scenario that case doesn't at MINIMUM see a court room? No chance it doesn't. Men have been imprisoned for less.

Do you know all the details?

This is an easy concept. If you are a National Championship, Heisman Trophy winning, potential first pick QB people are going to watch your every move, comment on it, and even sometimes draw conclusions from it. If for what ever reason(s) you "get in trouble" especially more than once knowing your behavior is being monitored it's fairly common and certainly reasonable to assume you have some sort of a discipline problem. How relevant the problem is to future football play is subjective, but from a risk management perspective you have to understand why investors (NFL teams) are forced to take a long, hard look at it. That's a lot of money to gamble on.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes Jameis is immature, but do we hate AJ for being accused of rape?

Just curious

I haven't seen one person say they "hate" Winston. We are saying he is a huge risk because of his character flaws at the number 2 pick.

AJ is going to be punished in the same manner IMO. His draft stock will fall because of this incident.

Difference in the two, AJ doesn't have a lengthy history of poor judgment.

Reactions: 2 people
My post is referring to someone saying they wouldnt cheer for that "POS" a few pages back

I haven't seen one person say they "hate" Winston. We are saying he is a huge risk because of his character flaws at the number 2 pick.

AJ is going to be punished in the same manner IMO. His draft stock will fall because of this incident.

Difference in the two, AJ doesn't have a lengthy history of poor judgment.

Actually AJ allegedly bought alcohol for minors this season, resulting in the police being called to his apartment and making a few arrest.

He is a risk no doubt. Idk what I would do...

He is also a more talented QB than VY and Johnny football who he is being compared to

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back