Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane Ray going to the nfl, thank goodness.

Coach Mahoney be like:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 12 people
Thig and Butch are top 5 in the country, easily, and a case could easily be made for either being the top recruiter in the nation. Regardless of our tradition, facilities, etc., we are going to have 2 back to back top 5 recruiting classes after one (barely) winning season in the past 5 years and going 40-47 over that span, while being in the same conference as UGA, Bama, UF, LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, A&M. All of those schools have better records in that time period, all of those schools have at least one excellent recruiter on their staff, and most of those schools can sell the same pitches that we can sell. Also, most of those schools wanted 85-90% of the kids we have pulled in the past 2 classes. We have had only one bowl win since most of these kids can remember, and it was against a very average Iowa team. Those are 2 of the top 4 recruiters in the country, imo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Thig and Butch are top 5 in the country, easily, and a case could easily be made for either being the top recruiter in the nation. Regardless of our tradition, facilities, etc., we are going to have 2 back to back top 5 recruiting classes after one (barely) winning season in the past 5 years and going 40-47 over that span, while being in the same conference as UGA, Bama, UF, LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, A&M. All of those schools have better records in that time period, all of those schools have at least one excellent recruiter on their staff, and most of those schools can sell the same pitches that we can sell. Also, most of those schools wanted 85-90% of the kids we have pulled in the past 2 classes. We have had only one bowl win since most of these kids can remember, and it was against a very average Iowa team. Those are 2 of the top 4 in the country, imo

Not at all negating or downplaying their talents or even disagreeing but UT has a lot to do with their success as well. It isn't as easy as say UF but it isn't as hard as Cincy either.

Not at all negating or downplaying their talents or even disagreeing but UT has a lot to do with their success as well. It isn't as easy as say UF but it isn't as hard as Cincy either.

That was my point about the other schools. It's arguably easier for them, yet we are out recruiting a lot of those schools and getting players that those schools want

Tennessee has announced all 10 early enrollees are officially in.

Just a couple of quick observations on their release. Tuttle is listed at 315, as is Chance Hall. They also have Jack Jones listed at 300.

Kirkland is listed at 235 and Kyle Phillips is listed at 250. Both quarterbacks are listed at 200 pounds. Kamara is listed at 195 pounds and Andrew Butcher is listed at 245 pounds. Stephen Griffin is at 185.

Some of the guys are wearing jerseys with their future numbers on them like Alvin Kamara is wearing 6, Jack Jones is 66, Kyle Phillips is 5, Andrew Butcher is 52, Chance Hall is 76, Jauan Jennings is 15.

Now, a guy like Tuttle is wearing 9 but that's obviously Barnett's number. Stephen Griffin is wearing 2, not sure if that will be his or not. Quinten Dormady is wearing 12 and that's still Peterman's number.

Finally, as we wrote when he committed, Kirkland is wearing 34 as expected. We expect Reeves-Maybin will likely wear 21.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 8 people
That was my point about the other schools. It's arguably easier for then, yet we are out recruiting a lot of those schools and getting players that those schools want

I am merely giving credit to UT where many have recently tried to make it harder than I believe it is. Butch has played a huge role in reasserting UT to it's rightful place but to see that gator bowl turnout reminds me fans and facilities give him great tools to work with.

Kyle Phillips now a 5-stah and the top-rated player in TN on 247Sports.

Barnett and Maggitt rotate out, Phillips and Mixon rotate in.

Reactions: 7 people
Kyle Phillips now a 5-stah and the top-rated player in TN on 247Sports.

Barnett and Maggitt rotate out, Phillips and Mixon rotate in.

We need the Butch meme saying, "it's happening, get used to it."

This class is insane! 5 5*: Kamara, Tuttle, Phillips (All 3 already enrolled), Williams, and McKenzie (#1 player in nation)!

Reactions: 3 people
Mcshay has Jameis to the Titans. Surely not I hope. I can't pull for that POS.

The shelf is empty. Hard to pull for the Titan's period. They must have a QB in this draft. They got to get hot so they dont have to keep selling 5 dollar tickets to get a few folks in the stands. POS Winston may be the only hope. It's a crap shoot with his character. Most folks cant change from that but a small percentage can.:thud::thud::thud:

The shelf is empty. Hard to pull for the Titan's period. They must have a QB in this draft. They got to get hot so they dont have to keep selling 5 dollar tickets to get a few folks in the stands. POS Winston may be the only hope. It's a crap shoot with his character. Most folks cant change from that but a small percentage can.:thud::thud::thud:

Exactly what did Winston really do at FSU that puts his character in so much doubt?

Exactly what did Winston really do at FSU that puts his character in so much doubt?

My thing isn't so much his complete lack of character, but rather that I think this kid might be legally retarded. Anyone that keeps doing things as stupid as he does when the Spotlight is already on them isn't completely there.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back