Khwan Fore freshman highlights..

I agree that success in sports is important and helps with the academic side of the university. When I say sports are a way to make money for the school, the sports have to be successful to make money (long-term).

My post was mainly pointing out that some sort of academic standard has to be maintained when admitting athletes, this standard is higher and more fluid for grad students (obviously). When a grad transfer doesn't end up graduating with a graduate's degree, it hurts the graduation rate of the school.

I understand. While I did mention "numbers" in a previous post, I have always hated the numbers war. Schools have become obsessed with the numbers to move up on the News and World Report list. So much so that I believe there are articles how schools have skewed the numbers. I know you have to quantify it somehow, but I don't care about most numbers. Students aren't numbers. Educate them and prepare them for the real world. Most of academia doesn't know what the real world is about.

I am guessing Russell Wilson didn't get a graduate degree at Wisconsin, but I am sure they are happy every time they see the school name when he is mentioned. Plus, it's the Big Ten, where they "care" about academics. JMO.

Reactions: 1 person
I understand. While I did mention "numbers" in a previous post, I have always hated the numbers war. Schools have become obsessed with the numbers to move up on the News and World Report list. So much so that I believe there are articles how schools have skewed the numbers. I know you have to quantify it somehow, but I don't care about most numbers. Students aren't numbers. Educate them and prepare them for the real world. Most of academia doesn't know what the real world is about.

I am guessing Russell Wilson didn't get a graduate degree at Wisconsin, but I am sure they are happy every time they see the school name when he is mentioned. Plus, it's the Big Ten, where they "care" about academics. JMO.

Gee this is a fantastic post. We've lost our way trying to hit our numbers. Specifically the italicized and bolded parts.

We are educating a world full of test takers who don't know how to function in the real world.

Interesting post by Basilio today:

The back-story here is academic. This is interesting since Fore fulfilled his requirements to graduate from Richmond, a terrific academic institution. Sources inside of UT's athletic department told me that they thought this 'isn't anything that can't get worked out internally.' Apparently Fore was taken aback and offended when he learned of the snag.

Basilio today:

(False Fore narrative) Is that Tennessee is peeling off Fore because they have their eyes on reclassifying Jalen Lecque. The theory goes that Tennessee is going for the shiny 5 star object in Lecque over Fore. It sounds great, but it's just not based in reality. Now, this isn't to say that Lecque can't end up in Knoxville if things fall through with either DJ Burns or Fore.

Thought about this today. So, we took a football player who South Carolina wasn't sure they were getting in, yet, we have trouble with Fore, who has a college degree from Richmond. Doesn't make much sense.

Thought about this today. So, we took a football player who South Carolina wasn't sure they were getting in, yet, we have trouble with Fore, who has a college degree from Richmond. Doesn't make much sense.

The thing I saw on the SC kid said that they passed on him due to some red flags of a rumored domestic issue, not sure if true but that’s what I saw, not academic.

The thing I saw on the SC kid said that they passed on him due to some red flags of a rumored domestic issue, not sure if true but that’s what I saw, not academic.

The highest ranked prospect in the Rivals250 who didn't sign on Wednesday, Thompson is still working to quality academically and was told to wait by the South Carolina staff. All indications are he intends to stick with the school, but Marshall made a late push and will likely have a spot for him if he wants it and Tennessee is also expressing interest in hosting Thompson for an official visit later this month. South Carolina has shown patience with Thompson throughout the process and now are asking the same in return.

The highest ranked prospect in the Rivals250 who didn't sign on Wednesday, Thompson is still working to quality academically and was told to wait by the South Carolina staff. All indications are he intends to stick with the school, but Marshall made a late push and will likely have a spot for him if he wants it and Tennessee is also expressing interest in hosting Thompson for an official visit later this month. South Carolina has shown patience with Thompson throughout the process and now are asking the same in return.
Just telling you what SC Rivals site said

Just telling you what SC Rivals site said

Yeah I saw Bruin talking about it in another thread just now. Idk man. Sounds like this kid may have some baggage but we need players.

Grades were definitely why he didn’t sign though. USCe didn’t pull his offer. They asked him to wait to sign.

All I’m gonna say is, I wish we could have coach Pruitt recruit for us too. He’s killing it lol

Weird how last year we were deep at guard and thin down low. Now we're loaded inside and looking thin on the perimeter. JJ has quite an opportunity to contribute. Schofield might have a great opportunity to show if he can be an NBA 2.

Weird how last year we were deep at guard and thin down low. Now we're loaded inside and looking thin on the perimeter. JJ has quite an opportunity to contribute. Schofield might have a great opportunity to show if he can be an NBA 2.

Yeah, I really think and hope, JJ takes the next step. He has a great opportunity and I believe the talent to carve out a huge niche for this upcoming season

Jalen Johnson could play shooting guard and be an option behind Bone, Turner and Bowden at point guard. I would like to see CRB and his staff carry the one scholarship for 2018 over into 2019 unless they find a slam dunk at the point guard position.

Apologize if I’ve missed this conversation but if Fore didn’t meet our academic requirements for his continued education, why would we offer him? He certainly told our staff what his goals were. And this seriously isn’t trying to call out our staff. But this recruitment has an awkward feel to it.

Apologize if I’ve missed this conversation but if Fore didn’t meet our academic requirements for his continued education, why would we offer him? He certainly told our staff what his goals were. And this seriously isn’t trying to call out our staff. But this recruitment has an awkward feel to it.

And how does Louisville get him in? Coming off sanctions it sounds fishy if you ask me.

I would guess one of two things happened. Either the staff thought he would get in or his admittance was being processed slowly, and the staff saw it as a chance to back out. I am guessing the former rather than the latter.

VN Store

Back