Khwan Fore freshman highlights..

Does this mean that Fore is locked into UL and can't become a vol if they got the admissions issue resolved?

Does this mean that Fore is locked into UL and can't become a vol if they got the admissions issue resolved?

It’s not going to be resolved, UT (along with Auburn) informed him they weren’t going to be able to get him admitted...that left Louisville.

Poor job of our staff not making sure all was in order before taking the commitment

Eh maybe. You don’t see that kind of issues with graduate transfers, Auburn allowed him to visit and was also willing to take his commitment first time around, so they clearly didn’t see any red flags either.

Poor job of our staff not making sure all was in order before taking the commitment

Yea, this never happens with hs grads not qualifying after committing then having to go junior college. Staff is terrible for allowing this to happen. It's not like every different grad program has specific admittance requirements beyond "college grad".

Blue font if not obvious

You see that's the staffs job at the beginning of recruiting such kids. It's their job to know

No blue font

Most grad programs require the applicants to score a certain level on a standardized test such as the MCAT, etc. If Fore hadn't taken said particular test for his particular masters program then how would the coaches supposed to have known his score wouldn't be in the acceptance range? There's other requirements that could have been unforeseen sticking points until he application was being processed. Admissions to grad school isn't nearly as generic as undergraduate admissions. At least that's my experience with the 4 graduate degrees in my immediate family

Ehab Amin and Jordan Lathon are the 2 names right now that make the most sense....

Amin is a graduate transfer from Texas Corpus Christi, more of a combo guard but could give us some minutes at PG, very good rebounder and has led the nation in steals previously.

Lathon is a high school kid, was commited to Northwestern but they revoked his his scholarship recently, unclear as to why. He’s a Top 150 guy that also is probably more of the combo guard type, the negative here would be it’s one less scholarship for fall 2019 class, but positive would be someone already learning behind Bone/Turner for the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Most grad programs require the applicants to score a certain level on a standardized test such as the MCAT, etc. If Fore hadn't taken said particular test for his particular masters program then how would the coaches supposed to have known his score wouldn't be in the acceptance range? There's other requirements that could have been unforeseen sticking points until he application was being processed. Admissions to grad school isn't nearly as generic as undergraduate admissions. At least that's my experience with the 4 graduate degrees in my immediate family

I agree. All things the staff should have known imo

I agree. All things the staff should have known imo

Agree to disagree then....maybe you're just a more critical person than me? Since 99% of their recruits are undergraduate applicants I'd expect that to be their expertise, not so much with grad school TIFWIW, JMO, AARP

Agree to disagree then....maybe you're just a more critical person than me? Since 99% of their recruits are undergraduate applicants I'd expect that to be their expertise, not so much with grad school TIFWIW, JMO, AARP

They have all kinds of staff members that are paid to keep up with this. I am being critical of the staff as a whole not just the coaches. It's more on support staff imo

Ehab Amin and Jordan Lathon are the 2 names right now that make the most sense....

Amin is a graduate transfer from Texas Corpus Christi, more of a combo guard but could give us some minutes at PG, very good rebounder and has led the nation in steaks previously.

Lathon is a high school kid, was commited to Northwestern but they revoked his his scholarship recently, unclear as to why. He’s a Top 150 guy that also is probably more of the combo guard type, the negative here would be it’s one less scholarship for fall 2019 class, but positive would be someone already learning behind Bone/Turner for the future.

Will he be hosting the cookouts?

Reactions: 2 people
His statements in the first article make it seem like he would be interested. However, it seems like he has is interested in staying in the Southwest. Looks like we did not intially contact him from the second article.

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2018/05/08/ehab-amin-q-feel-like-its-national-championship-team/589876002/

https://thespun.com/college-hoops/grad-transfer-ehab-amin-schools

Last edited:
His statements in the first article make it seem like he would be interested. However, it seems like he has is interested in staying in the Southwest. Looks like we did not intially contact him from the second article.

Ehab Amin Q&A: 'I feel like it’s a national championship team'

Grad Transfer Ehab Amin Hearing From Over 20 Of Big-Time Programs

I love this quote and on the surface would make me think he would certainly be interested in Tennessee...

On why he joined a team so loaded minutes will be tough to get:

“I’m pretty confident in myself and how I can help the team and what I bring to the table. Not just defensively, but offensively as well. I feel like in that point guard spot I can excel and even off the ball, too. I’m not a ball-dominant player. I feel like I can play on or off the ball. I can play multiple positions, I can guard multiple positions, so I feel like I’m a really versatile player and that’s one of the reason I wanted to go to Nevada. I only have one year left and I know how good I am. I wanted to go somewhere I can go to a Final Four and compete for a championship and make the tournament and not go somewhere where you’re on the bubble. I wanted to go somewhere that has a lot of good players coming back, who has a good coach, who has a winning culture, who’s been there before. They had a really good season last year and have a great core coming back and we want to make it far in the tournament.”

any chance?

Not a clue at this point, I was just sifting through names and that’s all I came up with at this point. He would seemingly fit well to what the staff is looking for and he’s not scared to compete for minutes, so I would think he would at the very least listen.

Here’s what I’ve got for names, all graduate transfers, not saying Tennessee has or will contact just my 2 cents on names I would reach out to...

Ehab Amin Texas A&M CC
Jalyn Patterson LSU
Jadon Cohee Seattle/Southern Utah
Schadrac Casimir Iona

Amin is probably the best regarded out of this bunch, Patterson has played 3 years at LSU and started about 40 games so I would feel comfortable with him being able to hand 10-15mpg, Cohee seems like the biggest stretch but has Oregon, Xavier and Louisville recruiting him so idk, and Casimir just became available so we will see how heavily he is pursued but the guy can shoot the lights out.

It’s not going to be resolved, UT (along with Auburn) informed him they weren’t going to be able to get him admitted...that left Louisville.

If both UT and AU had issues, I presume this may have been a conference issue, not a school specific one.

VN Store

Back