Khwan Fore freshman highlights..

Nobody is saying Barnes did no recruiting. The quote speaks for itself. Y’all keep worshipping him though.

You say “worship” and all I see are folks showing common sense respect for the TEAM being ahead of schedule. But you keep hanging on to that quote.

Reactions: 3 people
You say “worship” and all I see are folks showing common sense respect for the TEAM being ahead of schedule. But you keep hanging on to that quote.

You’re changing the subject now. I’ve shown plenty of respect for Barnes. I still live in reality though.

You’re changing the subject now. I’ve shown plenty of respect for Barnes. I still live in reality though.

Not really. Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, and you’ve definitely made your opinion known but still continue to club the dead horse. How is that showing respect?

Not really. Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, and you’ve definitely made your opinion known but still continue to club the dead horse. How is that showing respect?

You’re right. Rick Barnes has done no wrong. Those quotes by Oliver were spot on. He’s earned the right.

:hi:

Haven’t been whipped.

What has Barnes earned the right to do Chris? Why say he gets to close if he’s out there busting his ass with the rest of the staff?

Oliver is saying Barnes has earned the right to not have to go sit in gyms all across the country searching for talent. He has assistants that have been doing it long enough, know what his recruiting profile looks like, and that he trusts to identify the type of player that can be successful in his system. That isn't to say that Barnes, in fact, has exercised that right in full.

Oliver isn't saying that Barnes is just relaxing in Knoxville 24/7/365 while his assistants do all of the recruiting, which, either foolishly or stubbornly, you seem convinced is the gist of his comments. You say that isn't it, but then you cling to those comments from Oliver like a calf to a tit as proof of this mythical apathy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Spin? Ok. Whatever you say Chris.

I had read that quote and just read it again. I agree with Chris. I don't interpret that how you are.

I have actually said multiple times that your criticism about not eventually getting some higher level players committed had some merit. But I just don't agree with your interpretation of the quote.

I had read that quote and just read it again. I agree with Chris. I don't interpret that how you are.

I have actually said multiple times that your criticism about not eventually getting some higher level players committed had some merit. But I just don't agree with your interpretation of the quote.

I've said the exact same, and agree 100%.

Oliver didn't say that Barnes isn't recruiting. He said that he's earned the right to delegate important aspects. Those are different things.

Barnes has earned the right for BigZiti to STFU. Barnes isn't silencing BigZiti's stupid campaign to trash him by clinging to a benign, off-the-cuff comment made by his assistant a long time ago.

Oliver didn't say that Barnes isn't recruiting. He said that he's earned the right to delegate important aspects. Those are different things.

Barnes has earned the right for BigZiti to STFU. Barnes isn't silencing BigZiti's stupid campaign to trash him by clinging to a benign, off-the-cuff comment made by his assistant a long time ago.

Whatever man. They were talking about how funny it was that people criticized his recruiting. I said it was warranted given the dumbass comments made by his assistant. Y’all want to spin those comments so bad. They reeked of entitlement and still do.

Whatever man. They were talking about how funny it was that people criticized his recruiting. I said it was warranted given the dumbass comments made by his assistant. Y’all want to spin those comments so bad. They reeked of entitlement and still do.

You’d have a point if Barnes made those comments himself, or if Oliver credited them to him (Coach Barnes has told us...). But neither of those things are true. Oliver made the comments on his own and stated them as his own.

Reactions: 3 people
You’d have a point if Barnes made those comments himself, or if Oliver credited them to him (Coach Barnes has told us...). But neither of those things are true. Oliver made the comments on his own and stated them as his own.

Spin.

And you don’t make those comments without there being a sense of entitlement.

VN Store

Back