Khwan Fore freshman highlights..

Not so sure. Personally, I wasn't that excited about him. It's not like his stats were eye opening.

Yeah, but you add another tough nose defender, and a slasher who can create space for turner, bone, and Bowden. Even the bigs too. We need to add a pg, and hopefully we have another one in mind.

Reactions: 1 person
I don’t know the finer details, but I’ve been told UT is having issues getting him admitted into graduate school...Tennessee still wants him and he still wants to come here but right now it doesn’t look great.

Disappointing. Hate it for him, and the team obviously. Hopefully everything can get sorted out.

What kind of issue would be on UT's end in getting him admitted? I know you said you don't know the finer details, so it's okay if you don't want to speculate or anything. Just not sure what the hang up is.

So, besides lecque, do we have any other options? What about the 5 star from nc state that decommited, is he still available?

What kind of issue would be on UT's end in getting him admitted? I know you said you don't know the finer details, so it's okay if you don't want to speculate or anything. Just not sure what the hang up is.

Graduate school admission requirements

It isn't as cut and dry as undergraduate requirements.

If what BTO is saying is true and there is an issue with admissions this is where Fulmer comes in. A strong AD gets this done imo

We have long had issues with the academia loons at UTK.

The end-goal of a university is to provide the best possible education to the students. Having high admittance standards helps achieve a better academic environment for the people who are in school to get a degree. Admitting sub par students only hurts the other students (most of which have to pay out of pocket thousands of $). From my own personal experience, it is annoying to have your classes held up by people who can't keep up.

It seems to be the general consensus on this site that sports are the most important thing the university does, but sports aren't the purpose of the university. Sports are simply a method of providing funding for the academic side of the university.

Reactions: 4 people
The end-goal of a university is to provide the best possible education to the students. Having high admittance standards helps achieve a better academic environment for the people who are in school to get a degree. Admitting sub par students only hurts the other students (most of which have to pay out of pocket thousands of $). From my own personal experience, it is annoying to have your classes held up by people who can't keep up.

It seems to be the general consensus on this site that sports are the most important thing the university does, but sports aren't the purpose of the university. Sports are simply a method of providing funding for the academic side of the university.

This. Academia before sports.

Most of those who would say otherwise on this forum probably weren't smart enough to get past HS anyhow.

Lol

There are plenty of ignorant people getting degrees from Tenn that don't play sports

Truth.

The people who run that circus over there are some of the dumbest smart people you could ever imagine. Total **** show for 15 years over there.

Nobody cares about that. This kid has a degree. We should have zero problem putting him in grad school.

Nobody cares about that. This kid has a degree. We should have zero problem putting him in grad school.

The NCAA has talked about cracking down on the grad transfer program for years.
The percentage of guys that actually complete their graduate degrees is very small. It's an abused system for want of a better description.
I'm surprised it's still allowed.

The NCAA has talked about cracking down on the grad transfer program for years.
The percentage of guys that actually complete their graduate degrees is very small. It's an abused system for want of a better description.
I'm surprised it's still allowed.

It is an abused system, but it does encourage kids to stay on course to get their undergrad in four years. It's probably worthwhile in that sense.

We have long had issues with the academia loons at UTK.

Entitlement attitude. If the kid does not have the qualifications he should go somewhere else.

Why would we tell a kid who has qualified academically for graduate school that we won't have a space for him or her because we have to make way for some athlete who is not qualified?

This is the reason I think that athletes are privileged. If you want to pay them then create a farm league for them.

Entitlement attitude. If the kid does not have the qualifications he should go somewhere else.

Why would we tell a kid who has qualified academically for graduate school that we won't have a space for him or her because we have to make way for some athlete who is not qualified?

This is the reason I think that athletes are privileged. If you want to pay them then create a farm league for them.

Eye roll gif

I wonder if those posters realize that a very high % of our athletes in football and basketball woudnt get into school without being athletes. I am guessing well over half

I wonder if those posters realize that a very high % of our athletes in football and basketball woudnt get into school without being athletes. I am guessing well over half

I’m not sure about the basketball part. Most of our guys seem very well educated. Can’t soeak for the football team as I haven’t heard them speak/ in a different setting

VN Store

Back