Bray to go to NFL per CBS/Bruce Feldman

How is it Denver's fault that the division they play in sucks?

So your saying Denver isnt a top 5 team this year?

I would say the Falcons, Packers, Pats, Texans, and 49ers are better. They all play tough teams where the Broncos have played half the hard teams those 5 have.

Good luck in the NFL . He might make it as a practice squad player . And he shouldn't expect to have a street in Knoxville named after him . Could've , should've , would've had a record breaking senior year .

"Fear leads to Hate, Hate leads to Anger, Anger leads to Death." ................."I since much Fear in this one."

What about the year before? Still no wins. He lost to Kentucky that year with a good defense.

Only having one good Wr that yr certainly limits a qb. I'm sure that you'll say that shouldn't phase him though. I'm sure his hurt thumb had nothing to do with his playing as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't see him going earlier than 3rd round. He could have been a top pick if he came back and had a good season.

Also I should add,I hope he really gets coached up in the league and loses some of the attitude. I will pull for him on Sundays just like I do any other Vol that wore the jersey.

Wish he would have stayed. He was a great player on a bad team with worse coaching. Whoever we start next year has a 90% chance of being worse than Bray. I don't get some of you . I don't think you actually watched the games. Next year will be alot tougher now.

I would say the Falcons, Packers, Pats, Texans, and 49ers are better. They all play tough teams where the Broncos have played half the hard teams those 5 have.

49ers-Agree
Pats-Agree
Packers-Ehhh maybe, not as good as last year
Texans- Come and mannn, the Pats clowned them
Falcons-Overrated

No you are wrong, you don't understand game management, sometimes long drives are better, with this defense it would have been.

Now you're into offensive philosophy which has less to do with the QB than the OC and the offense as a whole.

Rough road ahead for Bray in the NFL....but I feel better with him gone. Let Worley and Petterman fight it out for the no1 spot...hell, get em both ready and let them play.

This second best season by a UT QB garbage has to stop. Big stats don't equal best. Give me Tee Martin,Heath Shuler,Casey Clausen,Andy Kelly even. You people forget what matters. Winning.
Its a team game and all the QB's you list had a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Bray has an NFL arm we'll see if he has NFL between the ears. No need to hate on the kid.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Now you're into offensive philosophy which has less to do with the QB than the OC and the offense as a whole.

Usually the OC builds to the skills of the QB. This is too long of a discussion to really discuss, but take for example how Manning plays now. He can beat you anyway, but manages the game and was always that way. Bray is big play or bust. I guess the best way I can sum up what I am saying is look at Tee Martin if you needed a play he would make it in the clutch...Bray no so much.

Don't see him going earlier than 3rd round. He could have been a top pick if he came back and had a good season.

Why would he want to take the chance of coming back with his top WRs and TE leaving and a new offense being installed by coaches he doesn't know?

God...y'all are dumb...

He only put together the second* best season ever for a UT QB...

If you people think he was UT's biggest problem this season, you better be prepared for a rude awakening this next season....

Incorrect. His piss poor attitude on and off the field was a huge issue and rubbed off on others. Yes thats a reflection on his coach's and was just as much their problem becthey allowed him to act that way. But I am ready for a new era and with a coaching change and new QB it can officially begin. Ryan Mallet and Ryan leaf had great numbers too but had problems. Plus like it or not he never beat anybody and for the most part padded his numbers against bad defenses. GA was the rare exception and even S.Carol struggled some this yr defensively. Time for the N.Peterman ERA to start.

Usually the OC builds to the skills of the QB. This is too long of a discussion to really discuss, but take for example how Manning plays now. He can beat you anyway, but manages the game and was always that way. Bray is big play or bust. I guess the best way I can sum up what I am saying is look at Tee Martin if you needed a play he would make it in the clutch...Bray no so much.

Tee Martin is the most overrated QB in Tennessee history. :duckstoavoidflyingobjects:

I assume that those that are thanking Bray for the memories are a bit younger than I am. These are memories I soon hope to alcoholically remove from my memory. My football awareness stretches back to Andy Kelly forward. To those teams my memories are very fond.

While I do not blame bray for these lowly years we have had, the kid is just not a winner. He has he chances to win games and constistenly he has failed.

To those that are saying if he had stayed he would of crushed all of manning a records, wow I am sure Peyton is wiping his brow and thanking god his records and the street named after him will remain.

Plain and simple we need freaking winners in our program again, not a smug punk that doesn't care about beating KY or Vandy, but people that believe that every Saturday you step on the field you have to lay it on the line and do what it takes to win.

Brays time spent here is not something I want to recall. Having said that the dude has a lot of potential, but lacks the mental aptitude for success. I hope he figures things out and is a great spokesmen for our university, I really do.

Go Vols, and here's to a brighter future!

Its a team game and all the QB's you list had a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Bray has an NFL arm we'll see if he has NFL between the ears. No need to hate on the kid.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You're clearly not listening. Saying that was the second best season by a UT QB is ridiculous. I clearly said in other posts I thought he had all the tools. Heath Shuler finished second in the Heisman voting. Bray didn't make third team All-SEC. The reason he didn't is people that understand football know that 500 yard games against Troy don't add up to much when you slouch and disappear in the second half against Florida. Is this concept of the importance of leadership really that lost on some of you? I've defended this guy numerous times this season. Just saying second best season ever is outlandish and hyperbole.

Incorrect. His piss poor attitude on and off the field was a huge issue and rubbed off on others. Yes thats a reflection on his coach's and was just as much their problem becthey allowed him to act that way. But I am ready for a new era and with a coaching change and new QB it can officially begin. Ryan Mallet and Ryan leaf had great numbers too but had problems. Plus like it or not he never beat anybody and for the most part padded his numbers against bad defenses. GA was the rare exception and even S.Carol struggled some this yr defensively. Time for the N.Peterman ERA to start.
A voice of reason. Thank you. How is this so hard to understand?

Was this prior to or after he tuned the Vols down?

I thought the whole meltdown over him turning us down was silly.

It's not a knock on him really. He was a good QB. I just think his legend is a little greater than his ability and there are several other former QBs that could have gotten similar results.

VN Store

Back