Bray to go to NFL per CBS/Bruce Feldman

100000000% this. worst representative/leader at the qb position in my lifetime as a fan. playing chicken on jetskis, throwing beer bottles at a car, throat slashing gestures to opposing teams.....

With that attitude they will laugh at his a$$ in the NFL !!! Mans game in that league and no time for pity parties. He will have to suck it up or move on !:rock:

How were they similar?

Bray and Casey had a lot of offensive weapons. I think you could make arguments that Bray may have had more. Regardless, the offenses were similar and bray had the 28th ranked defense last year and still could not win (see kentucky). I bet If you look Casey's defenses were ranked around 28th in the country. I'm sorry I had to explain how the teams are similar. I didn't realize you could not compare and contrast on your own. I learned that in elementary school.

I would take Casey Clausen over Bray too but those teams Casey played on were a lot more over all talented than the ones Bray played on.

I disagree. Bray has had a lot of talent on offense and the defense his sophomore year were pretty good. So I do not believe that Casey Clausen had this incredible advantage in talent. I would say they are similar. Remember when Casey was in school Florida, Bama, and Georgia were not as good as they were now. Meaning, you could have less talent in those days and be succesful in the East. LSU was just on the uptake at that time as well.

Did the research. Team Defense rankings while Clausen played:
2000- 40th
2001- 13th
2002- 5th
2003- 22nd

Brays sophomore year they were ranked 28th. That is similar to Clausen and no one can dispute. Clausen won more and with similar talent on offense as Bray. I could argue Bray has more talent on offense than Casey. Regardless, Bray has had a year with good defenses and he could not win even against Kentucky.

He is in a difficult spot....

yeah, he needs the extra year but any receiving core left here is likely going to be terribly inexperienced...or at worst decimated, which can't help much

however, you'd have to think that his later combine workouts the year after would/could balance out any WR-effected statistics/performance next season

Did the research. Team Defense rankings while Clausen played:
2000- 40th
2001- 13th
2002- 5th
2003- 22nd

Brays sophomore year they were ranked 28th. That is similar to Clausen and no one can dispute. Clausen won more and with similar talent on offense as Bray. I could argue Bray has more talent on offense than Casey. Regardless, Bray has had a year with good defenses and he could not win even against Kentucky.

What did our defense rank last year? Bray missed most of his sophomore season with a broken thumb. Do you think we lose as many games with a #5 defense this past year? You did anything but prove your point with this post.

What did our defense rank last year? Bray missed most of his sophomore season with a broken thumb. Do you think we lose as many games with a #5 defense this past year? You did anything but prove your point with this post.

Games Tyler could have won his sophomore year with a 28th ranked defense: Florida, Georgia ( even though he got hurt he was terrible until he did get hurt), and Kentucky. My point was proven when I said that he has similar defenses and still lost. He did not miss most of his sophomore year. He played most. You sir conjure fictional facts in an attempt to prove a point. I said the teams were similar anyways not the same. Also, don't you think Clausen would have won more with a 28th ranked defense instead of a 40th? You have proven nothing but that you can take excerpts from what I said and turn them around somehow. My point is Casey and Tyler had similar teams and bray did less with his similar team. Are the 22nd and 28th ranked defenses not similar?

Dang, he came into a very negative atmosphere with all the coach changes. Somebody may get a real diamond in the rough. I wish him the best.

Games Tyler could have won his sophomore year with a 28th ranked defense: Florida, Georgia ( even though he got hurt he was terrible until he did get hurt), and Kentucky. My point was proven when I said that he has similar defenses and still lost. He did not miss most of his sophomore year. He played most. You sir conjure fictional facts in an attempt to prove a point. I said the teams were similar anyways not the same. Also, don't you think Clausen would have won more with a 28th ranked defense instead of a 40th? You have proven nothing but that you can take excerpts from what I said and turn them around somehow. My point is Casey and Tyler had similar teams and bray did less with his similar team. Are the 22nd and 28th ranked defenses not similar?

Is #5 and #109 similar? That is the team defense ranking their Junior seasons. The teams were not similar. Casey is not as talented as Bray and people said the same things about Clausen's attitude as they do about Bray's.

Is #5 and #109 similar? That is the team defense ranking their Junior seasons. The teams were not similar. Casey is not as talented as Bray and people said the same things about Clausen's attitude as they do about Bray's.

Are you trying to say that bray did not have similar talent while at Tennessee? And I am not comparing junior year to junior year. I am comparing their times at Tennessee. So 28th is similar to 22nd or 40th or even 14th.

I disagree. Bray has had a lot of talent on offense and the defense his sophomore year were pretty good. So I do not believe that Casey Clausen had this incredible advantage in talent. I would say they are similar. Remember when Casey was in school Florida, Bama, and Georgia were not as good as they were now. Meaning, you could have less talent in those days and be succesful in the East. LSU was just on the uptake at that time as well.

Those Casey Clausen teams had alot better of a running game than Bray's teams and Bray's had better wr.Clausen did have Stallworth, Washington and Witten at TE most of his time here. If Clausen had Bray's arm strength he would be in the NFL right now IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Are you trying to say that bray did not have similar talent while at Tennessee? And I am not comparing junior year to junior year. I am comparing their times at Tennessee. So 28th is similar to 22nd or 40th or even 14th.

One year? A year that Bray missed 5 of 12 games altogether due to injury. Why do you not want to compare their junior seasons? Bray started two seasons and one year the defense ranked 28th and the next the defense ranked 109th. Their times at UT the average defensive ranking was what? UT averaged the 69th ranked defense during Bray's sophomore and junior season and UT's defense averaged 9th during Casey's sophomore and junior season.

OK so lets just say this.

Bad Leader
Punk Attitude
Worst Tatoo EVER( that is just for me has nothing todo with his talents)
Not accurate in short and intermedaite routes
Had round 1 NFL talent at WR
Un Clutch
Never did well against elite Defenses (top 20)
Feasted on lesser competition
Maturity Issues ( loco sign, throat slashes, talking to other teams sideline after he threw a single TD and we were down vs Vandy, mailed it in vs Kentucky)
Terrible body language ( hans on hips like a chick pouting)
Skipping Post game interviews

Please feel free to add

In the plus column he had great statistics.

If you watch NFL football and have read how Russell Wilson is not great at any one thing and struggles throwing the ball except for long range bombs. He is great at all the other thing that make a good QB. (Managing the game, running the ball when needed, making correct reads, etc etc.) Basically Wilson is the exact opposite of what Bray is and lets see how well he is doing leading HIS team to the play-offs.

Bray will be lucky to ever get one the field in the NFL outside of injury. In my mind he is Sam Bradford for the Rams with a bad attitude. We may miss him for the first part of the season whenwe get ran by 30 points and with him we may have kept it to under 20 but id rather lose huge than lose "less" huge with an inferior but team oriented "lesser" qb.

oh ya and here ya go

th

One year? A year that Bray missed 5 of 12 games altogether due to injury. Why do you not want to compare their junior seasons? Bray started two seasons and one year the defense ranked 28th and the next the defense ranked 109th. Their times at UT the average defensive ranking was what? UT averaged the 69th ranked defense during Bray's sophomore and junior season and UT's defense averaged 9th during Casey's sophomore and junior season.
I like the fact that you can do 4th grade math by averaging numbers together and then telling me the answer. I like that about you. I am comparing the times at Tennessee when they were similar. I know that bray did not have a defense this past year but when he did he did nothing. You will not concede that I am correct and that's ok because I can keep doing this. Also, he played the majority of his sophomore season ( 7 out of 12 is the majority) and did nothing. You cannot defeat the truth because that is what I am stating... The truth.

I like the fact that you can do 4th grade math by averaging numbers together and then telling me the answer. I like that about you. I am comparing the times at Tennessee when they were similar. I know that bray did not have a defense this past year but when he did he did nothing. You will not concede that I am correct and that's ok because I can keep doing this. Also, he played the majority of his sophomore season ( 7 out of 12 is the majority) and did nothing. You cannot defeat the truth because that is what I am stating... The truth.

You take one year when they were in your mind similar. You make no mention that the year they were similar was Casey's senior year and Brays injury shortened sophomore season. You are trying to make facts fit a template that they will not fit. Tyler's only full season was his junior season. This is my last post on the subject.

You take one year when they were in your mind similar. You make no mention that the year they were similar was Casey's senior year and Brays injury shortened sophomore season. You are trying to make facts fit a template that they will not fit. Tyler's only full season was his junior season. This is my last post on the subject.
Alright take Casey's freshmen year. 40th ranked defense. Technically brays sophomore year in terms of starts would be equivalent to a freshmen. Compare brays wins and losses to Casey's from freshmen as sophomores. They both had similar defenses and still bray had fewer wins. Regardless you cannot conjure wins for bray at a time in his teams were similar to Casey's. hahaha. Good try though.

Alright take Casey's freshmen year. 40th ranked defense. Technically brays sophomore year in terms of starts would be equivalent to a freshmen. Compare brays wins and losses to Casey's from freshmen as sophomores. They both had similar defenses and still bray had fewer wins. Regardless you cannot conjure wins for bray at a time in his teams were similar to Casey's. hahaha. Good try though.

I said I wouldn't post again but you can compare both players freshman season. Bray was 4-0 with an OT loss in a Bowl game. Clausen became the starter for the Bama game I believe.

VN Store

Back