Bray to go to NFL per CBS/Bruce Feldman

Best of luck to Bray. I would have loved to see this offense with a decent defense. To those who dont have anything nice to say about someone who brought this much offense. You must have a terrible memory. Have you forgotten the past 5 years.

Reactions: 1 person
He better grow up if he wants a chance to be a bench warmer. He has great talent but if he can't beat a Vandy or Kentucky how can he beat a Green Bay, New England or the Broncos?

3,600 yards and 34 touchdowns. He did his best to win the games and you can't put the blame solely on him. Especially as the commander of an offense that averaged 36 points a game in the SEC. Yes, he may have attitude problems, but he's still only 21.

Reactions: 1 person
i know i am in the minority on this, but i think this is actually the best thing for him and the best thing for tennessee.

it's a win-win, imo

I seriously doubt he would've beat Peterman out next year... smart move on his part. Easily the best QB ever to wear the Orange and White that literally did nothing while he was here aside from a few individual records.

i know i am in the minority on this, but i think this is actually the best thing for him and the best thing for tennessee.

it's a win-win, imo

I think most people looking at the situation objectively would agree.

I like Bray. I hope he does incredibly well. I wish he had stayed because contrary to many, I believe he makes Tennessee a much better team as an experienced senior starter. That being said, I fear that this move is going to be a disaster for him. He has thus far demonstrated a million dollar football arm and a ten cent football head, which I hoped he would improve on in a senior year of play. He cannot make appropriate reads (stares down his primary and throws into triple coverage vs. hitting a wide open Rivera/Neal for example), cannot work through is progressions (makes above poor throw vs hitting his checkdowns), has never beaten a good team, and seems to have a tendency to fold when the pressure is on. Not to mention, he has shown a lot of immaturity for someone to invest a high round pick in him (Beer bottles, Kentucky game, sideline antics to name a few). Other than his arm and his height, I cannot think of anything else that a pro team would be interested in. I think making this move now is going to cost him an incredible amount of money and result in an Ainge like NFL career. I hope Bray proves me wrong and succeeds, but I doubt he will.

he'll be awsome doing the espn arm throwing competition, but i don't think he's got the discipline to stufy film as much as a pro QB needs to. the pro Defenses are too precise. he'll be a 3rd string QB if he doesn't get cut.

If I were Tyler Bray, I'd have done the exact same thing. Go hire a personal trainer and try to blow them away at the Combine. If he's going to have to learn a new offense, he might as well get paid for it.

His problem is mental. He has a tremendous amount of talent but he is far from being mentally ready. A therapist would be a better hire than a personal trainer.

Reactions: 2 people
Good luck to Tyler Bray. Hope to see him playing on Sundays in the years to come. He will always be a VFL! Excited to see what the future brings for upcoming Vol qb's, etc. Best wishes to the Bray's and Go Vols!

VN Store

Back