2016 GA PF Romello White

I guess watching Carmichael foul everyone made me miss this part. I can't recall Jabari being a foul machine. oh well when you play hard in the paint it happens

lol...Yes, in the beginning Jabari fouled a lot. So people posted a lot about his foul troubles. But he did so many other things that helped win games. Things that the stat sheet won't show. IMO his good things outweighed the fouls. After all, he did have some high SEC rankings before he was injured. That's more than I can say for some folks.

Reactions: 1 person
As coach and many others have said, Jabari often guarded players three inches+ taller and 40 pounds heavier than him, so he struggled to avoid fouls. However, the much needed weight will help him control the fouls. I'm sure coach will recruit higher ranked players. We aren't concerned about it. Jabari has 4 years and great work ethics. His game will be much improved. :thumbsup:

I think Jabari would benefit the most by CRB bringing in a true 6'10 (or bigger guy). Jabari would be much better served guarding other team 4 man than trying to push much bigger guys out of the paint. He looks more suited to playing PF than he does center. If I remember correctly Jabari also had a decent jumper so being pushed out further on the floor on offense might open him up for more scoring. Jmo

Reactions: 2 people
I think Jabari would benefit the most by CRB bringing in a true 6'10 (or bigger guy). Jabari would be much better served guarding other team 4 man than trying to push much bigger guys out of the paint. He looks more suited to playing PF than he does center. If I remember correctly Jabari also had a decent jumper so being pushed out further on the floor on offense might open him up for more scoring. Jmo

Agree 100% which is why my posts about adding Izundu and a grad transfer big weren't knocks on mcghee, it's what would be better for him and the team IMO

Reactions: 4 people
Agree 100% which is why my posts about adding Izundu and a grad transfer big weren't knocks on mcghee, it's what would be better for him and the team IMO

UT will be much better served if Jabari only ever plays the 5 if Barnes "goes small". If he is asked to guard true centers night after night I think it will be hard for him to stay on the floor. He would physically be a match for most 4's in the conference however and i think he would shine there. Plus it would allow Armani to play the 3 where I think he belongs.

Reason #1 and the only reason that I care less about what you think:

I have every right to be here just as you. You don't like then you go to another board. I'll still be here.:shades:

And I have every right to call you out when you're acting like a child. I don't blame you for sticking up for you kid, but flying off the handle any time someone says something that could even possibly be construed as negative toward McGhee shows you can't be even remotely impartial about the situation and you should likely keep your distance. Croom's mom in the football forum is a good comparison.

Reactions: 7 people
And I have every right to call you out when you're acting like a child. I don't blame you for sticking up for you kid, but flying off the handle any time someone says something that could even possibly be construed as negative toward McGhee shows you can't be even remotely impartial about the situation and you should likely keep your distance. Croom's mom in the football forum is a good comparison.

Yep. I think Austin Sanders dad quit posting because of this too .

Reactions: 3 people
UT will be much better served if Jabari only ever plays the 5 if Barnes "goes small". If he is asked to guard true centers night after night I think it will be hard for him to stay on the floor. He would physically be a match for most 4's in the conference however and i think he would shine there. Plus it would allow Armani to play the 3 where I think he belongs.

I'm hoping he NEVER has to play the five. And I agree that Armani needs to play the 3.

Have to fess up. I was horrible as a little league baseball dad.

I'm hoping he NEVER has to play the five. And I agree that Armani needs to play the 3.

I could see it maybe in scenarios where UT plays a Belmont style team that shoots a bunch of 3 and isn't going to have a dominate big guy. Putting him at the 5 then wouldn't put him at a disadvantage on the block and he is still athletic enough to guard a "stretch" kind of guy out on the perimeter.

In SEC play we need a bigger guy to stack up. It's part of the reason Carmichael struggled all season with fouls.

You...calling me out? :eek:lol: That's a joke!
Find all the negative posts about Jabari (and there are plenty) where I flew off the handle with someone other than BTO then I will concede. I do not respond to all, just some. I do have the right to respond.

I have every right to respond to any posts. Others have offered constructive criticisms. However, BTO has been blatantly rude to me and only because I had to get on to his butt about some really nasty posts he made about Jabari. It wasn't constructive criticism it was downright nasty.

If you were a regular in the BB forum you would know what I'm talking about. I suggest that if you have a problem with what I post skip over it, don't respond, and keep it moving.

Last edited:
You calling me out? :eek:lol:
Find all the negative posts about Jabari (and there are plenty) where I flew off the handle with someone other than BTO then I will concede. I do not respond to all, just some. I do have the right to respond.

I have every right to respond to any posts. Others have offered constructive criticisms. However, BTO has been blatantly rude to me and only because I had to get on to his butt about some really nasty posts he made about Jabari. It wasn't constructive criticism it was downright nasty.

If you were a regular in the BB forum you would know what I'm talking about. I suggest that if you have a problem with what I post skip over it and keep it moving.
Yes, in this thread you flew off the handle. BTO didn't mention Jabari's name, you mentioned it, he agreed and needlessly apologized, and you took offense anyway.

Agree completely

You calling me out? :eek:lol:

If you were a regular in the BB forum you would know what I'm talking about. I suggest that if you have a problem with what I post skip over it and keep it moving.

Downright nasty? Would like to see those, you're really exaggerating, which is a perfect example of anything being said about Jabari, you taking the wrong way.

You...calling me out? :eek:lol: That's a joke!

If you were a regular in the BB forum you would know what I'm talking about. I suggest that if you have a problem with what I post skip over it, don't respond, and keep it moving.

AD, I like you and we have always been civil, but there are some elements of truth in what he's saying. Just being real with you. It is hard to see faults in people when you have a vested interest in them, and you have a much greater vested interest in Jabari than any of us do.

This is the type of conflict I warned of when your first started posting. It's hard to see others be critical of yoir loved ones, even if it is constructive because our first instinct is to come to their defense, evenif it means turning a blind eye to their obvious shortcomings. Keep posting here. You bring a good energy, but please realize, some people will be nasty and unfair, and some people will be unjustly over-positive. Everything in between isn't harsh. Sometimes it's just the truth that we don't allow ourselves to see.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, in this thread you flew off the handle. BTO didn't mention Jabari's name, you mentioned it, he agreed and needlessly apologized, and you took offense anyway.

People interpret things differently. What I read and get from it you may not get the same interpretation. It happens a lot on here and that's natural.

But when a family member posts a dislike or expresses a concern it seems to be a major problem.

VN Store

Back