2016 GA PF Romello White

"I just need to get to know the new coaches" sounds completely reasonable to me. Sounds like the ball is in the TN. coaching staff court.

Reactions: 1 person
It's going to be a long ride before we are relevant again. Still much quicker than turning around a football team though.

It's going to be a long ride before we are relevant again. Still much quicker than turning around a football team though.

Give me Ennis, Sulaimon, Izundu and Thorne and this is a NCAAT team...now, is that scenario likely? Not at all, but with the way transfer marker is now in CBB teams can turn around very quickly, watch auburn this season for proof.

Give me Ennis, Sulaimon, Izundu and Thorne and this is a NCAAT team...now, is that scenario likely? Not at all, but with the way transfer marker is now in CBB teams can turn around very quickly, watch auburn this season for proof.

I'd take Nwamu over Sulaimon (eligible immediately, and doesn't sexually assault people...allegedly) and agree with the rest. Ennis, Nwamu, and Izundu would be nice too if we couldn't land Thorne, which is unlikely atp.

I'd take Nwamu over Sulaimon (eligible immediately, and doesn't sexually assault people...allegedly) and agree with the rest. Ennis, Nwamu, and Izundu would be nice too if we couldn't land Thorne, which is unlikely atp.

Can see the Nwamu take, he's a volume shooter which scares me a little, very streaky, but we know first hand when he's hot watch out. Guys like that, Marshall Henderson also, scare me to be on what you're hoping is a good team. They can let it fly 20 times on a crap team because that's their only chance of success, Sulaimon to me is the better pure shooter, but can definitely see your side and the baggage is a valid point.

Can see the Nwamu take, he's a volume shooter which scares me a little, very streaky, but we know first hand when he's hot watch out. Guys like that, Marshall Henderson also, scare me to be on what you're hoping is a good team. They can let it fly 20 times on a crap team because that's their only chance of success, Sulaimon to me is the better pure shooter, but can definitely see your side and the baggage is a valid point.

Volume shooter is a valid concern. His shooting percentage dropped a bit this year due to his team's reliance on him as the primary scorer. Hopefully he could help in the scoring department without being the primary focus, helping to steady his percentage.

Mostly, I like his immediate eligibility, and only being on the hook for one year. Nwamu, Ennis, Moore, Reese, Punter, and Baulkman is a lot to replace in one cycle I guess.

I'm sad to admit I giggled at the "doesn't sexually assault people"

Volume shooter is a valid concern. His shooting percentage dropped a bit this year due to his team's reliance on him as the primary scorer. Hopefully he could help in the scoring department without being the primary focus, helping to steady his percentage.

Mostly, I like his immediate eligibility, and only being on the hook for one year. Nwamu, Ennis, Moore, Reese, Punter, and Baulkman is a lot to replace in one cycle I guess.

And that's been my concern as well about adding 2-3 grad transfers, it's kind of a double edged sword. If you wanna be good immediately the most likely way is add 2-3 graduate transfers, however that's going to hurt the actual development of the program. If you were to go that route and have 6-7 open scholarships next season, you likely have to go the grad transfer route again and look to take a class of 4-5 high school seniors and 2-3 graduate transfers, then the classes would start to even out. Now, the plus to that, you are selling a lot of playing time to high school kids in the next class if you're gfaduatung 6-7 seniors, you recruit them and lock up 3-4 in the early period, then hit the grad transfer ranks come April and look to add 3 immediately eligible guys.

There has to be an appeal too though of taking say Ennis, Nwamu, Kouassi and Izundu (3 graduate transfers), making this roster a legitimate NCAAT team when most are thinking bottom of the SEC. That would immediately buy credibility with the HS kids looking at Tennessee, and would have this fanbase buying in like they haven't in a few years now.

Just a thought.

I'm not for 2-3 Grad transfers, however, Barnes knows how to recruit. If he feels he can replace 6-7 players in one cycle, I'm all for it. Winning now doesn't sound all that bad as long as it doesn't hurt us long term.

I'm not for 2-3 Grad transfers, however, Barnes knows how to recruit. If he feels he can replace 6-7 players in one cycle, I'm all for it. Winning now doesn't sound all that bad as long as it doesn't hurt us long term.

What becomes a concern is that Barnes made mention he thinks grad transfers could be done away with next season, if that's the case and we've glt 6-7 open spots that would hurt bad, I would want clarification from NCAA if I was him.

What becomes a concern is that Barnes made mention he thinks grad transfers could be done away with next season, if that's the case and we've glt 6-7 open spots that would hurt bad, I would want clarification from NCAA if I was him.

What's at the JuCo ranks that could help us? We need a PG very badly. Our post situation isn't ideal either, but currently we don't have a PG.

Just watched White's highlights and he plays like Cofer a lot. Man I wish we would have landed Cofer.

What's at the JuCo ranks that could help us? We need a PG very badly. Our post situation isn't ideal either, but currently we don't have a PG.

Not too much left in JUCO as far as PG's go, here's the JUCO's from my potential targets list...

Martavian Payne 6'2" 185lbs 15.7ppg 4.4rpg 2.8apg 43%fg 37%3pt 73%ft JUCO

Mychal Mulder 6'4" 184lbs 15.7ppg 6.4rpg 49%fg 46%3pt 80%ft JUCO

Ty Outlaw 6'5" 200lbs 21.8ppg 5rpg 50%fg 44%3pt 75%ft JUCO

Novian Cherry SF 6'5" 215lbs 21.9ppg 6.3rpg 2apg 39%fg 22%3pt 78%ft JUCO

Deshawn Freeman 6'7" 200lbs 18.7ppg 9.3rpg 55%fg 32%3pt 65%ft JUCO

Ray Kasongo 6'9" 235lbs 6ppg 4.9rpg JUCO

Personally, Mulder & Outlaw are my favorites, high level scorers who shoot the ball very well from outside and are built well, would be very pleased to see either of them added to this roster.

VN Store

Back