2016 GA PF Romello White

Letters don't mean anything in basketball recruiting, high majors will send out thousands of letters of interest, some to guys who will never even play D1.

Now White us legit, let me be clear on this, I'm just speaking in general terms of recruiting.

I agree. I get letters from KUB, financial aid, Uverse collections, etc. Div I collection agencies.

Wish he could re-classify to 2015. Highlight video I know, but he looks like a really good finisher around the rim. We need that!!!

That dunk at the 1:16 mark is nice.

@hoopseen: First ever recruiting scoop on @periscopeco? Romello White tells us he's scheduled to speak with new Tennessee coach Rick Barnes tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 people
@hoopseen: First ever recruiting scoop on @periscopeco? Romello White tells us he's scheduled to speak with new Tennessee coach Rick Barnes tomorrow.

Yes I spotted this as well and put it into the recruiting news forum. I think this is a good sign, and I actually tweeted him today. Told him I thought he was an outstanding basketball player and that I hope he sticks with UT. He retweeted and favorites it, and replied with a thank you and a big smiley face. I still think he wants to be a vol, and I definitely think Barnes will want to keep him. He is a super athletic PF.

Possible 2016 class

PG Quentin Gooden 6'2" 165lb(Kent.)
SF/PF Braxton Blackwell 6'8" 220lb(TN)
PF Romello White 6'9" 215lb(committed currently)(FL)
C Abdul Ado 6'10" 230lb(TN)
SG/SF Clayton Hughes 6'5" 185lb(TN)

If Barnes can dominate the state in recruiting this type of class is very possible next year. Would be one of the top classes in the country, and I think its actually possible. If we get a 5th year transfer(which I think we will) that means we will be losing Moore,Reese,Punter,Baulkman, and that 5th year guy. That opens up 5 Schollys for next recruiting cycle, and I do believe these are the guys we should go after. This is very possibly a great year of recruiting for us in 2016's cycle.

Yes I spotted this as well and put it into the recruiting news forum. I think this is a good sign, and I actually tweeted him today. Told him I thought he was an outstanding basketball player and that I hope he sticks with UT. He retweeted and favorites it, and replied with a thank you and a big smiley face. I still think he wants to be a vol, and I definitely think Barnes will want to keep him. He is a super athletic PF.

:no: :banghead2:

Reactions: 4 people

Possible 2016 class

PG Quentin Gooden 6'2" 165lb(Kent.)
SF/PF Braxton Blackwell 6'8" 220lb(TN)
PF Romello White 6'9" 215lb(committed currently)(FL)
C Abdul Ado 6'10" 230lb(TN)
SG/SF Clayton Hughes 6'5" 185lb(TN)

If Barnes can dominate the state in recruiting this type of class is very possible next year. Would be one of the top classes in the country, and I think its actually possible. If we get a 5th year transfer(which I think we will) that means we will be losing Moore,Reese,Punter,Baulkman, and that 5th year guy. That opens up 5 Schollys for next recruiting cycle, and I do believe these are the guys we should go after. This is very possibly a great year of recruiting for us in 2016's cycle.

We will see Abdul Ado and Blackwell in this class with Barnes and his staff more than likely already communicating with them but I wouldn't rule out bigger prospects than Hughes. Hughes is good and could be a starter in 2 years or so but I think Barnes can bring in a huge 2016 class especially if he is conservative in 2015. Sky is the limit with the Facilities we have, the playing time available, the fan base and the coach we have.

Reactions: 2 people
If we can land Blackwell and Ado I'll be ecstatic. They should be 1 and 2 on our big board.

Any info about how Barnes meeting with White went? Really hoping we can keep him on board. That group of Blackwell, Ado, and White could be special.

2016 power forward romello white spoke to 247sports about his status with tennessee at the adidas gauntlet in dallas, texas.

"i don't even know," said white when asked about his status with tennessee, "i'm midway. I mean it is hard to explain, but i'm still committed. I just need to get to know the new coaches."

tennessee assistant chris ogden watched white play this weekend, and white said that the tennessee coaching staff has communicated to him that they want him to be a volunteer.

6-8, 225-pounds and back at peachtree ridge high school in georgia, white said other school are recruiting him including texas a&m and kansas state.

true, report sounded good to me. At least he is saying we are still in it.

I don't even know," said white when asked about his status with Tennessee, ("iffy" and unsure IMO) "I'm midway. I mean it is hard to explain,( midway sounds like 50/50-"hard to explain" sounds like he maybe a little confused) but i'm still committed. (this sounds promising) I just need to get to know the new coaches."

Now this is just my analysis of White's statement. FWIW...

It doesn't sound good to me. He may be swinging on the gate since the coaches that recruited him are gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't even know," said white when asked about his status with Tennessee, ("iffy" and unsure IMO) "I'm midway. I mean it is hard to explain,( midway sounds like 50/50-"hard to explain" sounds like he maybe a little confused) but i'm still committed. (this sounds promising) I just need to get to know the new coaches."

Now this is just my analysis of White's statement. FWIW...

It doesn't sound good to me. He may be swinging on the gate since the coaches that recruited him are gone.

Right, but we are saying swinging on the gate is better than completely off the fence

VN Store

Back