'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

So far the kid has seemed like an Alabama lock for sure, but I wonder what the Kirven/Tomlinson pickup does here. It will be interesting to see. Unfortunately, if the kid wants to be Bama bound, he'll go there regardless. How else can you explain their recruiting classes the last few years?

So far the kid has seemed like an Alabama lock for sure, but I wonder what the Kirven/Tomlinson pickup does here. It will be interesting to see. Unfortunately, if the kid wants to be Bama bound, he'll go there regardless. How else can you explain their recruiting classes the last few years?

Having his HS caoch a former UA player on the 92 team helps and the fact that he stays with him during the season when his father is working over night in Atlanta. If you ask UGA fans his coach is pushing him to UA. I hope so because anything helps in recruiting.:)

Having his HS caoch a former UA player on the 92 team helps and the fact that he stays with him during the season when his father is working over night in Atlanta. If you ask UGA fans his coach is pushing him to UA. I hope so because anything helps in recruiting.:)

I will agree with you and I believe it is a done deal to Bama, has been for a while. There was a rumor that his HS coach has been co#k-blocking the UGA coaches from talking to Nkemdiche. I don't know for sure if it is true.

Grayson, GA is very pro-UGA. I have a feeling this recruitment is going to get very ugly before it's all said and done.

I will agree with you and I believe it is a done deal to Bama, has been for a while. There was a rumor that his HS coach has been co#k-blocking the UGA coaches from talking to Nkemdiche. I don't know for sure if it is true.

Grayson, GA is very pro-UGA. I have a feeling this recruitment is going to get very ugly before it's all said and done.

I really doubt he is pushing him to one school over another but I have heard that he has an issue with the UGA staff. Have no idea what or if true but it sounds like it may be.

Not so fast my friends!

#wishfulthinking

I am not worried one bit about MSU. Ole miss in on list not MSU and that is only because his brother told Ole Miss if they will sign him last year he could get his brother to come with him. Basically Denzel promised them a package deal but Ole Miss never talked with Robert. After Ole Miss signed Denzel, Robert was interviewed and said he would look at Ole Miss but there was no package deal.

I am not worried one bit about MSU. Ole miss in on list not MSU and that is only because his brother told Ole Miss if they will sign him last year he could get his brother to come with him. Basically Denzel promised them a package deal but Ole Miss never talked with Robert. After Ole Miss signed Denzel, Robert was interviewed and said he would look at Ole Miss but there was no package deal.

Incorrect sir

Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Oregon.

Colleges already line up for 2013's top football prospect - ESPN

am i saying we sign him? of course not...it's the #1 player in the US. But he is at least going to give us a look, despite what was mentioned above.

Last edited:
Incorrect sir

Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Oregon.

Colleges already line up for 2013's top football prospect - ESPN

am i saying we sign him? of course not...it's the #1 player in the US. But he is at least going to give us a look, despite what was mentioned above.

That is ESPN naming his schools. That is not him being quoted. You should not rely on what ESPN thinks a kid is doing. They are wrong more than they are right. Last week he named a top 5 of UA, FSU, LSU, Oregon and Ole Miss. Per RN himself not a writer speculating. Find me a direct quote from RN that he includes MSU and I will believe you.

MSU thinks because he lived for a while with his team mate that signed with MSU he is considering them now. That only happened because people starting giving his HC a hard time because they say he is pushing him to UA. Until I see RN say MSU is in it will not believe it and then I am not worried about them. I am not saying he is a UA lock but I like our chances.

That is ESPN naming his schools. That is not him being quoted. You should not rely on what ESPN thinks a kid is doing. They are wrong more than they are right. Last week he named a top 5 of UA, FSU, LSU, Oregon and Ole Miss. Per RN himself not a writer speculating. Find me a direct quote from RN that he includes MSU and I will believe you.

MSU thinks because he lived for a while with his team mate that signed with MSU he is considering them now. That only happened because people starting giving his HC a hard time because they say he is pushing him to UA. Until I see RN say MSU is in it will not believe it and then I am not worried about them. I am not saying he is a UA lock but I like our chances.

1. There is a quote of Robert saying he would "probably go" where Scheussler goes....i think that was a ploy to get the kid an offer, but Robert said it.

ETA: linked article but premium info 247sports

2. what part of the article is ESPN naming his schools?? The part where the article says, He(RN) says he's most interested in Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Oregon. ??

3. I like Bama's chances too...all i was saying was, we were mentioned in this article from today (not last week :salute:)

UGA not even in his top 5 schools? I know it's early but boy did they **** the bed on that one if this is the case.

1. There is a quote of Robert saying he would "probably go" where Scheussler goes....i think that was a ploy to get the kid an offer, but Robert said it.

ETA: linked article but premium info 247sports

2. what part of the article is ESPN naming his schools?? The part where the article says, He(RN) says he's most interested in Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Oregon. ??

3. I like Bama's chances too...all i was saying was, we were mentioned in this article from today (not last week :salute:)

The same thing was being said when Ole Miss signed his brother but RN will go to any school he wants. And regarding playing time he will play as a true freshman anywhere.

The only schools that are a threat to UA right now would be FSU and LSU. But RN has already stated any school that recruits him to be a DL has no chance for his services and he does not want to play in a 4-3 because he is afrais that they will try and make him play with his hands down.

He also has been quoted many times that he wants to play for a coach that requires discipline of his players and runs a tough program.

No offense and I am not being a UA homer because I could see RN signing elsewhere besides UA, but I see now way that MSU has a real chance. They have nothing to offer him that many others could offer better. Also he is smarter than most recruits in regards to the games out there and his HC is basically helping him with the process and RN is not going to be part of a package deal to a school. So the team mate that signed with MSU will have no bearing

This is from his home town newspaper yesterday and it does not mention FSU, Ole Miss or MSU.

Nkemdiche lists Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Oregon and Southern California as his favorite schools

And BTW the whole article is about him being there for his team mate while he officially signed with MSU. All he says in the article is he will visit. My guess would be an UOV if that. And I read other sites where MSU fans are jumping for joy because RN showed up in a MSU t shirt but as he says that was only to support his friend.

Gwinnett Daily Post | College recruiting turns to rising senior class

That is 3 different articles in the last week where he has named different favorites. The only thing that is the same in each one is UA, LSU, and Oregon.

In reagrds to the 247 article that I saw, the only recent paid article I saw where he said he would enjoy playing with him but I did not see it say he would probably go. Maybe I missed it. But the bottom line is if RN decided to go to one of the lower teams in the SEC and to the state of MS why would he go to MSU and not Ole Miss. His mother already said she would love for them to play together.

If RN enrolls in a school in the state of MS it will be Ole Miss to play with his real brother.

At least the thread has VFL's posting in it now. HG,UGA, and tnice were taking it over. Also, i also would like to know who kordele patterson is.

GO VOLS!!

He said he would considered them when they were trying to sign his brother. During his brother's recruitment, his brother told Ole Miss that Robert would go to school where he goes. So Ole Misss signed his brother. The next week Robert was quoted as saying he never said he would follow his brother and that he would consider them, but he will not end up there.

In short his brother leveraged his recruiting by trying to sell them as a package deal and Ole Miss fell for it.

Doesn't matter. It's still Ole Miss. They don't get players like this (sans Oher and Eli).

UGA not even in his top 5 schools? I know it's early but boy did they **** the bed on that one if this is the case.

We were one of his first offers and have recruited him as hard as anyone, but its just like Montravious Adams, if a kid doesnt want to go to a school hes not gonna go. Adams says he wants to go out of state, and with that said we have a MUCH better chance at him than RN.

In short, Nkemdiche is not coming to UGA. Hes a great kid and best of luck to him at (prolly) UA.

Last edited:
In-state allegiance is dying. Especially in a state like GA where it seems 90% of the residents were born somewhere else. Im from Cali myself

If RN enrolls in a school in the state of MS it will be Ole Miss to play with his real brother.

The rumor mill in MS suggests that Denzel(Nkemdiche) is unhappy at Ole Miss and looking to get out of Oxford. Had the previous coaching staff remained, he would've transferred at the end of this season. He decided to stick around through the spring to give the new guys a chance, but it still a possible summer transfer.

I know that Robert has already been on(at least one) UOV to Oxford. I believe it was for the BYU game last year, but I could be mistaken there. Either way, he's seen that place.

Don't take any of this as actual suggestions that I honestly believe he may land in Starkville...because I'm not even remotely making those claims. I find the comments of not wanting to play in a 4-3 interesting though. What position is Saban recruiting him for? Jack lb?

VN Store

Back