'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

So much for the UGA package deal and I would bet money his brother Robert does not end up at Ole Miss.

After his visit this week to Ole Miss, Georgia Safety/CB Denzel Nkemdiche pulled the trigger for the Rebels and committed.

Scout.com: Nkemdiche commits to Rebs

So much for the package deal period, it wasn't just for UGA. We know OM won't land it.

There is no chance that Robert follows his brother's gullible lead and goes to OM, I agree. No top prospect wants to throw away their career by going to OM and having Nutt ruin their NFL chances.

I am not as sure it sticks, checker. His test scores are not back and cleared yet and OM is the only school that has given him a firm offer. UGA wanted to be sure he will qualify before they did. If he can't wait until the clearinghouse has decided his passing score is legit, it throws up a big red flag. What I was told is that he verbally committed but has not yet sent in his LOI.

If everything is on the up and up, he could be just making sure he has a spot at OM and switch his commit to us. I don't expect that to happen though. He will most likely stick and end up getting screwed over by Nutt in the end. Tough s**t for him if he can't see past the lies. :dunno:

If Robert is as good as advertised then it won't matter where he goes, he'll still land in the NFL. OM has produced plenty of NFLers and so has Nutt. take that argument somewhere else.

If Robert is as good as advertised then it won't matter where he goes, he'll still land in the NFL. OM has produced plenty of NFLers and so has Nutt. take that argument somewhere else.

You an OM fan? Nutt is hands down the worst coach in the SEC, it isn't even close. He is barely worthy of CUSA. OM and Nutt have sent plenty of players, but not even close to as many as either of our teams have. Sure he would likely make it to the NFL, but the fact is that any player is more likely to make the NFL from UGA, UF, Bama, UT, etc than OM. Even if they are good enough to make the NFL despite Nutt, it is likely to hurt said players draft status. Unless you are a RB, Nutt does you no favors. Certainly you can find outliers and Robert may well prove to be one, but I think we won't have to find out. He is smarter than that and won't be a Reb. He will go to a school that is likely to get him there even if he doesn't perform up to his recruiting expectations.

More to the real point, you are kidding yourself if you think the likely #1 DE in the country wants to suit up for the perennial West basement dwellers.

Anyway, it wasn't so much a point as it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the Rebels. DN has talent and developed properly could probably achieve a late-round pick, too bad that won't happen at OM. If he does get drafted, I will never post here again, if I still am when that time rolls around.

Denzel's decision was easy really, go to UGA and play on special teams and see a handful of snaps at ILB in garbage time...or go to OM and be a possible defensive starter. That is why I don't think he will back out of his commit. Provided his scores are OK and he is truly qualified.

But there is absolutely no chance in hell whatsoever that Robert follows him to Oxford. Barring some serious injury or loss of playing ability that drops him to a 2* for him between now and NSD '13.

Last edited:
OM is still the SEC, and the players there have good opportunities to display their talent.

RN is being touted as a rare talent, and if it holds true then he'll go first round no matter what.

If he was really good, but not great, then I believe your point to hold true, he'd be better served playing for a powerhouse.

Maybe the announcement that they would play together was a bluff to get DN more offers? Or, maybe it was real.

I've only followed recruiting for two years, and one thing I learned is that I'm always surprised. Not that I kid myself, or that I'm an idiot; but, I am surprised at some commitments by high rated recruits to low ranking teams.

Those were coach yaw yaw's recruits.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

OM is still the SEC, and the players there have good opportunities to display their talent.

RN is being touted as a rare talent, and if it holds true then he'll go first round no matter what.

If he was really good, but not great, then I believe your point to hold true, he'd be better served playing for a powerhouse.

Maybe the announcement that they would play together was a bluff to get DN more offers? Or, maybe it was real.

I've only followed recruiting for two years, and one thing I learned is that I'm always surprised. Not that I kid myself, or that I'm an idiot; but, I am surprised at some commitments by high rated recruits to low ranking teams.

Also though if you read only Denzel said they would play together in college not Robert. Robert said he would look into it and consider but Robert never claimed he would guarantee to sign with the same school. Again that was Denzel leveraging his brother.

Now does that not mean they want to play together, they probably do, but Robert will not end up at Ole Miss and has his pick of any school. Most experts are now saying Robert is ahead of Clowney at this point and I am sure he will pick the best school out there. Not trying to downplay Ole Miss but Robert does not have to settle like his brother.

I agree with that, I was talking more about Denzel's chances. He really is a good talent, just needs polish. Polish he won't get with the subpar staff at OM.

FWIW, hearing now that is it likely that RN was already a brainwashed-by-Conn Bama silent and that is why DN went to OM. If true, I am happy. I like DN, but I didn't want him without RN.

Also, as big as he is already, RN is likely to outgrow OLB over this summer and I don't know that he will get big enough to be effective at 3-4 DE. He looks to me like a 4-3 DE, like Clowney, not that I wouldn't love to get him anyway and see what he can do wherever we can put him, lol. If he wants to make a maximum impact in college though, he will go to a 4-3 team, not Bama or UGA.

Also though if you read only Denzel said they would play together in college not Robert. Robert said he would look into it and consider but Robert never claimed he would guarantee to sign with the same school. Again that was Denzel leveraging his brother.

Now does that not mean they want to play together, they probably do, but Robert will not end up at Ole Miss and has his pick of any school. Most experts are now saying Robert is ahead of Clowney at this point and I am sure he will pick the best school out there. Not trying to downplay Ole Miss but Robert does not have to settle like his brother.

Exactly. Nobody with that broad of a pick of schools chooses OM unless they grew up a fan...and even then I wouldn't be sure. For someone on his level, OM is settling...it was almost settling for Denzel, tbh. He is one of the better prospects they have pulled in in a while.

As far as him being ahead of Clowney...the sports media is probably the worst of all types of media about throwing around unchecked hyperbole. Maybe it gets thrown around with politics more, but it is very close. RN isn't that good, YET, I have seen him play. He might be by graduation, but to say that now is such an exaggeration you may as well just call it a bold-faced lie by those experts. He will be a game-changer regardless though, whether he is better, equal to, or slightly worse than Clowney was coming out.

The 6-foot-4, 260-pound sensation lived up to his lofty billing. Check that; he exceeded it. Nkemdiche not only was the defensive star of the day, but his 5-yard touchdown run provided his team with the winning points. Nkemdiche was around the action seemingly every play - when the ball went at him and even when it went in the opposite direction. His quickness at the snap is simply too much for most to handle, and even on double teams he had little trouble breaking free and getting into the backfield. If Nkemdiche wasn't making tackles, he was altering plays by blowing past or blowing up offensive linemen. He also showed an excellent ability to turn his hips, quickly change direction and pursue the play until it was over. And for a lineman, he reached top speed rather well.

- Rivals

Guy sounds like a monster.

Vitals: Strongside defensive end, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson, 6-4/265

Why he’s a five-star: There are many that believe that Robert Nkemdiche may be the best prospect in the country this year, regardless of class. Some of those sentiments rest within the 247sports staff. Nkemdiche is a physical specimen. He weighs 265-plus with hardly any fat on him, has the ability to play off the edge, or move inside and play defensive tackle. He even lines up at running back in his high school’s run-heavy offense. Nkemdiche has all the makings of one of the top prospects we’ve seen in a long time.

Recruitment: Though he is not close to making a decision, Alabama is the clear favorite early in the process. Ole Miss made a play for his signature by signing his older brother, Denzel Nkemdiche as a late addition to its 2011 class and Georgia will give chase along with much of the rest of the country.

5 star

Neither Rivals or Scout show a UT offer. Did I miss something there...looks like a no brainer but maybe they want him to come to camp first.

This guy is a monster. I just saw him on an FSS recruiting show. He's being dubbed the J Clowney of 2013.

Tennessee was on his list on the screen, but when asked about his favorites he said "Alabama, LSU, Florida State and Ole Miss".

The thread has him listed as a DT but he will be a huge DE.

Rumor is Bama may be in it more than some think for J Winston and E Goldman. If they land Goldman + Nkemdiche... I don't know what I will do.

J Winston is the best QB this year also, IMO.

This guy is a monster. I just saw him on an FSS recruiting show. He's being dubbed the J Clowney of 2013.

Tennessee was on his list on the screen, but when asked about his favorites he said "Alabama, LSU, Florida State and Ole Miss".

The thread has him listed as a DT but he will be a huge DE.

Ole miss? As in the university of Mississippi? Wh-huh?

Hugh Freeze is a great recruiter. There was a reason Orangoutang wanted him on his staff.

I'm sure he is a great recruiter. But still.

Maybe he's like Big Tom Callahan. Could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman in white gloves.

Maybe he's like Big Tom Callahan. Could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman in white gloves.

That, and he is a decent coach. Just not proven as a head coach. Dooley light IMO.

OM signed his bro and their mom wants them to go to the same school. That's why OM is a player. He won't go there though. His hs coach is his babysitter when his dad works late. His coach is an ex bammer player and pushing him hard.

Just info I got from reading the whole thread. I'm a nerd that way...:)

Hey. I'm big Tom's son. He'll fix everything, so I'm allowed to be a moron.

VN Store

Back