'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

Kirby Smart... if you are lucky.

IMO Richt has one more year of underachieving before he is fired... If UGA has a year like they did last year, he is gone.

Unless Kirby has a direct phone line to Saban during every game, I wouldn't want him as my HC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Unless Kirby has a direct phone line to Saban during every game, I wouldn't want him as my HC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's what I've been saying the whole time.

I'm sure Kirby is a very good coach but who do you think really runs that Bama D. Saban is a very smart man and Kirby's coaching abilities is not the only reason why Saban loves Kirby.

Kirby as UGA HC, I'll believe it when I see it.

Although there is still a LONG way to go before anything is settled, how amusing would it be should Bama be screwed out of their advantage for Robert by their oversigning this year? They still have a ways to go cutting the numbers to 85 this summer and so I doubt they can offer DEnzel should he qualify. However, this IS bama, some kid will just as likely be informed that he will be paying his own this fall to make room if need be.

Although there is still a LONG way to go before anything is settled, how amusing would it be should Bama be screwed out of their advantage for Robert by their oversigning this year? They still have a ways to go cutting the numbers to 85 this summer and so I doubt they can offer DEnzel should he qualify. However, this IS bama, some kid will just as likely be informed that he will be paying his own this fall to make room if need be.

FWIH, Bama is currently 10 over. It would take an epic culling to make room for Denzel, though I wouldn't put it past the Leprechaun. As things currently stand they cannot offer Denzel, and considering what it would take to make room, probably won't, just try to pull Robert without him.

Georgia: "I'm about 35 minutes away from Georgia. It's home. I've always kind of liked Georgia. Education wise, it's about academics for me, too. I just feel like I'll get a good education over there. They have what I'm looking for."

According to Nkemdiche, his younger brother, 2013 defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche, plans to eventually join him at whichever school he picks. Robert Nkemdiche figures to be among the country's most coveted prospects in his class.

"It's about 100 percent we're playing at the same school," Denzel Nkemdiche said. "He wants to stay in the [Southeastern Conference]. "

-Rivals

Denzel is deciding between UGA & Ole Miss on the 23rd of May.

FWIH, Bama is currently 10 over. It would take an epic culling to make room for Denzel, though I wouldn't put it past the Leprechaun. As things currently stand they cannot offer Denzel, and considering what it would take to make room, probably won't, just try to pull Robert without him.

Actually UA is only 8 over since AD just died. Sorry he will not count towards our class now. Also we have 4 players who graduated in Dec. with their degree and will not return, even though they could play one more year. Since Nov it was rumored that 5 players would be transferring, one being BJ Scott. So if the info is correct about the departures of early graduates and the other 4 that are transferring we are at 85 going into the fall not counting 2 names of players who are still injured(possible medical hardships), and anyone that may not qualify( 2 have been mentioned). So that could open up 4 more spots going into the fall and if the last 2 scenarios did not happen and we added someone we could still grayshirt a player which right now does not appear to happening.

Regarding his brother he could easily replace AD's spot on the roster. But either way it does not matter because UA in the end will be fine with whoever CNS signs. Unlike some other coaches in the league he does really well with who he gets.

Regarding his brother he could easily replace AD's spot on the roster. But either way it does not matter because UA in the end will be fine with whoever CNS signs. Unlike some other coaches in the league he does really well with who he gets.

Well, of course, not counting the ones who, you know, transfer.... Basically Saban misses as much as any other coach. He just cuts the deadwood with no remorse.

I'm sure the family of a player cut from the team feels the same way.

I was an NCAA athlete and it was understood that scholarships were not auto-renewable. Matter of fact I inadvertantly caused a guy to get his pulled because while working out with the sprinters (ran Track obviously). For two weeks I practiced with them, I was hanging well with most the guys and continuously smoking this one. Coach pulled him in and pulled his scholly.

I'm not saying it's pretty business, but I hope fully hope and expect CDD to cut someone's scholarship if the are not performing up to expectations and show no will to improve. That's how you create a winning program that knows they are being held accountable.

Just my :twocents:.

I was an NCAA athlete and it was understood that scholarships were not auto-renewable. Matter of fact I inadvertantly caused a guy to get his pulled because while working out with the sprinters (ran Track obviously). For two weeks I practiced with them, I was hanging well with most the guys and continuously smoking this one. Coach pulled him in and pulled his scholly.

I'm not saying it's pretty business, but I hope fully hope and expect CDD to cut someone's scholarship if the are not performing up to expectations and show no will to improve. That's how you create a winning program that knows they are being held accountable.

Just my :twocents:.

Good to hear your story and I have to agree with your thoughts, its not a pretty business at all.

My biggest beef is that you want to label these so-called Student Athletes as Amateurs whose only benefit is a "free education." These kids can't benefit from their work but yet a school can drop them if the coach feels like they are not performing to his standards. There is something really wrong with that.

I get the part of the scholarships being a one year deal. I would have no problem with that if a kid would not be held to the insane Amateurism rules of the NCAA.

Something is very wrong here and I predict a landmark case that will end all of this foolishness.

Good to hear your story and I have to agree with your thoughts, its not a pretty business at all.

My biggest beef is that you want to label these so-called Student Athletes as Amateurs whose only benefit is a "free education." These kids can't benefit from their work but yet a school can drop them if the coach feels like they are not performing to his standards. There is something really wrong with that.

I get the part of the scholarships being a one year deal. I would have no problem with that if a kid would not be held to the insane Amateurism rules of the NCAA.

Something is very wrong here and I predict a landmark case that will end all of this foolishness.

I can agree with that looking much bigger picture than I was thinking. The first thing that going to have to happen (and this is not very PC) is recognize and accept that no sports make money except Football and Men's Basketball and create a different standard starting there. Some may feel it's not fair, but it is reality.

My concern is that we are too PC as a society to do this right, and that the NCAA is to inept to do this right. I was our sports representative for the Title IX board when I was in school and I used to rail on the lack of logic that was employed with it's execution, and it leaves me little hope that this issue can be resolved logically. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: 1 person
I can agree with that looking much bigger picture than I was thinking. The first thing that going to have to happen (and this is not very PC) is recognize and accept that no sports make money except Football and Men's Basketball and create a different standard starting there. Some may feel it's not fair, but it is reality.

My concern is that we are too PC as a society to do this right, and that the NCAA is to inept to do this right. I was our sports representative for the Title IX board when I was in school and I used to rail on the lack of logic that was employed with it's execution, and it leaves me little hope that this issue can be resolved logically. I guess we'll see.

That's the frustrating part man. If you're involved in a business that makes money, shouldn't you be rewarded? That's what America is all about. You don't use the basketball and football money to pay for Men's Lacrosse, no offense to anybody who plays Lacrosse.

Title IX is a joke. The Student Athletes will stand up for themselves sooner or later. The NCAA will punish you if you talk to somebody outside of the school's coaching staff. They don't want you talking to somebody that might explain to you how the NCAA is screwing you.

We all know about the proffessional players union. The Student Athletes will come together at some point and revolt against the system. Can you imagine an Iron Bowl with no players to play? It will happen at some point.

I believe that his brother Denzel is leveraging his brother to help with his recruitment. Alot of people, especially UGA fans seem to think if they offer and take Denzel it is a package deal and they get Robert. It does not appear that way. It may help but Robert says he will think about it.

•Denzel via cell from Ole Miss: “We’re definitely going to do a ‘package deal’ because that’s what our mom wants us to do. Ole Miss hasn’t mentioned Robert to me. But wherever I sign, that’s where Robert is probably going to sign.”

•Robert: “I’m thinking about it. Wherever my brother goes, I’m going to check it out. .”

Also regarding Denzel the NCAA is not convinced that Denzel has turned his academic success around so quickly on the legit side. Apparantly his test increased so high that the NCAA flagged his scores and made him retake it and he is now waiting for the results.

“Denzel still hasn’t qualified, as of yet. He has taken the SAT and the last time he really improved with his score, so much so that it got flagged. I mean, he studied hard and prepared for it and blew it out of the water. The NCAA made him take it again, and we should know his score by the end of this week

Again they are still waiting on Denzel's to qualify and if I had to guess Denzel will end up at Ole Miss.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...eal-robert-and-denzel-nkemdiche-updated/?cp=2

VN Store

Back