'12 JUCO DT Damien Jacobs (Florida signee)

Florida and depleted should not be in the same sentence. All those top 5 classes you guys have had during his entire tenure really lift a massive talent void didn't it?

Perma, we're down to 68 scholarship players, bro. And some of those 5 stars like Ronald Powell, Deonte Thompson, etc., turned out to be pretty mediocre players.

ESPN reported the other day that only Ole Miss had less players selected for All-SEC first and second teams than UF. That should tell you a lot about the position Meyer left us in.

Regarding why Muschamp left Saban's staff, Saban brought in Dom Capers to run the defense in Miami instead of promoting Will. He has since apologized and said it was one of the bigger mistakes he's ever made as a coach because Will deserved that job and would've done an outstanding job. Instead, Muschamp wound up going to Auburn where he would continue to field top 10 defenses and actually bested Saban in the 07 Iron Bowl. However, Saban got revenge in the Rose Bowl when Muschamp was with Texas.

Regarding the attrition issue, I do think it's something that the country should try to appreciate about UF. We've basically been on a self-imposed probation - down to only 68 players - thanks to Meyer's ineptitude and mismanagement of the program. The irony is that Ohio State only had 9 scholarship reductions from the NCAA yesterday and we're already way worse off thanks to Meyer. It really blows your mind, you know?

But we'll be okay. Like I said, folks, what we're witnessing right now (exemplified through this Damien Jacobs commitment) is a cultural shift. Here's a simple equation to help you envision it: 1984 UF toughness and fundamentals + Modern UF recruiting prowess = new era of Gator dominance. Up until this point, UF has never combined a legitimate NFL system with it's elite status. That's why, even with the success of Meyer and Spurrier, we couldn't reel in recruits like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, Willis McGahee, etc....but now that is all about to change. Exciting things are happening in the swamplands.

Do some serious self-reflection ok. Think back to the point where you thought, "TENNESSEE fans will care about what I say about UF." Now, consider and ponder about the reasoning that lead you to that conclusion and make sure, from this point forward, you ALWAYS do the opposite. I think it may help you in life because you're completely clueless if you think we care about anything you say.

Sry for quoting this turd fellas.

Reactions: 1 person
Do some serious self-reflection ok. Think back to the point where you thought, "TENNESSEE fans will care about what I say about UF." Now, consider and ponder about the reasoning that lead you to that conclusion and make sure, from this point forward, you ALWAYS do the opposite. I think it may help you in life because you're completely clueless if you think we care about anything you say.

Sry for quoting this turd fellas.

The guy is super trolling right now...Quit quoting him.

We've won 15 games plus will get another bowl win in a few days the last 2 seasons. And that is with recruiting classes in the averaging in the 30's...

With Mullen pulling top 25 classes, we will remain > Tennessee as we have been the last 2 years

:dance2:

I think you need to put the crackpipe down.

MSU Recruiting(Rivals):
2010-38th
2011-44th
2012-currently 30th
Not seeing the top 25 classes you are referring to. But carry on looking like a clown.

Snow- There's no way we'll go 5-7 next year. Our schedule is much more favorable and we won't have anywhere near the injuries/lack of depth that we faced this year. This year really was the perfect storm: new coaching regime, lack of depth, injuries, brutal schedule. The irony is that, without the crippling injuries, we're probably looking at a 2 or 3 loss season in Muschamp's first year, which is pretty solid. We would have beaten Auburn, USCe, and FSU, no doubts in my mind.

I just don't think Vol fans understand the paradigm shift that is happening at UF right now. That's why there is so much confusion in this thread about Jacobs' decision. Vols and other rivals are looking at this thing from one angle and are failing to see the bigger picture: that UF has developed a whole new identity. You guys are so used to seeing us use our speed to run around teams on the perimeter that it's going to look weird next year when Matt Jones is smashing between the tackles and dragging defenders 10 yards downfield. The SEC teams will need to schedule extra sessions in the ice baths after the UF games, because whether you beat us or not, we're going to start physically wailing on people. Up until now, the Gators have always been driving a little souped up sports car through the SEC, but now we're going to come rumbling through the conference in a tank.

I love when posters from rival teams make some opinionated guess about the future and try to pass it off as fact.

Snow- There's no way we'll go 5-7 next year. Our schedule is much more favorable and we won't have anywhere near the injuries/lack of depth that we faced this year. This year really was the perfect storm: new coaching regime, lack of depth, injuries, brutal schedule. The irony is that, without the crippling injuries, we're probably looking at a 2 or 3 loss season in Muschamp's first year, which is pretty solid. We would have beaten Auburn, USCe, and FSU, no doubts in my mind.

I just don't think Vol fans understand the paradigm shift that is happening at UF right now. That's why there is so much confusion in this thread about Jacobs' decision. Vols and other rivals are looking at this thing from one angle and are failing to see the bigger picture: that UF has developed a whole new identity. You guys are so used to seeing us use our speed to run around teams on the perimeter that it's going to look weird next year when Matt Jones is smashing between the tackles and dragging defenders 10 yards downfield. The SEC teams will need to schedule extra sessions in the ice baths after the UF games, because whether you beat us or not, we're going to start physically wailing on people. Up until now, the Gators have always been driving a little souped up sports car through the SEC, but now we're going to come rumbling through the conference in a tank.

ya so i guess tebow is just a big pussy who goes down after first contact. You had speed backs as well but Tebow running inside is what made urbans offense great thats why he left a year after tebow. And imo if Florida trys to start power running then bama, LSU, UGA, SC, And maby us if our defence procgresses should shut it down.

Perma, we're down to 68 scholarship players, bro. And some of those 5 stars like Ronald Powell, Deonte Thompson, etc., turned out to be pretty mediocre players.

ESPN reported the other day that only Ole Miss had less players selected for All-SEC first and second teams than UF. That should tell you a lot about the coaching abilities of our staff.

fyp

Anybody who doesn't think UF was depleted doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

We weren't down to 68 scholarship players, we were down to 60; and some of those were walk-ons that had earned schollies from their hard work, but who never really saw the field except in practice.

SECattrition.jpg

I think most fans, Gator and rival alike, realized it would take some time to change over an entire offensive system, complete with the type of players to run it. But, ultimately, with what is shaping up to be a Top 5 class this year, with probably 30 of the kind of players CWM needs, we should be a lot closer to being back than most other typically strong programs.

Reactions: 1 person
:zeitung_lesen:
Anybody who doesn't think UF was depleted doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

We weren't down to 68 scholarship players, we were down to 60; and some of those were walk-ons that had earned schollies from their hard work, but who never really saw the field except in practice.

SECattrition.jpg

I think most fans, Gator and rival alike, realized it would take some time to change over an entire offensive system, complete with the type of players to run it. But, ultimately, with what is shaping up to be a Top 5 class this year, with probably 30 of the kind of players CWM needs, we should be a lot closer to being back than most other typically strong programs.

Can only recruit 25. Do tell where these 30 Muschampain type players will come from?

Regarding why Muschamp left Saban's staff, Saban brought in Dom Capers to run the defense in Miami instead of promoting Will. He has since apologized and said it was one of the bigger mistakes he's ever made as a coach because Will deserved that job and would've done an outstanding job. Instead, Muschamp wound up going to Auburn where he would continue to field top 10 defenses and actually bested Saban in the 07 Iron Bowl. However, Saban got revenge in the Rose Bowl when Muschamp was with Texas.

Regarding the attrition issue, I do think it's something that the country should try to appreciate about UF. We've basically been on a self-imposed probation - down to only 68 players - thanks to Meyer's ineptitude and mismanagement of the program. The irony is that Ohio State only had 9 scholarship reductions from the NCAA yesterday and we're already way worse off thanks to Meyer. It really blows your mind, you know?

But we'll be okay. Like I said, folks, what we're witnessing right now (exemplified through this Damien Jacobs commitment) is a cultural shift. Here's a simple equation to help you envision it: 1984 UF toughness and fundamentals + Modern UF recruiting prowess = new era of Gator dominance. Up until this point, UF has never combined a legitimate NFL system with it's elite status. That's why, even with the success of Meyer and Spurrier, we couldn't reel in recruits like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, Willis McGahee, etc....but now that is all about to change. Exciting things are happening in the swamplands.

Thanks for the essay. Don't think anyone cares about a recap of Muschump's career nor your homeristic opinion as to what direction your team is headed.

That is because Muschamp has run off 20 of them in one year. And he will probably run off 20 more this year. That is because he yells before he thinks. Congratulations...you have been Zookered!!!!!!!!

Bwaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, Driskell is also leaving. And Easley hurt his footie and won't be able to practice this spring. And deputy Sharrif is flunking out. And AC Leonard is going green. Oh, and Slow Po has the cramps...

Reactions: 2 people
F'ing pathetic. Every single year we are reminded that message boards and FB crap does affect recruiting and a recruit's decision.

Whatever, he had his mind made up on what he was going to do anyways. If he has such a fragile psyche that he would make a huge decision based on fan interaction, Florida can have them. Besides, I think our fanbase is way more tame than these hicks from Gainsville. Maybe Jacobs will get a good buy on jorts during his stay there.

FYI, I don't like fans bothering recruits on these social mediums. It makes the fanbase look like a bunch of rubes. I know there are some morons who will read this and do it anyways. But do realize people who harass others on twitter or facebooks, you guys are mentally retarded and should be strapped in a harness or to a clothesline.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back