'12 JUCO DT Damien Jacobs (Florida signee)

I still don't understand why UF hired a bunch of pro-style coaches when most of their players were suited for the spread. Unless the AD on a whim decided to be more pro-style.

That is because Muschamp has run off 20 of them in one year. And he will probably run off 20 more this year. That is because he yells before he thinks. Congratulations...you have been Zookered!!!!!!!!

Bwaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, Driskell is also leaving. And Easley hurt his footie and won't be able to practice this spring. And deputy Sharrif is flunking out. And AC Leonard is going green. Oh, and Slow Po has the cramps...

Keep it coming. I like your stuff. No homo.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? You know that isn't going to happen. As challenging as this year was with so many injuries and being forced to play so many young players, we still finished with a top 10 defense (which we're always going to have under Muschamp) and made it to a bowl game. Lesser programs would have completely imploded with the amount of setbacks and misfortune that we faced this year. But we're Florida and we're never going to go away. In fact, once we straighten out our offense and add the likes of Matt Jones, Nelson Agholor, Stefon Diggs, DJ Humphries, Colin Thompson, Kent Taylor, etc., we're going to be virtually unstoppable. Envision a team with this year's Bama defense combined with the passing ability of 08 Oklahoma yet also featuring a Trent Richardson type of running game....that's pretty much going to be us. What we're building right now is not just going to win championships, it's going to change the way people think about the game.

Damien Jacobs knew this. He saw what was being constructed down here in the F-L-A and felt he had to be part of it. So, don't hate on the kid for realizing it was an opportunity he couldn't pass up.

You're joking, right?

I can't imagine the level of douche you would have to possess to go on another team's message board and talk crap. I suggest taking your forearm band and your popped collar and hit the jort sale at your local Kohls.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't imagine the level of douche you would have to possess to go on another team's message board and talk crap. I suggest taking your forearm band and your popped collar and hit the jort sale at your local Kohls.

With a 6-6 record.....lol....whoo wooo, we number 52!

It was also another rough day for junior college transfer Damien Jacobs at defensive tackle. Expected to come in and contribute early, Jacobs looks nowhere near prepared to tangle with Southeastern Conference-caliber offensive linemen right now and was pushed around all practice.
Florida Rivals

Thought this was interesting

Reactions: 1 person
with the new stength and conditioning coach and what ive heard from jacobs he wont like hearing this and the kid will be looking to make a big improvement by fall

we need the depth nick alajajian moving to NG should help tho

Last edited:
Very uninformed post. Couch struggled with fatigue. He would dominate in practice for about two snaps. Jacobs is fat, out of shape and has no technique to make up for his weaknesses.
Very informed, imo. You are splitting hairs. Wearing out after 2 snaps is not dominant.

Very informed, imo. You are splitting hairs. Wearing out after 2 snaps is not dominant.

If your asthma is induced by allergies (like mine), when you move to a new area it can get worse until your system gets used the new allergens. There's a big difference between needing to to level out regarding a medical condition and just coming in out of shape.

As do I. But being in shape helps. My comments are not an indictment on Mo, he had a decent year, I'm just not going to bash a kid just because he chose UF over us.

The reason for bashing him is irrelevant. You compared Couch's struggles to Jacob's. Couch's struggles were due to a medical condition. Jacobs is due to Just not being very good and lazy.

VN Store

Back