'12 JUCO DT Damien Jacobs (Florida signee)

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think the nation is about to see the best Florida teams it's ever witnessed.

Spurrier and Meyer did some good things, but they were ultimately soft. Neither went undefeated and each had their "kryptonite" (Spurrier's was FSU and Meyer's was the SEC West). The reality is that the world has never experienced a Florida squad that combines an elite stature with a physical, "punch you in the mouth for 60 minutes" style. The last time we were a physical team was 1984 but we didn't yet have the elite stature that we now have as a program. Since the 90's, we've had access to the elite talent, but we chose to go with speed and would rather run around people than run them over.

Muschamp is changing all of that. He is going to finally align the elite talent with the more fundamentally sound system. Foley knew this and that's why he chose to go with a Saban disciple - it was obvious what we needed after the 09 SEC title game. Now that we finally have shed the gimmick systems like the Fun'N'Gun and spread, we have a chance to become the more dominant programs of all time (think 2001 Miami).

Recruits see this and that's why they are buying in. Plus they know we are a media darling and will get full ESPN promotion as we embark on our run. The opportunity at UF is too good to pass up right now.

Did Charlie Weis sit on your head?

Big Boi and Chas are the perfect examples of why I'll always hate, loathe, and despise Florida and their fans more than any other team in the country.

Jort wearing jaggaloons that spew absolute nonsense from their mouths and actually believe what they're saying.

For the UF fans that like to compare and to the UT fans for this.

The recruiting classes the four years prior to the new HC arriving.

CWM & UF
2010 #2
2009 #11
2008 #3
2007 #1

CNS & UA
2006 #11
2005 #18
2004 #15
2003 #49

These rankings are based on Rivals but most of the sites I assume would be near that.

So please tell me where CWM came into such a run down program desperate for life unlike what Saban did at UA.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think the nation is about to see the best Florida teams it's ever witnessed.

Spurrier and Meyer did some good things, but they were ultimately soft. Neither went undefeated and each had their "kryptonite" (Spurrier's was FSU and Meyer's was the SEC West). The reality is that the world has never experienced a Florida squad that combines an elite stature with a physical, "punch you in the mouth for 60 minutes" style. The last time we were a physical team was 1984 but we didn't yet have the elite stature that we now have as a program. Since the 90's, we've had access to the elite talent, but we chose to go with speed and would rather run around people than run them over.

Muschamp is changing all of that. He is going to finally align the elite talent with the more fundamentally sound system. Foley knew this and that's why he chose to go with a Saban disciple - it was obvious what we needed after the 09 SEC title game. Now that we finally have shed the gimmick systems like the Fun'N'Gun and spread, we have a chance to become the more dominant programs of all time (think 2001 Miami).

Recruits see this and that's why they are buying in. Plus they know we are a media darling and will get full ESPN promotion as we embark on our run. The opportunity at UF is too good to pass up right now.

Can one of the mods move this post to the no one gives a **** forum?

I think some are underestimating the problems that UF had (and still has), but it isn't in the same stratosphere as UT's, as they would have you believe.

there was no depth on either line of scrimmage this yr

and the offensive weapons meyer left ugh just terrible

i think we probably had atleast 20 kids leave in the last 2 yrs too

Now if you want to talk about players being processed in the first few years under Saban there is a whole website dedicated to it. :)

Big Boi and Chas are the perfect examples of why I'll always hate, loathe, and despise Florida and their fans more than any other team in the country.

Jort wearing jaggaloons that spew absolute nonsense from their mouths and actually believe what they're saying.

But enough about Democrats............

Reactions: 2 people

I heard this from a couple of LSU guys that we were hanging out with, so take it FWIW.

This supposedly happened after the 2005 season while they were with the Miami Dolphins. Nick Saban, being the work-a-holic that he is was doing some work in his office (something about evaluating players or whatever it is he was doing). Muschamp had some important documents that Nick needed ASAP. These documents were in Muschamp's home office and Will was not at home at the time, only his mother was at home. So Will calls his mom to fax over the important documents to Saban.

Will's mom then faxes over some documents but they were the wrong ones. Saban then calls Will's mom to tell her that she faxed the wrong ones and to please send over the right documents. The mother then sends over 2 different faxes, again, with the wrong info. Nick Saban is so p'ed off by then that he calls Will's mom and goes ape zhit on her for not sending the documents that he requested.

Will's mom then calls Muschamp to let her know how she was treated by Saban. Muschamp then called Saban and let him have it and quit on the spot.

It was a funny story to listen to. Again, this was said to us by a couple of LSU guys.

Last edited:
UF will lose to LSU, UGA, and FSU at a minimum next year. Could also very easily lose to UT and the other West opponent, depending on who it is.

I don't understand why, each year, people put FSU on a pedestal. They were a pre-season top 10 and they just sucked. There is no reason to think they'll be any different. Coaching is a problem for them.

I heard this from a couple of LSU guys that we were hanging out with, so take it FWIW.

This supposedly happened after the 2005 season while they were with the Miami Dolphins. Nick Saban, being the work-a-holic that he is was doing some work in his office (something about evaluating players or whatever it is he was doing). Muschamp had some important documents that Nick needed ASAP. These documents were in Muschamp's home office and Will was not at home at the time, only his mother was at home. So Will calls his mom to fax over the important documents to Saban.

Will's mom then faxes over some documents but they were the wrong ones. Saban then calls Will's mom to tell her that she faxed the wrong ones and to please send over the right documents. The mother then sends over 2 different faxes, again, with the wrong info. Nick Saban is so p'ed off by then that he calls Will's mom and goes ape zhit on her for not sending the documents that he requested.

Will's mom then calls Muschamp to let her know how she was treated by Saban. Muschamp then called Saban and let him have it and quit on the spot.

It was a funny story to listen to. Again, this was said to us by a couple of LSU guys.

Yeah i heard this same thing back when it went down. Was hoping u had something else like he was caught wearing jort style thong down on calle ocho or something...

I don't understand why, each year, people put FSU on a pedestal. They were a pre-season top 10 and they just sucked. There is no reason to think they'll be any different. Coaching is a problem for them.

But Jimbo worked for Saban. How can he not be good?

It isn't so much putting FSU on a pedestal as it is saying that UF won't be very good. The Noles have serious offensive issues, though.

149429_167796106583369_167795273250119_443257_6345806_n.jpg

Regarding why Muschamp left Saban's staff, Saban brought in Dom Capers to run the defense in Miami instead of promoting Will. He has since apologized and said it was one of the bigger mistakes he's ever made as a coach because Will deserved that job and would've done an outstanding job. Instead, Muschamp wound up going to Auburn where he would continue to field top 10 defenses and actually bested Saban in the 07 Iron Bowl. However, Saban got revenge in the Rose Bowl when Muschamp was with Texas.

Regarding the attrition issue, I do think it's something that the country should try to appreciate about UF. We've basically been on a self-imposed probation - down to only 68 players - thanks to Meyer's ineptitude and mismanagement of the program. The irony is that Ohio State only had 9 scholarship reductions from the NCAA yesterday and we're already way worse off thanks to Meyer. It really blows your mind, you know?

But we'll be okay. Like I said, folks, what we're witnessing right now (exemplified through this Damien Jacobs commitment) is a cultural shift. Here's a simple equation to help you envision it: 1984 UF toughness and fundamentals + Modern UF recruiting prowess = new era of Gator dominance. Up until this point, UF has never combined a legitimate NFL system with it's elite status. That's why, even with the success of Meyer and Spurrier, we couldn't reel in recruits like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, Willis McGahee, etc....but now that is all about to change. Exciting things are happening in the swamplands.

Interesting stuff. I wouldn't put it past Saban to dog cuss somebody's mother. If this is true , I'm sure Nick didn't give 2 ****s when he quit.

Regarding why Muschamp left Saban's staff, Saban brought in Dom Capers to run the defense in Miami instead of promoting Will. He has since apologized and said it was one of the bigger mistakes he's ever made as a coach because Will deserved that job and would've done an outstanding job. Instead, Muschamp wound up going to Auburn where he would continue to field top 10 defenses and actually bested Saban in the 07 Iron Bowl. However, Saban got revenge in the Rose Bowl when Muschamp was with Texas.

Regarding the attrition issue, I do think it's something that the country should try to appreciate about UF. We've basically been on a self-imposed probation - down to only 68 players - thanks to Meyer's ineptitude and mismanagement of the program. The irony is that Ohio State only had 9 scholarship reductions from the NCAA yesterday and we're already way worse off thanks to Meyer. It really blows your mind, you know?

But we'll be okay. Like I said, folks, what we're witnessing right now (exemplified through this Damien Jacobs commitment) is a cultural shift. Here's a simple equation to help you envision it: 1984 UF toughness and fundamentals + Modern UF recruiting prowess = new era of Gator dominance. Up until this point, UF has never combined a legitimate NFL system with it's elite status. That's why, even with the success of Meyer and Spurrier, we couldn't reel in recruits like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, Willis McGahee, etc....but now that is all about to change. Exciting things are happening in the
swamplands.

I really hope you are joking. You do realize most of the defenses that Meyer and spurrier fielded were loaded with NFL talent. The only cultural shift is that the Florida offense is horrendous and loses it's top 3 players.

But we'll be okay. Like I said, folks, what we're witnessing right now (exemplified through this Damien Jacobs commitment) is a cultural shift. Here's a simple equation to help you envision it: 1984 UF toughness and fundamentals + Modern UF recruiting prowess = new era of Gator dominance. Up until this point, UF has never combined a legitimate NFL system with it's elite status. That's why, even with the success of Meyer and Spurrier, we couldn't reel in recruits like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, Willis McGahee, etc....but now that is all about to change. Exciting things are happening in the swamplands.

Yeah, Weis noted those upcoming exciting things

It isn't so much putting FSU on a pedestal as it is saying that UF won't be very good. The Noles have serious offensive issues, though.

Agreed. Having Weis for only a year hurt them. Noles are just bad offensively. Their running game shouldn't be a problem with that talent.

23r34j.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, Weis noted those upcoming exciting things

Just a side note for you: Weis was pretty much forced out. He wasn't adhering to the boundaries of "The Process" as much as Muschamp liked, so he "encouraged" him to take the Kansas job. This is eerily similar to what Saban had to do with Applewhite after his first year at Alabama. Then he brought in McElwain, who was more committed to doing things Saban's way, and the Tide started rolling. It's actually downright scary how similar the circumstances are between 07 Bama and 11 UF.

Going back to the point of this thread, though: I'm not trying to say Jacobs wouldn't have had a great opportunity at Tennessee, but I think recruits can just kind of "sense" something about UF right now. They are getting those vibes that something big is about to happen and they want to get in on the ground floor.

VN Store

Back