'10 CA QB Nick Montana

What??? Who did Hooker smear?

The article states Montana is interested in UT/SEC and has offers from a lot of good schools but not UT. He wants to get a decision made in the next few months but isn't going to wait around on UT.

What's the problem?

I think that the whole report is something that could have been put in a different light. Instead Hooker spun it to make it seem negative. That's the problem with it that I gathered.

I think that the whole report is something that could have been put in a different light. Instead Hooker spun it to make it seem negative. That's the problem with it that I gathered.

Yeah, like for instance..... It is exciting that Joe Montana's son is interested in, and has visited, UT. He has some really good offers from all around the country but has made UT one of his focal points.

Instead of....... Our incompetent staff hasn't offered this kid and he is growing impatient with UT (which is not the case if you read the article) and I think that they should offer this kid because he is the only big name QB interested at this time.

He is starting to become Finebaum Lite.

Someone ask Hooker how Anthony Munoz's son worked out for UT. The days of "throwing something on the wall and hope it sticks" recruiting is gone at UT. Wish we could say the same for the surrounding journalism.

They might also feel like if they offer Montana he will commit and hurt our chances with Heaps. I feel our coaches have built a really good relationship with Heaps.

In other words the coaching staff is putting all its eggs in one basket...Very very dangerous if You ask me...This kid could string us along and on NSD sign with someone else and leave our cheese out in the wind...Offer this kid and stop messing around, If Heap likes us that much he won't waiver

In other words the coaching staff is putting all its eggs in one basket...Very very dangerous if You ask me...This kid could string us along and on NSD sign with someone else and leave our cheese out in the wind...Offer this kid and stop messing around, If Heap likes us that much he won't waiver

Not one basket, just different baskets. Just because his name is Montana doesn't mean he will automaticly be great. Our staff has said they are not settling for anything but the best talent. So I think I will take the staff's word on who we should and shouldn't go after. There is more than two QB recruits out there this year.

These qb's more times then not don't wait until signing day.

Which is about ohhhh........ a year away. But yeah, we should hurry up and get as many QBs as we can this week even though they have hardly had a chance to go to junior camps.
Give me a break.

Which is about ohhhh........ a year away. But yeah, we should hurry up and get as many QBs as we can this week even though they have hardly had a chance to go to junior camps.
Give me a break.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm saying I'm not worried about eggs in one basket because Heaps isn't going to wait until NSD. If we miss on Heaps we will have plenty of time to land a top qb because his decision shouldn't last past the summer.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm saying I'm not worried about eggs in one basket because Heaps isn't going to wait until NSD. If we miss on Heaps we will have plenty of time to land a top qb because his decision shouldn't last past the summer.

Ok, I misunderstood then. Sorry bout that. :eek:k:

There must be something that the coaching staff is seeing that they are not to sure of with this kid. I would have thought that UT would have offered Nick by now. There are several other QBs that have been offered already.

I wonder if it's that part right there. This is this staff's first year recruiting and I wonder if they worry about going back on words / changing offers with recruits as it could become a reputation for them or something if they do it this early.....

course we already got enough bad media coverage :unsure:

Someone ask Hooker how Anthony Munoz's son worked out for UT. The days of "throwing something on the wall and hope it sticks" recruiting is gone at UT. Wish we could say the same for the surrounding journalism.

Exactly and thank goodness :good!:

Not to mention Gerald Riggs Jr.

I bet you'll change your tune once Heath Shuler, Jr. gets to high school :)

Yeah, like for instance..... It is exciting that Joe Montana's son is interested in, and has visited, UT. He has some really good offers from all around the country but has made UT one of his focal points.

Instead of....... Our incompetent staff hasn't offered this kid and he is growing impatient with UT (which is not the case if you read the article) and I think that they should offer this kid because he is the only big name QB interested at this time.

He is starting to become Finebaum Lite.
So instead of stating facts (Montana is not going to wait around) he should have spun it into a rah rah fluff piece? I am no Hooker fan, but I would like for someone to point out what he said in the article that was no negative.

:good!:

I think that staff needs to ask themselves what are the chances we get a Jake Heaps/Philip Sims/ Blake Bell and if they don't think the chances are that great than we should offer Montana.

well thats ironic of you say.we just threw a new head coach against the wall.lets hope he sticks :p

Not one basket, just different baskets. Just because his name is Montana doesn't mean he will automaticly be great. Our staff has said they are not settling for anything but the best talent. So I think I will take the staff's word on who we should and shouldn't go after. There is more than two QB recruits out there this year.

Give me a break.

i think nicks being pretty clear,get your name in the game or get out.

you seem to approve of that kind of bravado w/ kiffin.

i think nicks being pretty clear,get your name in the game or get out.

you seem to approve of that kind of bravado w/ kiffin.

I love the bravado. No question about it. Definitely sounds like the kid has a pair. Of course he has absolutely nothing at all to lose/gain.

So...I haven't read this thread and don't really have time...so would someone just answer this question for me....

Is this kid for real or is he just a name?

I think he has potential, but do we want to take a flyer when we could get Heaps?

Being a huge 49er and Montana fan, I'd give my left gonad for him to sign with UT. Just for the chance to run into Joe Montana somehow

Hell, if he has just a hint of what Joe had - something you can't measure - we'd be set for a few years

VN Store

Back