'10 CA QB Nick Montana

Scout $

2/24

By Simmons...Georgia has offered...talks about his familiarity with Georgia, says location will not be a factor and talks about about the success Matt Stafford has had under the UGA staff.

Because if you offer the kid and he commits then you could lose out on the guy you really wanted. QB's don't normally want to sign when another top QB is coming as well.
This. However, I'm not sure a courtesy offer couldn't hurt. I just don't see Nick wanting to end up at UT.

Yeah, I mean at least offer. If he ends up going to Bama, I'll never hear the end of it. "Bama's goun to win the NC cause we gotsa Muntahna, yee haw!"

I don't think this staff thinks he is as good as advertised, but who knows. I think they really want to see him in person to see his arm strength.

Scout $

2/24

By Simmons...Georgia has offered...talks about his familiarity with Georgia, says location will not be a factor and talks about about the success Matt Stafford has had under the UGA staff.

What success??? If Stafford is selected first in the draft, it'll be because of things like arm stregth and size. Those are things the UGA staff had nothing to do with.

Montana's last name alone is a recruiting tool. Will be very interesting how it will be used where ever he commits.

On a scale of 1-10 for sports reporting/writing I'd give Hooker a 2 on a good day.

Nick Montana is patiently waiting on Tennessee - for now.

"I'm not going to wait around for them."

He begins his article with a flat, uninspired lead and then immediately offers a contradictive statement by the person he's writing about. :banghead2:

Knoxville deserves a paper with a decent sportswriter.

What pisses me off even more than Hooker's terrible writing is that this article is just Hooker trying to encourage people to publicly second-guess Lane's decision making by not offering a Montana.

On a scale of 1-10 for sports reporting/writing I'd give Hooker a 2 on a good day.

He begins his article with a flat, uninspired lead and then immediately offers a contradictive statement by the person he's writing about. :banghead2:

What pisses me off even more than Hooker's terrible writing is that this article is just Hooker trying to encourage people to publicly second-guess Lane's decision making by not offering a Montana.

I couldn't agree with you any more. A complete hack and this is a smear job all the way.

Montana's last name alone is a recruiting tool. Will be very interesting how it will be used where ever he commits.

no excuse to not offer this kid.

is wonderboy afraid there might be a real qb coach hanging around campus.

what the heil,lane brought his pops.i would love to see nick bring his as well.

IMO, here is exactly why UT hasn't offered. I am not convinced they will either.

Montana is an interesting prospect in that he's more athletic than an average pro-style quarterback. A track star, Montana could be a dual-threat quarterback but he would like to play in a pro-style offense if possible.

He is actually list as a DT-QB on Rivals. He sounds a lot like Tajh Boyd.

They might also feel like if they offer Montana he will commit and hurt our chances with Heaps. I feel our coaches have built a really good relationship with Heaps.

which works on idiots like posivol.

I couldn't agree with you any more. A complete hack and this is a smear job all the way.

What??? Who did Hooker smear?

The article states Montana is interested in UT/SEC and has offers from a lot of good schools but not UT. He wants to get a decision made in the next few months but isn't going to wait around on UT.

What's the problem?

VN Store

Back